+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajparvez87 said:
I think CPC-M processes the applications as and when they receive them and mark them complete/incomplete till it reaches 5000. After that they updated the website saying it has reached the cap. Since they updated the website around Jan 15th-16th I think anyone who has applied before that should be fine. Note that CCs started to get charged after the cap was filled which probably means Payment processing department is now working on those 5000 complete applications and charging the CCs one by one.
Lots of wrong information in your post. But to mention a couple:

There is no way someone is at the front door and get each application and open it right on the spot to see if it is complete or not. Do you know how much time it would take to receive even one application from the delivery guy that way? lol

Also, CC started way before the cap was reached, I think first CC charge was on Jan 8th (Mine was charged on Jan 9th)

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
OP_POP said:
Lots of wrong information in your post. But to mention a couple:

There is no way someone is at the front door and get each application and open it right on the spot to see if it is complete or not. Do you know how much time it would take to receive even one application from the delivery guy that way? lol

Also, CC started way before the cap was reached, I think first CC charge was on Jan 8th (Mine was charged on Jan 9th)
To eliminate later complains, I believe cic will have a way to handle the application received at almost the same time, if they are not able to differiate which one reach first, they then need to accept all or reject all, or clearly state a second selection stardard, such as income. Otherwise, there is going to be lots of argue or conplain about that! As the only officially email from cic said, they will follow the date received the application. If they cannot rank the app by time, that is their fault.

Teddy Chung

Feb 5, 2014
wangshd said:
To eliminate later complains, I believe cic will have a way to handle the application received at almost the same time, if they are not able to differiate which one reach first, they then need to accept all or reject all, or clearly state a second selection stardard, such as income. Otherwise, there is going to be lots of argue or conplain about that! As the only officially email from cic said, they will follow the date received the application. If they cannot rank the app by time, that is their fault.
At least, CIC should publish an office announcement showing actual cut-off date/time so people understand. Last year, Actual CAP was reached on Jan 21st (sometime) but only announcement was published on Feb 3rd.
I heard a rumor about CIC mail room. Hopefully, it's not true.
As long as CIC shows the actual cut-off date/time, I had no reason to doubt.

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
don't post something that is just out of your mind and just what you think. Unless you work inside CIC. You're not a big help at all!!! Ofcourse there are 5000+applications and not all of them are in this forum. Common sense??

PGP2015

Feb 3, 2015
Sponsor_2015 said:
Here is my 2 cents:
1. 5000 CAP already reached.
2. CIC gives call center a new policy no info release (That why when I called twice today and they told me they don't have access to the system anymore. Waiting for the letter)
3. CIC is working on a policy for what to with the rest of apps from Jan 5th. i.e. my app arrived before 11 am but many 11:01 Fedex got charged. I will file a complaint for sure if I was not in the cap. No matter it help or not, I will do it. Hope many people can do the same
4. Let's wait:)
I agree with the 3rd point. CIC should have a policy for what to with the rest of apps from Jan 5th. At least they should accept Jan 5th applications. Otherwise, lots of people are going to complain, and this year, there are going to be at least couples of hundreds. I hope some CIC guys will read this posting and give the feedback to CPC. The best solution will be accepting all Jan 5th (or maybe 6th, if 5th does not reach 5000) applications, and deduct the exceeding number from the next year's 5000. And next year, they will have a system to differentiate all applications' receiving time, because they will receive 99% applications on the first day.

Mine was received on 6th, almost no hope, but I just share what I am thinking and it may or may not be helpful to the friends on this forum.

dbase1981

May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014 1:57 PM DD encashed June 25, 2014
AOR Received.
PER August 7, 2014
Med's Request
August 27, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 7, 2014
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015
Don't lose hope... At first, there are some posters here who said that January 2 applicants only made it but look at it now! Very easy to assume...

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Sponsor_2015 said:
So quite here. Feel desperated
Me too, i am the last one in Fedex batch that has not been charged. I double checked the payment form, it is right.... I don't know what happens...maybe it is really the 5001.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wangshd said:
Me too, i am the last one in Fedex batch that has not been charged. I double checked the payment form, it is right.... I don't know what happens...maybe it is really the 5001.
I am the 5000th then. This is a race that even if you manage to win you don't feel good.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
wangshd said:
I'm definitely after 5001. My package was with the 11:23 Canada Post delivery and none from that pile has been cashed out.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
I'm part of Purolator Jan 5 - 8.48 AM batch. It seems like the majority of people from this batch got their cc charged.
I went to the bank yesterday to find out if my certified check has been cashed. TD bank said they'll get back to me on Friday. This is pure torture!

Sponsor_2015

Jan 29, 2015
Next Year might be more hard to make. I feel so stupid to trust Canada Post. Next year I am planning to mail 3 copies same time by using Purolator, Fedex and UPS. let them bit each other. Whoever won I am in. Hurt so much. Want to kill myself:(

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponsor_2015 said:
Next Year might be more hard to make. I feel so stupid to trust Canada Post. Next year I am planning to mail 3 copies same time by using Purolator, Fedex and UPS. let them bit each other. Whoever won I am in. Hurt so much. Want to kill myself:(
Maybe you can bring your parents here on Super Visa. At least with them here the wait will be easier to tolerate. :-[ Its Feb so technically another 10 months. I almost lost my mind the day they announced cap cutoff because my first application was received Jan 2 but I recalled it, then the second one arrived Jan 5 at 11:01 Fedex.