+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Rossei,

tried to update my status as i usually do, but this time just couldn't type anything on that data update sheet.
please help.

Received sponsorship approval letter from CIC by email on June.3rd. Case been forwarded to HongKong for further processing.

Thank you for your time and effort. You are great!! I wish you all the best!!

and also good luck everyone!!

Echo6315

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
Dear folks,

Anyone who submitted their application on Jan 2nd 2015 but haven't got sponsorship approved yet? My submission was shortly after 8am that day, but still haven't got the approval yet, and I am feeling very anxious and stressful. :( :'(

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I got the SA in email today as well. My mom's PR file has been transferred to Singapore. I wanted it to stay in Ottawa as she is living with me in Canada on SV. Currently, she is visiting our home country - Bangladesh. If Singapore asks for Medical and PCC (Canada & Bangladesh) soon, I don't know how we will manage her PCC (Canada) from Bangladesh. Any idea?

FYI, I will be joining my family & mom early next month and we will be travelling back to Canada on 25-July-2016.

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Good to hear Rossei...

My application is right behind you I guess.
I received AOR via regular mail and hoping the same for SA.
My concern is my email address. I have changed it on CIC website but not sure if it changed or not because there was no option to change email but regular address...so I put the information there anyways.

Any suggestions please...

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Rossei said:
I got the SA in email today as well. My mom's PR file has been transferred to Singapore. I wanted it to stay in Ottawa as she is living with me in Canada on SV. Currently, she is visiting our home country - Bangladesh. If Singapore asks for Medical and PCC (Canada & Bangladesh) soon, I don't know how we will manage her PCC (Canada) from Bangladesh. Any idea?

FYI, I will be joining my family & mom next early next month and we will be travelling back to Canada on 25-Julu-2016.
Congrats Rossei so pleased to read your post this morning and wish that the remaining process is completed swiftly for your mother.

Regarding the PCC as you may already know it has to be no more than 6 months old when you submit it.
You could consider getting one now and hope it is requested within the next 6 months in which case it is valid and can be submitted.

In case you do not receive the PCC request for more than 6 months it just means you would need to obtain a new certificate at that time.

You will not be required to send PCC for Canada unless specifically asked for which usually happens later in the processing.

kmann23

Jan 23, 2015
Hey everyone
I applied for my parents on Jan 2015.
And received an email yesterday , June 03,2016 that I have been approved as a sponsor and based on my relatives address the file has been moved to Ottawa CIC. My parents are in India. Shouldn't the file be directed to New Delhi ?? Or does it go to Ottawa and then New Delhi . Can you pls advise what the processing time and process steps are for india side of files .

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
kmann23 said:
Hey everyone
I applied for my parents on Jan 2015.
And received an email yesterday , June 03,2016 that I have been approved as a sponsor and based on my relatives address the file has been moved to Ottawa CIC. My parents are in India. Shouldn't the file be directed to New Delhi ?? Or does it go to Ottawa and then New Delhi . Can you pls advise what the processing time and process steps are for india side of files .
No it will be processed from Ottawa. Your parents can do their medicals anywhere in the world.

When it comes to passport and visa issue time then Ottawa will ask if you are still in India to submit the passport to Delhi for the visa stamping.

kmann23

Jan 23, 2015
Thank you
My Parents are in india at the moment but they have visitor visa for canada .
Does it help and make it faster if they are arrive here and provide their passports ? Does it eliminate New Delhi process or make it faster ?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
soonihope said:
Congrats Rossei so pleased to read your post this morning and wish that the remaining process is completed swiftly for your mother.

Regarding the PCC as you may already know it has to be no more than 6 months old when you submit it.
You could consider getting one now and hope it is requested within the next 6 months in which case it is valid and can be submitted.

In case you do not receive the PCC request for more than 6 months it just means you would need to obtain a new certificate at that time.

You will not be required to send PCC for Canada unless specifically asked for which usually happens later in the processing.
Thanks soonihope.

I understand the 6 month validity of PCC. But I thought my mom would require to submit PCC from every country she lived for more than 6 months by default. Thanks for clarifying.

I was even thinking of doing an upfront medical while my mom is in BD. I know that medicals are valid for 12 months (needs to be valid till she lands here). But I'm not sure how the result should be handled. Will the panel physician give me the original result or a copy since we won't know when this will be asked? Enlighten me if you know anything.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Rossei said:
Thanks soonihope.

I understand the 6 month validity of PCC. But I thought my mom would require to submit PCC from every country she lived for more than 6 months by default. Thanks for clarifying.

I was even thinking of doing an upfront medical while my mom is in BD. I know that medicals are valid for 12 months (needs to be valid till she lands here). But I'm not sure how the result should be handled. Will the panel physician give me the original result or a copy since we won't know when this will be asked? Enlighten me if you know anything.
Regarding police certificates for Canada please see below :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

It is not required, but if CIC require it they will contact you later.

For the upfront medical you can undergo that at anytime and when you go for the exam the doctor will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B (upfront medical report) which you can email to the LVO.

champ1

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks Rossei for your email. I received the approval for application to sponsor last week. The letter is dated May 13, 2016 stating that the application has been forwarded to New Delhi office. No request received for medical yet. Sorry i tried to update the spreadsheet but it does not allow me.

jxu

Jan 14, 2015
I'm in the Jan 2 UPS batch. So far, I have only received the first letter via email last year. The online status now has 2 columns: the 1st column is AR (sponsor application) and the 2nd column (PR application) is IP. But when clicked into them, both column are only have one line, saying we received your application on January 2, 2015.

Does this make sense? I'm getting worried when I heard 2016 applications starts moving. What would happen if the email or letter for requesting supplement documents got lost?

jimmydixit

Sep 13, 2015
parents PR said:
I have received same email and don't know what to do.
we have also got same request but in my case have only parents

is my mom considered as dependent then do we have to submit below requested documents? My Mon is 60 yers now and its not possible to get 5th, 8th, 10th and 12 th marksheet and certificate.
Please suggest what to do? anyone have same situation? or below requested documents only for dependent except spouse

q Updated educational documents for your accompanying dependant(s) 22 years of age and above at the time of sponsorship.
o Original birth certificates issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths along with a translated copy.

o Copy of all pages of your dependant’s current and previous (if applicable) passport(s).

o Copy of your dependent’s voter I-card.

o ORIGINAL education document(s) for your dependant(s):

a. 5th standard certificate and mark sheet
b. 8th standard certificate and mark sheet
c. 10th standard certificate and mark sheet
d. 12th standard certificate and mark sheet
o Educational documents such as

a. Original mark statements and certificates.

b. Diplomas, university degrees, and trade certificates.

c. A letter from the institute or college stating his/her present course of studies.

Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Rossei said:

FYI, I will be joining my family & mom early next month and we will be travelling back to Canada on 25-July-2016.
Hi Rossey, I'm glad to hear your news.
A question though: is there any rule they follow when they decide whether the processing will be transferred to the LVO or Ottawa? My mom is also in Canada, thus I wonder what does it mean for us in case they will transfer it out of Canada.