+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
Can someone please help me. I got a PCC request from NDVO along with request for other documents as outlined below(My Questions are in red). Can someone please help me.

1) Sponsor's Original Birth Certificate
2) Sponsor's old Indian Passport (Certified copy) - All pages
3) Co- Applicant's (in my case this is my Mom who will be accompanying my Dad) Original Birth Certificate- My Mom does not have this. Is that a problem?
4) Co-Applicant's Old and New Passports Copy
5) Co-Applicant's Voter ID Card - My Mom Does not have this. is that a problem?
6) Co-Applicant's 5th,8th,10th and 12th marksheet and certificate. - My Mom only has her Higher secondary certificate and marksheet. Will that be sufficient?
7) Principal Applicant's (My Dad) Current and Valid Passport copies (Just front and back bio pages)
8) Police Clearance Certificate
9) Medical Clearance - Sent directly by the physician
10) Travel History Form - For Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent
11) RRPF Receipt Copy
12) 3 Updated photos with Names - For Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent
13) Schedule A - For Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent
14) IMM 008
15) Additional Family Information Form - For Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent
16) Copy of the email requesting PCC and above documents

Here are some more additional questions:
1) To establish the relationship between the sponsor and the principal applicant NVDO has asked for a minimum of two documents. But they have not given the same option when it comes to establishing the relationship between the Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent. Do you think that If we provide a Higher Secondary Certificate, Passport pages and hopefully Voter's Id card we should be ok?

2) It's also strange they have asked for the sponsor's Indian Marriage certificate (which I don't have as I was married in Canada) but haven't asked for a Marriage Certificate that shows the relationship between Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent , should we send one anyways?

3) Also strangely they have only asked the Principal Applicant to provide one document which is a Passport and there is no mention of educational documents or Birth Certificate....Not that I am complaining. Just worried if I am missing anything????

tgen

Feb 2, 2016
ak_indi said:
Under the document checklist, there are atleast 3 places where they have asked for ORIGINAL BIRTH / DEATH CERTIFICATES....
sample
" Documents which clearly establish the relationship between you and your sponsor as well as between you and your accompanying family members. Please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your sponsor’s old Indian passport showing the sponsor’s name and the parents’ names, Indian marriage certificates showing parents’ names, and voter identification cards. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.
 Updated educational documents for your accompanying dependant(s) 22 years of age and above at the time of sponsorship.
o Original birth certificates issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths along with a translated copy.
o Copy of all pages of your dependant’s current and previous (if applicable) passport(s).
o Copy of your dependent’s voter I-card.
o ORIGINAL education document(s) for your dependant(s):
a. 5th standard certificate and mark sheet
b. 8th standard certificate and mark sheet
c. 10th standard certificate and mark sheet
d. 12th standard certificate and mark sheet
o Educational documents such as

a. Original mark statements and certificates.
b. Diplomas, university degrees, and trade certificates.
c. A letter from the institute or college stating his/her present course of studies.

 Original death certificate of your spouse with certified English translation, if applicable."

Please let me know if your required document checklist contains anything different from these points..
I am in the same boat. We live in Canada and our originals are here with us. Do they really expect us to send originals from here?

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Hi Guys

I need your suggestions here. Even a week after getting the request for PCC, RPRF & other forms, we have not received the following mail with instructions on how to get the medicals done for my mother from new delhi VO. Since we have to send them everything back in 60 days, and the timeline on medical is even stricter i.e. 30 days; do you think that we should get the medicals done upfront? I asked the doctor and she said she can do that and send the results to new delhi VO. In the meantime, i have initiated a case specific enquiry with NDVO asking them to send us the medical request about which they mentioned in their last email to us. Please advise.

Tim

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossie,

what do you mean by upfront/regular for medicals? (How do I know which one applies to my parents?)

Thanks

tgen

Feb 2, 2016
Mine has been 18 days and no medical request email yet! And they are coming here to Canada next week for 6 months!

timhortons said:
Hi Guys

I need your suggestions here. Even a week after getting the request for PCC, RPRF & other forms, we have not received the following mail with instructions on how to get the medicals done for my mother from new delhi VO. Since we have to send them everything back in 60 days, and the timeline on medical is even stricter i.e. 30 days; do you think that we should get the medicals done upfront? I asked the doctor and she said she can do that and send the results to new delhi VO. In the meantime, i have initiated a case specific enquiry with NDVO asking them to send us the medical request about which they mentioned in their last email to us. Please advise.

Tim

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
If parents are in Canada you can book and get the medical exam done right here in Canada. It is a global system so it does not matter where you will get it done the file can still be updated. Be sure to give doctor passport info, ideally the file number so when it's done they can match it with your GCMS record.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Really? Have you received the requests for other documents already? But coming to canada wont be a problem, they can get the medicals done here too.
tgen said:
Mine has been 18 days and no medical request email yet! And they are coming here to Canada next week for 6 months!

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Yes Vnexpress, thats what i am thinking too. I confirmed from the doctor and she also said that she would need passport, UCI & application number from us to send the results to visa office. Yeah my mom is in canada only. But isnt there some bar code on the form that VO sends us to get the medicals done? I dont know if we can get away with that :( Its pathetic the way these visa offices work. They say they will take 28 business days to respond to my query when the timeline for medicals is 30 days!!

vnexpress said:
If parents are in Canada you can book and get the medical exam done right here in Canada. It is a global system so it does not matter where you will get it done the file can still be updated. Be sure to give doctor passport info, ideally the file number so when it's done they can match it with your GCMS record.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
I think I kinda understand how CPC-M works now, still my guess though, I think they are very ambitious with backlog clearance they will get rid of everything before the new batch in 2017 and will make sure the backlog will never grow older than one year old. so we see 2014 through 2016 all being processed concurrently in the past couple months and at this speed by this year end all 2016 files and before will get processed for SA. I am not sure how they will process the PR part at visa offices though if they can be efficient and ambitious as CPC-M then it is a really good improvement. Another thing is the 10,000 PR visa quota for 2016. I forecast Liberals will boost the number to 20k in 2017 and that will completely kill the PGP backlog so people in following years will have a very decent processing time for parents, very likely within a year.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
timhortons said:
Yes Vnexpress, thats what i am thinking too. I confirmed from the doctor and she also said that she would need passport, UCI & application number from us to send the results to visa office. Yeah my mom is in canada only. But isnt there some bar code on the form that VO sends us to get the medicals done? I dont know if we can get away with that :( Its pathetic the way these visa offices work. They say they will take 28 business days to respond to my query when the timeline for medicals is 30 days!!
Up front medical can be done with just all the information your doctor requested. No need form or barcode from CIC. They only send out that form to you when they are ready to move on and you did not complete the medical. To make sure the medical does not get expired though, monitor other people's timeline and find the best time to get it done up front. If you are too early in the process, doing it now wont make any difference because the PF file has not been assigned to an officer.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Hi VN

My moms case has already been picked up by them and thats why NDVO sent us a request for these documents in which they also mentioned that my mom has to get her medicals done. The only thing that they missed is sending us that barcode form that they have sent to apparently everyone else here. So this is not really an upfront medical but I would assume (as u suggested) that my 30 days clock started the day they sent us the mail requesting the forms and other stuff. You r right, we shud get the medical thing completed without waiting anymore for the mail. Thanks for your help :)

vnexpress said:
Up front medical can be done with just all the information your doctor requested. No need form or barcode from CIC. They only send out that form to you when they are ready to move on and you did not complete the medical. To make sure the medical does not get expired though, monitor other people's timeline and find the best time to get it done up front. If you are too early in the process, doing it now wont make any difference because the PF file has not been assigned to an officer.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
timhortons said:
Hi VN

My moms case has already been picked up by them and thats why NDVO sent us a request for these documents in which they also mentioned that my mom has to get her medicals done. The only thing that they missed is sending us that barcode form that they have sent to apparently everyone else here. So this is not really an upfront medical but I would assume (as u suggested) that my 30 days clock started the day they sent us the mail requesting the forms and other stuff. You r right, we shud get the medical thing completed without waiting anymore for the mail. Thanks for your help :)
If they miss the barcoded form in their email you can still ask doctor in India or Canada to do it without the form and submit the result directly to them. Congrats! I hope NDVO will be fast after they ask for medical. Crossing my fingers that CIC will now have global processing standard that does not discriminate any specific region or country.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Yeah the barcode form is supposedly being sent in a different email and they missed sending me that email.
Oh yeah! they shud have same standards and also same timelines across globe, of couse some variation might happen coz of the different workloads but as far as the documents are concerned, they shud all be requesting the same documents across all VOs. Sadly, thats not the case here.

vnexpress said:
If they miss the barcoded form in their email you can still ask doctor in India or Canada to do it without the form and submit the result directly to them. Congrats! I hope NDVO will be fast after they ask for medical. Crossing my fingers that CIC will now have global processing standard that does not discriminate any specific region or country.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
timhortons said:
Yeah the barcode form is supposedly being sent in a different email and they missed sending me that email.
Oh yeah! they shud have same standards and also same timelines across globe, of couse some variation might happen coz of the different workloads but as far as the documents are concerned, they shud all be requesting the same documents across all VOs. Sadly, thats not the case here.
Talking about variance in workload, they claimed that now they've successfully launched GCMS CIC should be able to distribute/allocate workload evenly accross the visa offices to ensure consistent visa processing time. Not sure how committed they will stick with that practice. Some visa offices in Asia such as New Delhi and Singapore are very slow due to low quota allocation and large backlog but they didn't care in the past, leaving parents in these region with subjective discriminatory wait time.

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
vnexpress said:
Talking about variance in workload, they claimed that now they've successfully launched GCMS CIC should be able to distribute/allocate workload evenly accross the visa offices to ensure consistent visa processing time. Not sure how committed they will stick with that practice. Some visa offices in Asia such as New Delhi and Singapore are very slow due to low quota allocation and large backlog but they didn't care in the past, leaving parents in these region with subjective discriminatory wait time.
Well, going by the posts on this forum, Delhi is actually looking to be one of the fastest offices at the moment! and Ottawa seems to be getting the majority of the applications and most are experience little movement on their files, whereas a lot of people who were transferred to Delhi have had medical, PCC and even right of permanent residency fee requests... so who knows what's going on with immigration these days! I don't think we can really predict anymore, just go with it and cross our fingers things will happen soon... either way it's a lot faster than the poor folk from 2010 who are STILL waiting....