+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
There is some argument going on on 2014 application thread....I know someone who applied for their parents in 2011 before the pause and they came here in 2014. Within 3 yrs. and the person who sponsored was not even a citizen. There have been cases prior to 2011 that took max 3 yrs for the whole process. I think if you have all the documents then it takes up to three years. I may be wrong.
I am hopeful that We all 2015 applicants will hear something by This Fall. Our aging parents deserve to be hear with us.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody post the link to 2014 and 2011 (or 2010?) threads here please?
Thanks in advance

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigration visa quota is still 20k for parents this year. I was hoping liberal increase it to 25K. I think still 30-40k old applications are pending since 2011. Bit disappointed. This way we will not get turn for next 3 years

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
Can somebody post the link to 2014 and 2011 (or 2010?) threads here please?
Thanks in advance
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.23340.html

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Hi Sorry to bother you again on this topic but I still get this message when i try to log on to find out my application status (applied 2015)

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:"

I've tried using application number, UI and my PR ID using both my mother and my date of birth. Should i be worried? Has everyone else from 2015 applications been able to log onto the e-cas service?

I looked for a number to try and call them but of course couldn't find one anywhere - does anyone have a good number i can ring?

sdzbwxp

Jan 21, 2015
the new government just increased budget by 25 million for reducing processing time. Hopefully our applicaiton will be processed quicker.

dtnnn

Oct 5, 2013
We sent our application to sponsor our parents in Jan 2015. Just heard back from CPC-M for additional documents (original copy of option C printout). Seems like these applications have finally started moving forward.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
dtnnn said:
We sent our application to sponsor our parents in Jan 2015. Just heard back from CPC-M for additional documents (original copy of option C printout). Seems like these applications have finally started moving forward.
Woah... that's a little too early.... did you get GCMS?

Not that I am complaining. I am actually happy if this is the case.

dtnnn

Oct 5, 2013
dbss said:
Woah... that's a little too early.... did you get GCMS?

Not that I am complaining. I am actually happy if this is the case.
Did not get GCMS. From what I can tell from the letter, the application would be reviewed again April 22nd / 23rd.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dtnnn said:
Did not get GCMS. From what I can tell from the letter, the application would be reviewed again April 22nd / 23rd.
Get option C asap. It takes 2-3 weeks to get from CRA. Not to mention easter holidays. From your post ii am also thinking to apply for option c anyway. Just in case. I did submit original NOA.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
ZU said:
Congrats! Regarding Option C, now you can print them online from CRA website.
Not sure for your batch of 2015 but we were asked to send original option C printouts obtained from CRA.

Also I would suggest for all of you to get the option c printouts ordered so you avoid delays of a couple of weeks when you receive the letter for document update.

Also as the option c printout does not expire better to have them in hand and be quick to reply back to CIC.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
dtnnn said:
:eek:
Congrats I guess.

Are you in our Google spreadsheet? If not, would you mind sharing your info there? Links are in my signature.

Let us keep in the loop how your case progresses.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did your online status change at all? Thanks

dtnnn said: