+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Hello Friends,

I seen people asking PC for Canada question couple of time but have seen different responses. Like most of you, my mother has been here on Supervisa and has stayed for more than 6 months, do I need the police clearance for Canada .. ? . If yes is there a designated place in GTA where I can go alone and apply for her PC myself as she is not with me in Canada.

thanks

Salil

raj20

Jun 2, 2016
Hi Salil,

You need PC for your Mother. Unfortunately you can't go on your Mother's behalf as they need finger print. Once you have that than digital processing is very very easy and fast. If she is not in Canada your Mother's home country must have finger print expert who can take finger print for her on paper and submit it here in Canada. But it's longer process.

cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Above link will be helpful to you (add http: // www in front of url). There are private one's as well but I am not sure it's for people living outside Canada. Wish you unite with your Mother very soon.

salil said:
Hello Friends,

I seen people asking PC for Canada question couple of time but have seen different responses. Like most of you, my mother has been here on Supervisa and has stayed for more than 6 months, do I need the police clearance for Canada .. ? . If yes is there a designated place in GTA where I can go alone and apply for her PC myself as she is not with me in Canada.

thanks

Salil

raj20

Jun 2, 2016
kcdasoju said:
In order to complete my sponsorship application process, I need to submit Police Clearance Certificate.

Can someone help me by providing me the details for the application process for applicants residing in Hyderabad / India
If they are in India,

Go to local police station and they will help you out. If they are in Canada you can go to BLS service station (Indian Embassy) and submit form. It's 2 weeks process.

raj20

Jun 2, 2016
concernedson said:
Hi everyone, I am anticipating police record check requests for my mother soon as I got the sponsor approval last week. She was in the United arab emirates till 2013 july. She had made her police clearance 2 weeks before leaving the united arab emirates and never went back. Would she need another police clearance certificate in your opinion.
Thanks
Nope she will not need it. Hope you unite with her soon :).

raj20

Jun 2, 2016
OP_POP said:
Exactly the same situation as you.
Try to reach them via webform and choose specific office. cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp (Add http: // www, remove spaces)

ha08

Dec 2, 2015
Congrats! just a question, did CIC Ottawa send below request to your email or your parents' email? Thanks
mysore said:
Hi all,

Received through email the following:

1) Medicals for both parents (30 days to complete)
2) Police clearance certificate for both (from India) to be submitted before Aug 28
3) Right of landing fee

The file was in Ottawa! Hopefully you all get yours soon as they have started processing!

Cheers,
Mysore

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Thanks Raj,

I was looking at the people comment who are saying that they are getting medical and pc request. None of the messages, have the text they need PC for Canada. M I reading it correctly.. ?

Regards,
Salil

raj20 said:
Hi Salil,

You need PC for your Mother. Unfortunately you can't go on your Mother's behalf as they need finger print. Once you have that than digital processing is very very easy and fast. If she is not in Canada your Mother's home country must have finger print expert who can take finger print for her on paper and submit it here in Canada. But it's longer process.

cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Above link will be helpful to you (add http: // www in front of url). There are private one's as well but I am not sure it's for people living outside Canada. Wish you unite with your Mother very soon.

10101E2

Feb 26, 2016
concernedson said:
Hi everyone, I am anticipating police record check requests for my mother soon as I got the sponsor approval last week. She was in the United arab emirates till 2013 july. She had made her police clearance 2 weeks before leaving the united arab emirates and never went back. Would she need another police clearance certificate in your opinion.
Thanks
police certificates are valid for 6 months ONLY. if she got police certificate from UAE in july 2013 then that one is expired and you will need a new one.

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
ha08 said:
Congrats! just a question, did CIC Ottawa send below request to your email or your parents' email? Thanks
It was sent to my email, but I had provided my email id as contact email for my parents as well.

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
raj20 said:
If they are in India,

Go to local police station and they will help you out. If they are in Canada you can go to BLS service station (Indian Embassy) and submit form. It's 2 weeks process.
there should be an easier option than getting stuck with the red tape at the local police station. I know the CIC website link leads you there if parents are in India, but I am planning to apply this through the government of India website and take an appointment at the Passport seva kendras and it should be quicker, actually within a day or so. Will let you know how it goes.

concernedson

Jan 22, 2016
I believe you are correct and the police certificate is valid for only 6 months or a year as well. Can someone provide me with a cic link that can confirm validity of the police clearance certification validity. ppl are saying different things about the validity so I am confused.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
Received Medicals, PC and payment for second stage for my Parents via email. As somebody mentioned here, if you give contact email yours, you will receive updates for your parents applications.

We are still waiting for our in-laws application. We mailed both at same time with different packages.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
NDVO folks:

Where did you send your PCC? Do we need to notify NDVO once medicals are completed or they will find out on their own?

Anyone paid RPRF upfront?

Thanks.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
vividind said:
Received Medicals, PC and payment for second stage for my Parents via email. As somebody mentioned here, if you give contact email yours, you will receive updates for your parents applications.

We are still waiting for our in-laws application. We mailed both at same time with different packages.
Wow looks like Ottawa is very efficient. File transferred July 14 and medical request July 19. Congrats!

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Hello Friends,

I have filed application for my mother 2015 and my in-laws (2016 Application - transferred to New Delhi). Yesterday I had a word with CIC agent and she mentioned my mother and my in-law application has been approved. I mentioned to her that did not receive any SA till yesterday.

Today I checked my postal mail and I do see the approval for my in-laws. I thought may be because email was provided for my mother application therefore I need to request email SA Approval for my mother.

Today I called cic to request agent to send me the SA since I have not received, initially she said your application has been approved and transferred to Ottawa and then she told after few minutes, no its not approved it is still pending internal review which I mentioned in previous post.

I am not sure what to make out of this . My 2016 Application, I have been approved but my 2015 is stuck pending internal reviews.

Any thoughts .. ? I have already requested GSCM notes but will have to wait for few weeks to get that.

Regards,
Salil