+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunchild said:
I want the acknowledgement of receipt letter so I can start checking my application status using the online application status tool. It is not nice of CIC to charge our credit cards and not giving us other types of confirmation. But I know I should be happy that my application seems to be one of the 5000 successful ones.
Trust me, all of our sponsorship status gonna stay at "received" status till end of this year. They have a backlog that need to clear up.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
OP_POP said:
Trust me, all of our sponsorship status gonna stay at "received" status till end of this year. They have a backlog that need to clear up.
Echo that.

I suggest everyone who has credit card charged just sit back and relax.
Our cases will not be in process until end of this year, or 2016.
If keep asking for file number or updates would only stress people out here.

Sam2015

Mar 18, 2015
Hello everyone,

Did anyone of you send the application package between January 5 and January 15, 2015 and neither their credit card was charged nor application returned or acknowledgment letter or email being sent to them?

I have sent the parents sponsorship application on January 7 which was received on January 13, 2015. Neither my credit card was charged nor I got the application back.

Did this happen to anyone else?
Thanks

741953 said:
Echo that.

I suggest everyone who has credit card charged just sit back and relax.
Our cases will not be in process until end of this year, or 2016.
If keep asking for file number or updates would only stress people out here.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Sam2015 said:
Hello everyone,

Did anyone of you send the application package between January 5 and January 15, 2015 and neither their credit card was charged nor application returned or acknowledgment letter or email being sent to them?

I have sent the parents sponsorship application on January 7 which was received on January 13, 2015. Neither my credit card was charged nor I got the application back.

Did this happen to anyone else?
Thanks
Just wait. I had 2 applications both delivered on Jan 5, but returned back to me on separate dates. They're slow.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
For newcomers to this thread,

We have a Google Spreadsheet that tracks 2015 PGP application processing timeline for forum users. You can view it in order to get an idea about the current status of most applications. If you want to enroll yourself into the database, please read the 'Instructions' sheet first and then fill out a row in 'New Entry' sheet of the spreadsheet. Once you put your info; I will add them into the main sheets called Stage1 and/or Stage2. In future, you will have to use same 'New Entry' sheet in order to update your application status.

Here is the link: http://goo.gl/S2SPwf

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
18-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
02-11-2013
I'm in the same situation.

My application was sent by Canada Post XpressPost to the PO Box. It was received on Jan 5 in the morning (according to the tracking number), but no signature (even though I requested for one), so I don't know what's going on there. I know someone used the same method but her tracking number shows a signature.

Now mine still credit card not charged, and still did not receive the application returned back to me.

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat...

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
513263337 said:
I'm in the same situation.

My application was sent by Canada Post XpressPost to the PO Box. It was received on Jan 5 in the morning (according to the tracking number), but no signature (even though I requested for one), so I don't know what's going on there. I know someone used the same method but her tracking number shows a signature.

Now mine still credit card not charged, and still did not receive the application returned back to me.

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat...
I was in the same boat and my packages returned 3 days ago.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question for you guys. Do you guys know if we have to continue 'living" in Canada till our sponsorship application is approved? I know we will have to maintain our LOA thing, but not sure about living in Canada.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
lenium said:
I have a question for you guys. Do you guys know if we have to continue 'living" in Canada till our sponsorship application is approved? I know we will have to maintain our LOA thing, but not sure about living in Canada.
Theoretically yes. But if you can get away with valid Canada address, valid proof of income, I guess there's no way to validate your physical presence.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody copy paste the part of the rule that says so? Just for clarification. Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
lenium said:
Yes, you must physically reside in Canada. It's not "theoretical", as if you don't, and you are caught, it's misrepresentation.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-57.html#docCont - S.130 (1)(b). It doesn't say "resided at the moment that the application form was submitted". It's ongoing...

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's exactly what I needed thanks.

My advice to everybody ... don't ever try to mess up with CIC!

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think this applies to parents cases too?

(2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor a foreign national who makes an application referred to in subsection (1) and is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children, if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the foreign national becomes a permanent resident.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
lenium said:
Do you think this applies to parents cases too?

(2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor a foreign national who makes an application referred to in subsection (1) and is the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children, if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the foreign national becomes a permanent resident.
No, it doesn't... Parents and grandparents are not in that list.