+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
CPA2CANADA said:
Guys...just wondering if this is normal...i have not received the SA and my ECAS shows Application Received but PR application of my mom is already in process and she got her medical request last May 31, 2016.

Appreciate if you guys can response.
If your mum has received medicals then a decision had already be made on the sponsorship approval part of the application.

It seems like the correspondence relating to the sponsorship part of the application is either not reaching people or CIC are actually not sending it out on purpose and moving straight to the next stage of medicals and PCC.

Maybe for the sake of faster processing times some shortcuts are having to be taken in the correspondence being sent out to applicants.

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
CPA2CANADA said:
Guys...just wondering if this is normal...i have not received the SA and my ECAS shows Application Received but PR application of my mom is already in process and she got her medical request last May 31, 2016.

Appreciate if you guys can response.
Hi! Did your mom get a request via email or regular mail. Did you get any notification sent to you stating that a medical request had been sent to your mom? I am yet to get my SA and my parents are currently visiting me in Canada so I am worried if they have been sent medical requests via regular mail in India.

Thanks!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Nkunjur said:
Hi! Did your mom get a request via email or regular mail. Did you get any notification sent to you stating that a medical request had been sent to your mom? I am yet to get my SA and my parents are currently visiting me in Canada so I am worried if they have been sent medical requests via regular mail in India.

Thanks!
You should ask any neighbour/relative close to your parents to have a keen eye on your mail box in India. Hopefully, you will get the correspondence in email. But you cannot trust CIC 100%. Moreover, New Delhi - India has been dispatching Medical/Certificate request recently, so you should act promptly.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
I was just wondering if your guys ecas changed to anything other than Application Received?

I received a letter saying I was approved as sponsor but on-line it still shows application received and nothing more.

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
Rossei said:
You should ask any neighbour/relative close to your parents to have a keen eye on your mail box in India. Hopefully, you will get the correspondence in email. But you cannot trust CIC 100%. Moreover, New Delhi - India has been dispatching Medical/Certificate request recently, so you should act promptly.
Thanks Rossei.

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
steelcase said:
I was just wondering if your guys ecas changed to anything other than Application Received?

I received a letter saying I was approved as sponsor but on-line it still shows application received and nothing more.
you received the letter by mail or email?

parents PR

Jun 2, 2016
jimmydixit said:
we have also got same request but in my case have only parents

is my mom considered as dependent then do we have to submit below requested documents? My Mon is 60 yers now and its not possible to get 5th, 8th, 10th and 12 th marksheet and certificate.
Please suggest what to do? anyone have same situation? or below requested documents only for dependent except spouse

q Updated educational documents for your accompanying dependant(s) 22 years of age and above at the time of sponsorship.
o Original birth certificates issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths along with a translated copy.

o Copy of all pages of your dependant’s current and previous (if applicable) passport(s).

o Copy of your dependent’s voter I-card.

o ORIGINAL education document(s) for your dependant(s):

a. 5th standard certificate and mark sheet
b. 8th standard certificate and mark sheet
c. 10th standard certificate and mark sheet
d. 12th standard certificate and mark sheet
o Educational documents such as

a. Original mark statements and certificates.

b. Diplomas, university degrees, and trade certificates.

c. A letter from the institute or college stating his/her present course of studies.

Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.
I have received same email and don't know what to do.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
steelcase said:

Congrats on getting the SA.

Any direct correspondence (email or mail) from CIC is way more significant than E-Cas status. Furthermore, it won't always update on a timely manner. I've been seeing people getting Medical Request w/o any change in their E-Cas status. So, don't bother too much about it.

BTW, you didn't update the SS yet. When was the letter dated (assuming you received it in snail mail)?

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Rossei said:
Done. But you should be able to update the SS by selecting your username in any row from 7 to 20 on "Add/Update Entry" sheet.

BTW, where was the mail sent to? Your Indian address or Canadian one?
Thanks Rossei, no mail came to my canadian address

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Congrats on getting the SA.

Any direct correspondence (email or mail) from CIC is way more significant than E-Cas status. Furthermore, it won't always update on a timely manner. I've been seeing people getting Medical Request w/o any change in their E-Cas status. So, don't bother too much about it.

BTW, you didn't update the SS yet. When was the letter dated (assuming you received it in snail mail)?
Agreed. My status changed to "In Process" earlier this week and then back to "Application Received" last night. Awaiting medical request

Ishneetd

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
LANDED..........
November 2016
Hi,

I am posting on behalf of one of my cousin. Her parents had applied for PGP in the January 2015 quota. They got an email stating that their file has been transferred to New Delhi Visa Office.

Does any of you have any idea about how long does it take for NDVO to approve or anyone with the same timelines?

Thanks

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My sponsorship was just approved as well. received an email about it. file was transferred to Ankara.

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
Hi Rossei,

I am unable to update the SS but I did get my SA today (3 June) via email. And the application has now been transferred to New Delhi. The ecas status for Permanent Residence Application Status say "In Process" even though the Sponsorship Application Status still says "Application Received". Also I checked the SS and currently my city is listed as Edmonton BC...it should be Edmonton AB :) Thanks!

Quick question - My parents are currently in Canada. What would your recommendation be to get a Medical and PCC here? Is it possible? Lastly, the mail requesting Medical and PCC where does it come from? Is CIC or Canada mentioned anywhere on the envelope? What is the sender's address/ name on the envelope? I have asked my parent's neighbor to keep an eye out for any envelope that they might suspect is regarding their PR but it would be great if I could give them something more concrete to look out for.