+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponsor_2015 said:
Next Year might be more hard to make. I feel so stupid to trust Canada Post. Next year I am planning to mail 3 copies same time by using Purolator, Fedex and UPS. let them bit each other. Whoever won I am in. Hurt so much. Want to kill myself:(
Trust me, next year 5000 apps will be done in few hours time only and they will either do the lottery system (if not planned by its senior management) or adopt to stamp apps with time and not just date (more realistic).

Just to give you an idea my app reached on Jan 02 before noon and i am 99.9% sure of delivery time, cause the courier delivery person was my friends friend (which i found out later only) and still my application was numbered 46xx. So you can imagine that either they received 4600+ apps before noon on Jan 02 or they picked Jan 02 apps at random from lots received (more likely considering the order CC charged).

So, plan as if CIC will have no plan next year as well.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
Sponsor_2015 said:
Next Year might be more hard to make. I feel so stupid to trust Canada Post. Next year I am planning to mail 3 copies same time by using Purolator, Fedex and UPS. let them bit each other. Whoever won I am in. Hurt so much. Want to kill myself:(
I am angry I trusted them myself. If Canada Post hadn't majorly messed up and lied, we would have made the cap. Super Visa isn't an option for us either.

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Californiacicle said:
I am angry I trusted them myself. If Canada Post hadn't majorly messed up and lied, we would have made the cap. Super Visa isn't an option for us either.
How do you know your application was numbered 46xx? Does that mean Jan. 5 applicants have very slim hope?

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Californiacicle said:
You are right Super Visa is not an option. If they are encouraging people to get Super Visa then should offer better insurance plan. Medical insurance is just for an emergency only.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
nikary said:
You are right Super Visa is not an option. If they are encouraging people to get Super Visa then should offer better insurance plan. Medical insurance is just for an emergency only.
It's not an option for us because they need to have a home to go back to. If my mom was to move here it needs to be for good as she rents and we are not putting her whole apartment into storage for two years. It's an all or nothing situation for us. :(

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Californiacicle said:
It's not an option for us because they need to have a home to go back to. If my mom was to move here it needs to be for good as she rents and we are not putting her whole apartment into storage for two years. It's an all or nothing situation for us. :(
The high cost for out of country patients is the main problem for the visiting parents. my hospital charges 1200$ for emergency and 5000$/day for hospitalizationm, ICU 10000+. I would like to pay more insurance if my parents could be treated as local residents. In addition, before the private insurance company pay the bill, you are not sure it is covered or not. it is really stressful, because, whether it is covered will determine if you are going to sell your home or not... just one step away from homeless....

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
wangshd said:
The high cost for out of country patients is the main problem for the visiting parents. my hospital charges 1200$ for emergency and 5000$/day for hospitalizationm, ICU 10000+. I would like to pay more insurance if my parents could be treated as local residents.
I totally agree with you. Willing to pay little bit more in insurance, if they could be treated as local residents. It will be give you peace of mind while they are visiting you.

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
wangshd said:
The high cost for out of country patients is the main problem for the visiting parents. my hospital charges 1200$ for emergency and 5000$/day for hospitalizationm, ICU 10000+. I would like to pay more insurance if my parents could be treated as local residents. In addition, before the private insurance company pay the bill, you are not sure it is covered or not. it is really stressful, because, whether it is covered will determine if you are going to sell your home or not... just one step away from homeless....
That is absolutely right and very sad that we cannot bring them over here.

wec080

Jan 29, 2015
It is so sad. I am not sure if I can make it in next year. What's gonna happen next year if they get 5000+ applications on the 1st day?! Now I am just waiting for them to return my package, which might take 1 or 2 months. :'(

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
I guess I missed the cap this year. Canada Post messed me up. There was no fault from my end (aside from trusting Canada Post) so it's bitter to swallow it. I've pushed my parents hard to get required documents done ahead of time, and now I have to explain to them why we still missed it.

I purchased the Express service envelope from Canada Post on Dec 29th, so I can seal and double/triple check my waybills at home. Just give myself some extra peace of mind. I returned the envelope on Dec 30th morning, and got affirmation from Canada Post employee it's guaranteed arriving on Jan 2. But only to find out I was thrown under the bus.

I guess I'll try one more time next year. If it's still crazy like this, I'll leave this country and bring my parents with me to somewhere else. :)

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Californiacicle said:
I am in the same boat...not sure how the supervisa is the answer to "waiting for immigration". My in-laws have a home and medical insurance in their country now, are they supposed to sell up, move here only to be told in 2 years that their immigration has not been approved then move back and start all over again? How does one maintain two homes in two different countries? Especially retired person!
Can the supervisa be renewed every two years indefinitely?

I am shocked at the thought that now that my cc has been charged (application received) it could still take another 4-5 years for sponsorship to be approved :eek:
and then another 3-4 years to be approved in their country :eek:
Why does this process take so long?
My kids are excited at the thought of having their grandparents live closer but they will be grown up and moved out by the time they come:(

FRUSTRATED

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
PGP2015 said:
I agree with the 3rd point. CIC should have a policy for what to with the rest of apps from Jan 5th. At least they should accept Jan 5th applications. Otherwise, lots of people are going to complain, and this year, there are going to be at least couples of hundreds. I hope some CIC guys will read this posting and give the feedback to CPC. The best solution will be accepting all Jan 5th (or maybe 6th, if 5th does not reach 5000) applications, and deduct the exceeding number from the next year's 5000. And next year, they will have a system to differentiate all applications' receiving time, because they will receive 99% applications on the first day.

Mine was received on 6th, almost no hope, but I just share what I am thinking and it may or may not be helpful to the friends on this forum.

for me, they should accept all apps they received till the cut off. once they received the app, they should consider it. the only reason they can reject it is if there's wrong with the documents. they can easily declined accepting it from the courier if they reached the cap already. why emotionally torturing the people who expects?

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Leolaz27 said:
I am in the same boat...not sure how the supervisa is the answer to "waiting for immigration". My in-laws have a home and medical insurance in their country now, are they supposed to sell up, move here only to be told in 2 years that their immigration has not been approved then move back and start all over again? How does one maintain two homes in two different countries? Especially retired person!
Can the supervisa be renewed every two years indefinitely?

I am shocked at the thought that now that my cc has been charged (application received) it could still take another 4-5 years for sponsorship to be approved :eek:
and then another 3-4 years to be approved in their country :eek:
Why does this process take so long?
My kids are excited at the thought of having their grandparents live closer but they will be grown up and moved out by the time they come:(

FRUSTRATED
Same situation. My kids are excited too, for them to come here and by the time they come, kids will be moved out. Hopefully, it's not too late by the time they immigration.

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
inLinE6 said:
I guess I missed the cap this year. Canada Post messed me up. There was no fault from my end (aside from trusting Canada Post) so it's bitter to swallow it. I've pushed my parents hard to get required documents done ahead of time, and now I have to explain to them why we still missed it.

I purchased the Express service envelope from Canada Post on Dec 29th, so I can seal and double/triple check my waybills at home. Just give myself some extra peace of mind. I returned the envelope on Dec 30th morning, and got affirmation from Canada Post employee it's guaranteed arriving on Jan 2. But only to find out I was thrown under the bus.

I guess I'll try one more time next year. If it's still crazy like this, I'll leave this country and bring my parents with me to somewhere else. :)

When did CIC receive your package? If you mailed out on Dec. 30th, it should arrive on Jan. 2nd. I was also screwed by Canada Post. I called several people they said that if I sent on Dec. 31st, the package would arrive on Jan. 2nd. Mine arrived Jan. 5th 11:24am.

Don't lose hope yet. What if they are still accepting applications? I am still hopeful until I receive the returned package.

Does it take 1 or 2 months for CIC to return the packages?