+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inLinE6 said:
I got both my packages returned today. Dated March 4.

Just in case I still plan to apply next year, what courier should I use? I'm not in GTA so I guess only the major providers are available, FEDEX, UPS or DHL, etc.
Sorry to hear that. For any important / time sensitive shipment, I only trust FedEx.

butlergerrard

Jan 15, 2015
Got our package back on Mar 10th, 2015. With a regret letter for being out of 5000 cap.
:(. will have to fetch a courier who can sleep overnight in front of CIC office next year in order to make it in 5000.
This whole process is ridiculous.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
inLinE6 said:
I got both my packages returned today. Dated March 4.

Just in case I still plan to apply next year, what courier should I use? I'm not in GTA so I guess only the major providers are available, FEDEX, UPS or DHL, etc.
i'm going to use Fedex but scare everybody is going, haha

so we have a new team in sponsoring 2016 :)

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
YULIA-2016 said:
i'm going to use Fedex but scare everybody is going, haha

so we have a new team in sponsoring 2016 :)
It's not a recipe to guarantee success. Of course Canada Post screwed me up by delaying 1 day. But some packages delivered by Canada Post on Jan 5 also reached within the cap. So it's just random. Next year won't be any easier. I can only imagine the cap filled on the first day. You may guarantee a first day delivery but can you guarantee what time? Even you make it in the early morning, can you guarantee someone opens it up early enough to make the cap? The whole process doesn't make much sense. They should develop another queue in parallel so if people's willing to pay more, they don't have to suffer this lottery. I personally don't mind to pay more to secure a spot.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
inLinE6 said:
It's not a recipe to guarantee success. Of course Canada Post screwed me up by delaying 1 day. But some packages delivered by Canada Post on Jan 5 also reached within the cap. So it's just random. Next year won't be any easier. I can only imagine the cap filled on the first day. You may guarantee a first day delivery but can you guarantee what time? Even you make it in the early morning, can you guarantee someone opens it up early enough to make the cap? The whole process doesn't make much sense. They should develop another queue in parallel so if people's willing to pay more, they don't have to suffer this lottery. I personally don't mind to pay more to secure a spot.
You can bet that everyone will be willing to pay more to secure a spot so the problem will remain the same.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
screech339 said:
You can bet that everyone will be willing to pay more to secure a spot so the problem will remain the same.
Depending on how much more. There will be some people willing to pay premium but certainly not everybody. Just like the social healthcare system. If people have to pay good premium to get healthcare, not everybody wanted to move to Canada. I'm not saying money should rule, but there gotta be a different system, for different people with different priorities.

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
inLinE6 said:
Depending on how much more. There will be some people willing to pay premium but certainly not everybody. Just like the social healthcare system. If people have to pay good premium to get healthcare, not everybody wanted to move to Canada. I'm not saying money should rule, but there gotta be a different system, for different people with different priorities.
Its sensitive matter with respect to money but they can help people with their transparent selection process and courier service has to be transparent and deliver the way it receive not in random.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
inLinE6 said:
Trust me. All the people will be paying the extra money to "secure" a spot no matter how much extra premium it is, especially for a chance to bring your parents/grandparents. One would say I would be willing pay the extra premium to even the playing field and not have someone with the money to get special treatment over me. The extra premium will always be justified when their parents/grandparents can get free healthcare in Canada. It is like an investment on their parents/grandparents' health care and cost.

michelsky

Feb 4, 2015
Hi, got my cc charged last Jan. 2015 but until now i'm still waiting for the acknowledgement receipt. Can anybody here tell me if they got it already?

Mich

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
michelsky said:
Hi, got my cc charged last Jan. 2015 but until now i'm still waiting for the acknowledgement receipt. Can anybody here tell me if they got it already?

Mich
Take a look at here:

http://goo.gl/S2SPwf

Only a few people got it so far.

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
butlergerrard said:
Got our package back on Mar 10th, 2015. With a regret letter for being out of 5000 cap.
:(. will have to fetch a courier who can sleep overnight in front of CIC office next year in order to make it in 5000.
This whole process is ridiculous.
Same thing here, I got it back today... It was received jan 7, Canadapost said it was delivered jan 6 :mad: i sent it dec 30 :-\ anyway it doesn't matter now !

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Lola2301 said:
Same thing here, I got it back today... It was received jan 7, Canadapost said it was delivered jan 6 :mad: i sent it dec 30 :-\ anyway it doesn't matter now !
You got screwed up big time. At least mine was delivered on Jan 5. But yes, it doesn't matter anyways.

sunchild

Mar 13, 2015
My credit card was charged in Jan. 2015 as well, but I am still waiting for the acknowledgement of receipt letter. I called CIC today, but it said that the line was too busy so they won't connect us to any live agent... :mad:

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunchild said:
My credit card was charged in Jan. 2015 as well, but I am still waiting for the acknowledgement of receipt letter. I called CIC today, but it said that the line was too busy so they won't connect us to any live agent... :mad:
Why do you care about acknowledgment? Your CC was charged, so it means you are within 5000 cap. Most likely CIC is not even going to start processing our sponsorship apps till mid next year.

sunchild

Mar 13, 2015
I want the acknowledgement of receipt letter so I can start checking my application status using the online application status tool. It is not nice of CIC to charge our credit cards and not giving us other types of confirmation. But I know I should be happy that my application seems to be one of the 5000 successful ones.