+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:
I just received another email from Singapore asking for my mom and dad's Police Certificate, IMM5669 (Schedule A) and asking for sponsor (myself) to pay for RPRF (Right of Permanent Resident Fee). Everything must be done within 30 days - letter dated July 11, 2016 and I must send all document in ONE ENVELOPE to Singapore.
Good to know the kind of document requests from Singapore. Looks like it's much easier to comply than New Delhi.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
July 8, 2016

I received email for parents to submit Police Clearance certificates and Medical Exams.
They have 60 days to comply!
Also payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee for you and your spouse...so does that mean if my folks are applying, father pays $490 and spouse pays $490.
I am not really understanding the fee table.

Rosei please update the spreadsheet.Thanks Leo

afs25

Jan 30, 2015
vnexpress said:
Have you got medical request from Singapore?
Mine is still App received for both sponsor and PR.
My status for both sponsor and PR are the same (App Received), the only contact I got from Singapore is the AOR...

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
broham said:
I just received another email from Singapore asking for my mom and dad's Police Certificate, IMM5669 (Schedule A) and asking for sponsor (myself) to pay for RPRF (Right of Permanent Resident Fee). Everything must be done within 30 days - letter dated July 11, 2016 and I must send all document in ONE ENVELOPE to Singapore.
Hello Broham,

are you getting police clearance for your home country from Canada? I assumed you are doing your parents medical here.Did they give you only 1 month to send the police clearance? Because I thought they atleast give 60 days time for police clearance?

ss85

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
ss85 said:
Hello Broham,

are you getting police clearance for your home country from Canada? I assumed you are doing your parents medical here.Did they give you only 1 month to send the police clearance? Because I thought they atleast give 60 days time for police clearance?

ss85
SS85, I am requesting Police Clearance for my home country from Consulate office here. I also have to go to a local police department for my mom PCC in Canada since she's been here for 2.5 year. My dad is in my home country. However, he had worked abroad in many countries, so there will be some challenges getting the PCC done from those countries within 30 days. He is not accompanying my mom, but he still needs those PCCs.
Singapore only gave me 30 days. This is going to be tight. Everything has to be sent on 1 package too. I have no choice but to use Fedex or Purorator.

hopeinshahallah

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Police Certificates Sent Along with the Application
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with application
Med's Request
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
along with RPRF & Biodata request / ECAS updated to "Decision Made": 14-06-2013 / Passport Sent: 14-06-2013 / Passport & COPR Received: 05-Jul-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-June-2013
LANDED..........
06-July-2013 (Fort Erie, Peace Bridge U-Turn)
broham said:
SS85, I am requesting Police Clearance for my home country from Consulate office here. I also have to go to a local police department for my mom PCC in Canada since she's been here for 2.5 year. My dad is in my home country. However, he had worked abroad in many countries, so there will be some challenges getting the PCC done from those countries within 30 days. He is not accompanying my mom, but he still needs those PCCs.
Singapore only gave me 30 days. This is going to be tight. Everything has to be sent on 1 package too. I have no choice but to use Fedex or Purorator.
Are you sure we have to send in post ?

The e-mail which i received from (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) clearly explains that we can email the certificate

Police Certificate: Please provide a copy of an original police clearance certificate from India

Please note:

· Any documents submitted which are not in English or French must be accompanied by a notarized translation in either English or French.

· Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.
· Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
CIC number has always been same : 1-888-242-2100. The only reason they took time explaining/telling me application status is because I had ATIP notes which said they are waiting for some documents/verification. Customer service told me that the documents they are waiting are from CRA/Internal agencies as part of their internal reviews.

These internal reviews are random checks to make sure we have not taken any social assistance from the govt.

michelsky said:
Hi, can you send me here the contact number of cic because I did not hear anything from them yet and checked ecas still says APPLICATION RECEIVED. My mom's application was received January 5, 2015. NO updates yet and read some messages that some already got the results..

Lara_K79

Sep 19, 2013
maulikpatel35 said:
My parents PR file transfer to New Delhi and we already submitted all forms and require document along with Medical and RPRF. Just yesterday I got an email from them to provide all the home address and personal information from the age of 18 for both parents in Background declaration form.

• " Updated Schedule A for applicant XXXXXX and XXXXXX . The Schedule A (IMM5669 form) form enclosed with the mail has to be completed by applicant and his spouse. The information provided for the columns; Personal History (Column No. 8 on Page 2) and Addresses (Column No.12 on Page 3), should be from the 18th birthday onwards. Further, the addresses column should reflect all the address you have resided in since the age of 18. "

So anyone else get the same request as form clearly say either 18 years or last 10 years which ever comes first so we provided all the information for last 10 years.

Please advise if any one else get this kind of request from New Delhi.
I did get that request. We submitted and waiting now.

May 13, 2014
Hi!

Good news is I received a letter for my parents sponsorship is approved and it is sent to visa office in Ankara (2 January 2015 was received by mail)... They said if I am a resident of Quebec , I have to submit another form to Quebec office ... When I initially filed the application , I was not in Quebec and neither now... But I moved last year to Montreal and stayed there for 1 year and changed my address to Montreal at that time ...

How should we tell them that I don't want to apply through Quebec ?

Are they under impression that I live in Quebec and they need me to apply there ?

Thank you for clarification

Regards

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
I received sponsor approval letter via email today. It was mentioned that the file is transferred to CPC-Ottawa for further processing.

Ecas is not updated yet.

Also, still waiting for my hubby's sponsor approval letter.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
dreamaboutcanada said:
Hi!

Good news is I received a letter for my parents sponsorship is approved and it is sent to visa office in Ankara (2 January 2015 was received by mail)... They said if I am a resident of Quebec , I have to submit another form to Quebec office ... When I initially filed the application , I was not in Quebec and neither now... But I moved last year to Montreal and stayed there for 1 year and changed my address to Montreal at that time ...

How should we tell them that I don't want to apply through Quebec ?

Are they under impression that I live in Quebec and they need me to apply there ?

Thank you for clarification

Regards
I received same thing. I think it is a generic text for everyone.

May 13, 2014
Congratulation to you too...I guess so.. I am not sure this Quebec is an optional thing and it depends to initial application in 2015 or they look at your current address ?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
dreamaboutcanada said:
And how long it takes after it transfer to visa office generally?
Nobody from 2015 seems to receive Passport Request for visa stamping as of yet. But I think quite a few already received medical exam requests so I would say by the next summer, much part of 2015 batch will get the PGPG visas, probably at the same time as 2014 batch.