Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
Sponsor_2015 said:
Sad to know :'(, but could you please confirm where you get the info? hope it is not true. I called CIC just 2 minutes ago and they don't get any info. Sounds like it is true. they just say wait for the letter

Hi Folks,

Many things have been said here based on interpretation of people. It is true that could be possible the the CAP has been reached but there is not anything official yet. I think that the Ontario weather continues difficult, probably the agents available are working in other stuff with more priority so far. I would suggest you to wait... If there won't be more charges in this week ,when it finishes, I would say that is probably true the interpretation tha the CAP has been reached with the people currently charged.

keep the hope until something coming from a valid source appears!

Cheers,

Johanna

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
johanna19782002 said:
Hi Folks,

Many things have been said here based on interpretation of people. It is true that could be possible the the CAP has been reached but there is not anything official yet. I think that the Ontario weather continues difficult, probably the agents available are working in other stuff with more priority so far. I would suggest you to wait... If there won't be more charges in this week ,when it finishes, I would say that is probably true the interpretation tha the CAP has been reached with the people currently charged.

keep the hope until something coming from a valid source appears!

Cheers,

Johanna
Oh! I second that. I'm in public service and I know how the weather can impact Govt. work.

float

Jan 23, 2015
Sponsor_2015 said:
Sad to know :'(, but could you please confirm where you get the info? hope it is not true. I called CIC just 2 minutes ago and they don't get any info. Sounds like it is true. they just say wait for the letter
Interesting reply, what does the "letter" actually mean? The letter of rejection or confirmation? Should they be able to tell if they have received the application on Jan 5th?

One day no CC charge probably means nothing. If one week without CC charge that could mean they have reached 5000 CAP plus enough as backups to fill unqualified ones. Last year the majority CC charges stopped at Jan 31. If there is luck, this week is critical to see where CIC is going.

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
polaroffer said:
hate to say this, but unfortunately, 5000 has been processed completely.
come back next year folks
Polaroffer, so far, what you said are all proved to be right, i think i have to wait for the next year. I called CIC today and was told no return mean accept in the CAP. But I dont believe it is right.
Anyway, out of my control, come back next year folks.

Regards,

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wangshd said:
Polaroffer, so far, what you said are all proved to be right, i think i have to wait for the next year. I called CIC today and was told no return mean accept in the CAP. But I dont believe it is right.
Anyway, out of my control, come back next year folks.

Regards,
Maybe the snowstorm is causing some CPC staff not show up to work. I hope there will be more CC charges coming for Jan 5.

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
civic said:
Maybe the snowstorm is causing some CPC staff not show up to work. I hope there will be more CC charges coming for Jan 5.
Thanks Civic!!! Hopefully! but the weather now is pretty good!

Sponsor_2015

Jan 29, 2015
float said:
Interesting reply, what does the "letter" actually mean? The letter of rejection or confirmation? Should they be able to tell if they have received the application on Jan 5th?

One day no CC charge probably means nothing. If one week without CC charge that could mean they have reached 5000 CAP plus enough as backups to fill unqualified ones. Last year the majority CC charges stopped at Jan 31. If there is luck, this week is critical to see where CIC is going.
Weird thing is when I called CIC the girl ask me if my card got charged. Does it mean something 5000 cap reached but they just don't want to tell, Then she said just wait for the letter either accepted or rejected.

float

Jan 23, 2015
Sponsor_2015 said:
Weird thing is when I called CIC the girl ask me if my card got charged. Does it mean something 5000 cap reached but they just don't want to tell, Then she said just wait for the letter either accepted or rejected.
Honestly the way she says does not sound positive, because it does not cost her anything to say they are still processing all the applications. By reading the reply, it really sounds like they have done all the CC charge. She definitely can do better than this, but maybe she had a bad day.
There is no point to jump to conclusion at this moment. The weather was bad, and the forecasting is not promising either.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
That's still hope for all the Jan 5 apps. From a Chinese forum, one guy's app sent in by UPS @ 2:25 on Jan 5 got charged on Jan 30.

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
ya61x said:
That's still hope for all the Jan 5 apps. From a Chinese forum, one guy's app sent in by UPS @ 2:25 on Jan 5 got charged on Jan 30.
but it was charged on Jan 30. It will bring lots of hope if we see somebody is charged this week.....

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wangshd said:
but it was charged on Jan 30. It will bring lots of hope if we see somebody is charged this week.....
Considering the really bad weather here in Mississauga and knowing the Public Service offices had negligible attendance yesterday; i am not surprised to not see any CC charged from forum members list. Today its clear but its going bad again tomorrow, so hopes are still there for next couple of days at least.

Sponsor_2015

Jan 29, 2015
ak_indi said:
Considering the really bad weather here in Mississauga and knowing the Public Service offices had negligible attendance yesterday; i am not surprised to not see any CC charged from forum members list. Today its clear but its going bad again tomorrow, so hopes are still there for next couple of days at least.
Here is my 2 cents:
1. 5000 CAP already reached.
2. CIC gives call center a new policy no info release (That why when I called twice today and they told me they don't have access to the system anymore. Waiting for the letter)
3. CIC is working on a policy for what to with the rest of apps from Jan 5th. i.e. my app arrived before 11 am but many 11:01 Fedex got charged. I will file a complaint for sure if I was not in the cap. No matter it help or not, I will do it. Hope many people can do the same
4. Let's wait:)

rajparvez87

Feb 18, 2012
I am on Jan 7th Batch and still havent received the application back. I see a lot of people worried about their CC not being charged.

CIC website says

"The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will review new applications received on or after January 2, 2015 for completeness. Only complete applications will be processed. Incomplete applications will be returned to applicants and processing fees will not be taken."

My understanding on this is CPC-M opens the application and verifies it for completeness. If the app is found complete it then forwards it to payments department for payment processing. If its incomplete then its returned back to the applicant and not forwarded to payment processing.

I think CPC-M processes the applications as and when they receive them and mark them complete/incomplete till it reaches 5000. After that they updated the website saying it has reached the cap. Since they updated the website around Jan 15th-16th I think anyone who has applied before that should be fine. Note that CCs started to get charged after the cap was filled which probably means Payment processing department is now working on those 5000 complete applications and charging the CCs one by one.

CIC website outlines following reasons that may delay processing. Note that incomplete payment information does not cause application to delay, they may just ask for correct payment information as chances of applicant not being able to pay are very less.

Factors that may delay processing

"missing signature on application forms
unclear photocopies of documents
documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
verification of information and documents provided
a medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
a criminal or security problem
consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad"

Hope this helps, fingers crossed! :)

Parvez

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Sponsor_2015 said:
Here is my 2 cents:
1. 5000 CAP already reached.
2. CIC gives call center a new policy no info release (That why when I called twice today and they told me they don't have access to the system anymore. Waiting for the letter)
3. CIC is working on a policy for what to with the rest of apps from Jan 5th. i.e. my app arrived before 11 am but many 11:01 Fedex got charged. I will file a complaint for sure if I was not in the cap. No matter it help or not, I will do it. Hope many people can do the same
4. Let's wait:)
Yes, 5000 cap already reached for sure as per CIC announcement. Now the only thing matters is if those 5000 apps all get payments processed. In other words, let say, if you app is in the 5000 cap but waiting for payment to clear.

Sponsor_2015

Jan 29, 2015
ya61x said:
Yes, 5000 cap already reached for sure as per CIC announcement. Now the only thing matters is if those 5000 apps all get payments processed. In other words, let say, if you app is in the 5000 cap but waiting for payment to clear.
I actually mean in #1 is 5000 completed charged applications are already done by Jan 30.