+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
VIC05 said:
Hello,

Wanted to know if anyone has any idea that if parents are coming to Canada on supervisa, we need to book one way ticket, or they need return ticket as well.

Thanks for replying in advance.
I actually asked a boarder security agent at YVR airport this question and they said a one way ticket is fine because theyre coming in on a supervisa, the only problem you might run into is with your airline allowing them to check in from their home country on a one way ticket...some airlines can be real jerks and think they know everything :)

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
VIC05 said:
Hello,

Wanted to know if anyone has any idea that if parents are coming to Canada on super visa, we need to book one way ticket, or they need return ticket as well.

Thanks for replying in advance.
For your reference, my mom is here on super visa. she came here with a one-way ticket in 2013.

while super visa allows staying up to 2 years, i believe booking one-way for parents is very reasonable.

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
My sponsorship is approved by email and sent to Ankara yesterday. How long do you think the Ankara embassy takes to start processing it?!

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Good news, i got my approval of my Mother's sponsorship on May 13th (Fri 13th!) and it has been forwarded to the office in London for processing. Wow, seems like things are really rolling. Fingers crossed!

@Rossei - i tried to update the spreadsheet, not sure if i did it right or not. I was in the Jan 2nd 2015, 2pm Purolator batch.

I still can't see the application status online...it just says it doesn't recognize me when i use Application number nor UCI number.

Does anyone know how they will contact my mother? Is it by email or by letter in the post? Is the next step the call for Medical and police checks by the local visa office?

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If individual qualify only to sponsor for 1 parent not both because of minimum income requirement then can Individual apply for one parent sponsorship only?

Also just to make sure for family size count: you have to count yourself and your spouse and then your parents (if you don't have any child) = 4?

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Hello Friends,

It’s very helpful to see, people sharing and helping each other out. I would like to share timeline for my mother and has quick question if you guys can help. She is single and mostly stay with me in Canada or with my brother in USA. Since she does not stay in India for much – (3 months every yr), I am scared that I will miss any communication from CIC.

Can you guys guide me if any steps I should to make sure they send all communication to me here in Canada and not to mailing address in India. Also do they typically ask for any specific documents for parents after initial sponsorship approval from my side. Just wanted be pro-active and stay ready with documents.

Rossie : Please help me to add to the sheet . I am not much technical.

Application received : Jan 2nd 2015 – Fedex -9:43 AM batch
AOR received : 21st March 2015

Salil

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got sponsorship approval via email today. Application forwarded to CPC-Ottawa (application includes both parents.. no other dependents... Address in Oman). What I don't understand is why did they send file to Ottawa for further processing, shouldn't they be sending it to Abu-Dhabi?

Application received 2nd Jan 2015 @ 3:30pm.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
nina.roy said:
I also got sponsorship approval via email today. Application forwarded to CPC-Ottawa (application includes both parents.. no other dependents... Address in Oman). What I don't understand is why did they send file to Ottawa for further processing, shouldn't they be sending it to Abu-Dhabi?

If you read the latest information on the website, it says they now reach out to a global network of Visa offices to ensure the fastest and most efficient processing possible. I wouldn't mind if mine was forwarded to a Canadian office instead of a UK one!

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nina.roy said:

congrats!!. You zip pass so many candidates. I have my app reach at 1.24 pm 2nd jan 2015. Still no word.

jzsga1

Jan 19, 2015
nina.roy said:

congrats!! Just curious - was your online status changed to "In process" before receiving the email from them or after? THANKS. ;)

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
salil said:
Hello Friends,

It’s very helpful to see, people sharing and helping each other out. I would like to share timeline for my mother and has quick question if you guys can help. She is single and mostly stay with me in Canada or with my brother in USA. Since she does not stay in India for much – (3 months every yr), I am scared that I will miss any communication from CIC.

Can you guys guide me if any steps I should to make sure they send all communication to me here in Canada and not to mailing address in India. Also do they typically ask for any specific documents for parents after initial sponsorship approval from my side. Just wanted be pro-active and stay ready with documents.

Rossie : Please help me to add to the sheet . I am not much technical.

Application received : Jan 2nd 2015 – Fedex -9:43 AM batch
AOR received : 21st March 2015

Salil

That's the same thing I'm concerned about, not sure if they will send communications to her via Email or via Post and if I will also see a copy of those communications emailed to me directly. If someone who has already had requests for medical etc can answer how those communications came, can you please let us know?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
AnastasiaU said:
That's the same thing I'm concerned about, not sure if they will send communications to her via Email or via Post and if I will also see a copy of those communications emailed to me directly. If someone who has already had requests for medical etc can answer how those communications came, can you please let us know?
If you have provided an email for the principal applicant then all correspondence will be sent via email.

You can order your gcms notes and it will actually mention the mode of communication selected for your principal applicant.

My parents received everything via email including medical request and passport request.
I would suggest now that processing has started on your case to order your gcms notes and check periodically on any updates in your file. Order the electronics file and not physical file, you will also see any comments and remarks written by the officer dealing with your case.

Also some people have corrected errors of detail they only see when they got their notes. Costs only $5 and takes 30 days to get but well worth it.

warmwind3

Jan 13, 2015
hi all,
i am happy to report i just received an email that indicated sponsor approval. the case is now forwarded to Ottwa.
I am sponsoring my parents with my husband as a co-signer. Also our daughter was born by the end of last year, i reported this change to cic and it seems not be a problem at all.
I am very happy for the progress!

Application was received on Jan 5, 2015, 8:13am

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jzsga1 said:
congrats!! Just curious - was your online status changed to "In process" before receiving the email from them or after? THANKS. ;)
My ecas status is still stuck in "Application Received" status. Its been in that status for a long time.... looks like they are not updating ECAS status at the same time as processing applications. Good luck all!! :D

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Thanks Much soonihope , that was really helpful. I was looking at the website to order GCMS notes. In the requestor information should we be putting our name and DOB or our parents DOB. I am kind of confused here

Salil

soonihope said:
If you have provided an email for the principal applicant then all correspondence will be sent via email.

You can order your gcms notes and it will actually mention the mode of communication selected for your principal applicant.

My parents received everything via email including medical request and passport request.
I would suggest now that processing has started on your case to order your gcms notes and check periodically on any updates in your file. Order the electronics file and not physical file, you will also see any comments and remarks written by the officer dealing with your case.

Also some people have corrected errors of detail they only see when they got their notes. Costs only $5 and takes 30 days to get but well worth it.