Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
Leolaz27 said:
Meeting the deadline

I am sponsoring my in laws....They/we received request for medicals and police clearance and payment of RPR fees on July 8 and must respond within 60 days.
My in laws were in Canada/USA when receiving this request and have to return to their home country before they can start the process which is only going to be on August 15!
So my question....if they don't meet the deadline of 60 days, what happens to their application? Does CIC suddenly put it at the bottom of the pile and pull a different application?
It says in the email...We should receive the above mentioned documents and medical results within 60 days. Failure to meet this deadline may result in the refusal of your application.

Does that mean they will refuse them PR?
My FIL sent an email to advise them that they are currently traveling and wont be able to respond immediately but not sure who even reads that? It went via the main webmaster email not to an actual person.

Does anyone know how long medicals take to process? Assuming no problems, if they have an appointment on August 15, will the medical be ready to send in by August 30?
Anyone here recently been for their medical?
Also, Police Clearance Certificates, what is the turn around? I heard approximately 3 weeks.

Appreciate any info.
Thanks
We are in same situation. My in-laws are here and we received PCC and Medical requests.

We applied PCC in local embassy. It takes little bit more time than home country but you still get them before 60 days.
You can take them to any accredited Medical doctor near your location. For us, they are charging 225 CAD per person.

You dont need to wait util they reach their home country. Hope this helps.

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Leolaz27 said:
Meeting the deadline

I am sponsoring my in laws....They/we received request for medicals and police clearance and payment of RPR fees on July 8 and must respond within 60 days.
My in laws were in Canada/USA when receiving this request and have to return to their home country before they can start the process which is only going to be on August 15!
So my question....if they don't meet the deadline of 60 days, what happens to their application? Does CIC suddenly put it at the bottom of the pile and pull a different application?
It says in the email...We should receive the above mentioned documents and medical results within 60 days. Failure to meet this deadline may result in the refusal of your application.

Does that mean they will refuse them PR?
My FIL sent an email to advise them that they are currently traveling and wont be able to respond immediately but not sure who even reads that? It went via the main webmaster email not to an actual person.

Does anyone know how long medicals take to process? Assuming no problems, if they have an appointment on August 15, will the medical be ready to send in by August 30?
Anyone here recently been for their medical?
Also, Police Clearance Certificates, what is the turn around? I heard approximately 3 weeks.

Appreciate any info.
Thanks
They can do their medical exam anywhere in the world, so it's fine if they do it in Canada or the US. For SA police clearance, try contacting doc assist: http://www.docassist.co.za/police-clearances/

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Rossei said:
I just came last night.
Welcome back Rossie: I went through all 3 of your PGP spreadsheets and noted that there is no update on PGP applicants residing in Pakistan. From 2014-2016, there must have been PGP applications for parents residing in Pakistan, one is mine, but unfortunately there is no movement. So it is like an indication to me that Pakistan is at a pause. One other thing that stood out from my GCMS notes is below. I don't know what underlined/bolded text means. Since you keep yourself informed on PGP applications, what's your opinion that we have not seen any movement from Paki applicants. I have not heard anything on my case, and I feel so helpless.

PAPER FILE
Office: FC4 Pre-Screened Registry - 0B550 Abroad
Paper File #:FXXXXXXX

Further text notes are this:
Sponsor Eligibility: Pre-Assessment in Progress .....bla bla (not indicative of any progress)

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

One Question: how long does it take to get PR after submitting docs to MIDI (Quebec sponsors)?

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
I got an email from CIC Ottawa asking for police certificate and the landing fee for my parents.

Question - The email mentioned that only a scanned copy of the police certificate is needed, but never clearly stated where to send the scanned copy. Should I just directly reply their email? The email was from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

Thanks guys!

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, did you apply from QC?

lukechen said:
I got an email from CIC Ottawa asking for police certificate and the landing fee for my parents.

Question - The email mentioned that only a scanned copy of the police certificate is needed, but never clearly stated where to send the scanned copy. Should I just directly reply their email? The email was from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

Thanks guys!

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me with what's needed for an upfront medical?

My parents file has transferred to London Visa Office and it appears to be the slowest. Just to quick up the process, I'm thinking of getting the medical done upfront. Any thoughts..

Regards
ZU

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei,

For some reason my timeline is removed from stage 3 in your excel sheet. It seems that it's been copied one line up. Strange!

PearDormouse

Jun 1, 2016
I was able to link the parents application in MyCIC. Used Application Number and Family Name option, then passport details, AND took me 4 days to figure out the correct family size. I sponsor my mom and dad, and my own family includes myself and 2 kids. So the right number of people was 3, probably not counting the kids but counting myself.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
ZU said:
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me with what's needed for an upfront medical?

My parents file has transferred to London Visa Office and it appears to be the slowest. Just to quick up the process, I'm thinking of getting the medical done upfront. Any thoughts..

Regards
ZU
You just need passport, file # and UCI number of your parents. Clinic will take care of the rest.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
PearDormouse said:
I was able to link the parents application in MyCIC. Used Application Number and Family Name option, then passport details, AND took me 4 days to figure out the correct family size. I sponsor my mom and dad, and my own family includes myself and 2 kids. So the right number of people was 3, probably not counting the kids but counting myself.
Which passport number did you use? The one when you first arrived to Canada from Origin country or Canadian passport?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
2015 Timeline SS Update
I'm trying to amalgamate all 3 timeline stage sheets into 1 sheet (same as 2014 & 2016) as moving data from one sheet to another is causing trouble. Please, have some patience!

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
PearDormouse said:
I've been trying for days but no success...

I'm sponsoring my mom only (she's widowed, i'm only child) so family size should be either 1 or 2.
Since all info are just facts copying from document...I'm guessing the problem is "the place intend to live in Canada"?? But I've tried all combination I can think of, basically just two, either Richmond Hill or Toronto.
Anyway, maybe our file is not in the system just yet. Our sponsorship got approved and was forwarded to Ottawa in late May, but ECAS still shows "Application Received".