+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
jhutti said:
Yeah it is refundable but why are you asking it. Did you get results about ur parents medical
Yes, they did their medical last week...I am not sure about the medical results as the panel hospital staff just says that they send report directly to Embassy. If I pay the fee today, but they don't get positive medical results...what's the procedure?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha94 said:
Yes, they did their medical last week...I am not sure about the medical results as the panel hospital staff just says that they send report directly to Embassy. If I pay the fee today, but they don't get positive medical results...what's the procedure?
The panel doctor should have told ur parents about what they think about the results. U should be positive

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Weird thing happened today. Received an email from CIC apologizing for the error in the last correspondence.
I read the PDF file attached and the only thing that seems to be different is that they are going to process my application in CPC-Ottawa (as opposed to Ankara). eCas still shows App received and was not able to link my app to MyCIC.
Rossei, updated the spreadsheet.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
OP_POP said:
Weird thing happened today. Received an email from CIC apologizing for the error in the last correspondence.
I read the PDF file attached and the only thing that seems to be different is that they are going to process my application in CPC-Ottawa (as opposed to Ankara). eCas still shows App received and was not able to link my app to MyCIC.
Same thing happened to me. Received email saying visa office changed to Ottawa.

CHIPPAWA

Mar 2, 2016
Alberta
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
AINP inland
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2016
Nomination.....
July 5, 2016
AOR Received.
October 24, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront February 28, 2017
Med's Done....
March 18, 2017
Passport Req..
March 1st, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 8, 2018
LANDED..........
March 18, 2018
pippen said:
I received the Medical exam request in mid July, but hasn't received the request for criminal records or fee payment. Is this normal? Thought they all come together .. Thanks
same here, only received the medical exam request.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steelcase said:
May be due to ongoing turkey political issues they shifted. Or downsize staff at ankara and shifted cases to ottawa

sparkles_01

Jan 31, 2015
Hey Guys!

Received a letter from Immigration today via email saying "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing."

So, will they then be contacting my parents for a medical to be done and police clearance? Would I be kept in the loop?

Also, do they request for parents birth certificates at all?

Thanks!

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
Rossei said:
So, I finally updated the 2015 SS. There is only one main sheet now called 'Timeline' which has all the info of Stage1, Stage2 and Stage3. In order to successfully transfer all data into one sheet, I had to tweak some data (app rcv'd date/time, payment acceptance date) of very few people. If you find an error, please let me know or use 'Add/update Entry' sheet. Going forward, it won't be a problem to update any existing info.

I would like to ask all users who had previously updated info on Stage 3 to see if their row truly reflect their info in the new 'Timeline' sheet.

Minor changes:
- Application sending time-date has been deleted
- 'Location' has been replaced by 'Province' name
- All types of payment acceptance dates have been amalgamated into one
- Only the latest comments from Stage 3 have been kept

Thanks for your patience.
please help to correct my status on line 139 (echo6315). I have problem to log in to the sheet to update by myself.
ECAS IN PROCESS shows on June 7th. Received upfront test/landing fee/more documents request on June 15.
Thank you so much

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
[size=10pt]

Change of Mailing Address to Canada
[/size]

Has anyone changed the mailing address to Canada for the Principle Applicant, if the Principle Applicant are visiting Canada on a Visa?

Pls share your experience.

X0X0X

Jan 9, 2015
Checked Online:

Permanent Residence

We received Name application for permanent residence on January 2, 2015.
We started processing Name application on June 13, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

I wonder what's next?

samuelhq

Nov 15, 2010
X0X0X said:
Checked Online:

Permanent Residence

We received Name application for permanent residence on January 2, 2015.
We started processing Name application on June 13, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

I wonder what's next?
Which Visa Office your application went to?

samuelhq

Nov 15, 2010
I received the same email today. For all of you, did this happen after changing your address to a Canadian mailing address?

steelcase said:
OP_POP said:
CHIPPAWA said:
same here, only received the medical exam request.
I've received as well that type of letter from CIC.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody please advice if its normal for ECAS status for "parents application" to change to "In process" and not receive any medical request for more than 10 days after that status changed?

Should I call CIC to find out if I missed the medical email notification?