+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Putipie

Dec 6, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm doing the application for my parents and my sister, they will be coming from Cuba. I have a few questions if somebody could help me.
Do I need to submit my parents and my sister copy of passport translated? If so do they need to be certified and notified?
Same question for birth certificates and marriage certificate, I'm not sure if the translated copies needs to be certified and notified as well.
Thanks,

rix0065

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Hello Everyone,

My brother is submitting our parents application in Jan 2016. Just wanted to know if anyone was in same situation like him and got accepted in 2015?

He does not has a birth certificate from India, so what should we provide in place of that? We are thinking of putting grade 10 certificate with an affidavit. Can anyone please confirm what they did, who was in same situation like us and got accepted in 2015

Thanks

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rix0065 said:
Hello Everyone,

My brother is submitting our parents application in Jan 2016. Just wanted to know if anyone was in same situation like him and got accepted in 2015?

He does not has a birth certificate from India, so what should we provide in place of that? We are thinking of putting grade 10 certificate with an affidavit. Can anyone please confirm what they did, who was in same situation like us and got accepted in 2015

Thanks
10th certificate is fine provided it is in English. His DOB is written on it. Also his parent(or at lest principle applicant -father ) name should be on the certificate.

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
I applied for my mother in 2015, but didn't meet 2011 income due to mat leave. So I put explanation letter with and 8 years of NOA with above income except 2011. They sent me confirmation email which include this wording
"Your application has been accepted as one of the 5,000 applications for the 2015 intake year. Please note that you will be notified at a later date once your application is fully entered into Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) case processing system. "

What "fully entered mean"? when will I know that 2015 applications are fully entered in system?

I am asking as I don't had enough income in 2011, should I apply again in 2016?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ykhehra1 said:
I applied for my mother in 2015, but didn't meet 2011 income due to mat leave. So I put explanation letter with and 8 years of NOA with above income except 2011. They sent me confirmation email which include this wording
"Your application has been accepted as one of the 5,000 applications for the 2015 intake year. Please note that you will be notified at a later date once your application is fully entered into Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) case processing system. "

What "fully entered mean"? when will I know that 2015 applications are fully entered in system?

I am asking as I don't had enough income in 2011, should I apply again in 2016?
They only charged your credit card because the application is considered to be completed. In other words, has all the basic requirements, signed applications, original option C or NOA printouts. Nothing more. They will not check whether you meet the LICO requirements or not. That is done once CIC reopens the application for a closer look years later. They will see that you did not meet the LICO 2011 requirement. They will then reject the application and return it to you with a reason for rejection. The total number of possible applications that ended up with parents with PR, will drop down to 4999.

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
screech339 said:
They only charged your credit card because the application is considered to be completed. In other words, has all the basic requirements, signed applications, original option C or NOA printouts. Nothing more. They will not check whether you meet the LICO requirements or not. That is done once CIC reopens the application for a closer look years later. They will see that you did not meet the LICO 2011 requirement. They will then reject the application and return it to you with a reason for rejection. The total number of possible applications that ended up with parents with PR, will drop down to 4999.
Ok suppose they will open it again in 2018 and I have above income in 2012 to 2017 and mailed them NOA of remaining 2014-2017. Will they consider these later years NOA?

I already sent them 8yrs of NOA and with 4 more years, it will be only 2011 lacking income in 12years. I think I am good, but any assurance from experts is welcome and saves me from applying again 2016.

rizwan12345

Jan 25, 2010
I am sponsoring my parents my dad (applicant) and mom. There are no other dependents . I mean my brother and sister all are married and 20+ years old.
Please confirm as DO NOT have to filled our Additional Dependants/Declaration Form (IMM 0008DEP) form?

I have already mentioned my mother info on the other form and will be doing that on the Additional family information form too so do I still have to fill out the Additional Dependants form IMM 000DEP.

Cheers,

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
ykhehra1 said:
Ok suppose they will open it again in 2018 and I have above income in 2012 to 2017 and mailed them NOA of remaining 2014-2017. Will they consider these later years NOA?

I already sent them 8yrs of NOA and with 4 more years, it will be only 2011 lacking income in 12years. I think I am good, but any assurance from experts is welcome and saves me from applying again 2016.
Try to remain optimistic and do what you possibly can. To play it safe and if you can afford it, I suggest you to apply next year in 2016 with income from 2012, 2013, 2014 and at the same time withdraw the 2015 application. Not many people here can answer your questions with guaranteed expertise and some people just love throwing negative assumption to the people like you for some reasons. Ignore them.

Wish you all the best!

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
screech339 said:
Proof for your answer please?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ykhehra1 said:

You are not good and you wasted a spot for someone who was actually eligible and got rejected because his/her application was the 5001 app. Why apply when you do not meet the qualifications? Who cares you met the criteria for 8 years! You didn't meet it in 2011 and your application will be rejected.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
vnexpress said:
Proof for your answer please?
The following is an extract from the operational bulletin 561 regarding how the sponsors income is calculated:

Subsection 134(2) of the Regulations is replaced by the following:

Exception

(1.1) Subject to subsection (3), for the purpose of clause 133(1)(j)(i)(B), the sponsor’s total income shall be calculated in accordance with the following rules:

the sponsor’s income shall be calculated on the basis of the income earned as reported in the notices of assessment, or an equivalent document, issued by the Minister of National Revenue in respect of each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship application;

Unfortunately if you fail to meet the financial requirements for any reason then the sponsorship application is usually rejected even in old cases of parent sponsorship. The current requirement is to meet the financial level for three years before you applied and continue to meet the LICO level until the application is approved and until your parents have landed as PR's.

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
OP_POP said:
You are not good and you wasted a spot for someone who was actually eligible and got rejected because his/her application was the 5001 app. Why apply when you do not meet the qualifications? Who cares you met the criteria for 8 years! You didn't meet it in 2011 and your application will be rejected.
I put explanation letter in it. Maternity leave is government privilege and I had more cash in my bank all time in 2012 then cutoff limit. I had consistent income over 2015 cutoff for more than 10 years except 2012 due mat/parental leave but I still had jab that year. Govt can't make me feel like that I made crime by talking mat leave and can't sponsor my mother who have no family left other than me. I am ready to go court if they deny my application for taking mat leave, you are welcome to become party against me.

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
soonihope said:
...three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship application
Even in this case I am good. I had above cut off income in 2012, 2013 and 2014 which are immediately preceding to the date of filing in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ykhehra1 said:
I put explanation letter in it. Maternity leave is government privilege and I had more cash in my bank all time in 2012 then cutoff limit. I had consistent income over 2015 cutoff for more than 10 years except 2012 due mat/parental leave but I still had jab that year. Govt can't make me feel like that I made crime by talking mat leave and can't sponsor my mother who have no family left other than me. I am ready to go court if they deny my application for taking mat leave, you are welcome to become party against me.
Good luck in court

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
ykhehra1 said:
Even in this case I am good. I had above cut off income in 2012, 2013 and 2014 which are immediately preceding to the date of filing in 2015
When you applied did you provide the NOA for 2012, 2013 and 2014. If you did then no problem you will be fine.

I just thought that applicants in 2015 were asked to provide NOA for 2011,12 and 13 because 2014 NOA was not available in Jan 2015.