+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feifei said:
but let say CIC got 5000 application on Jan 05th why they wait until 16th to post the notice that they recevied 5000?

They should post note earlier that 16th
Because the applications had to be opened and verified for completeness. I also think CIC waited a bit to get some buffer applications in case many CC charges get rejected.

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
civic said:
No time stamp needed because the mails are accurately received and processed as they were physically sorted in each received packages. It is luck-based depending on the physical order of your application in each courier's package. So your app can arrive in the same batch at the same time but if they reach to the cutoff point then that's it. Thats how I understand.
So it would have been smarter to have your application received late in the day.
Then your application would be at the top of the pile when CIC started sorting. ;D

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
johanna19782002 said:
feifei said:
HI anyone that have the package recevied on Jan.05th.

I have some good news for you. I just called the call centre. The girl helped me searched my package, but still the same thing , nothing has been keyed in yet.However she said , they still working on the applications. sounds like the Jan.05th applications are in the 5000.

She said if I don't hear from them in middle of Feb. 2015 then email the CIC office , she also provide the email address everything to me.
[/quot

Thanks Feifei!

Great news... let's wait :)
Hi,
could you please provide us the email address.

Thanks.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
feifei said:
but let say CIC got 5000 application on Jan 05th why they wait until 16th to post the notice that they recevied 5000?

They should post note earlier that 16th
Because they have to physically open each application, and do a complete review to make sure it can actually be accepted into the 5000 cap. They can't announce they received 5000 apps until they get 5000 acceptable apps, NOT just the first 5000 apps to arrive. If there are forms or signatures or something missing, they can just reject the app from cap and return back to applicant. SO in effect it may have taken 6000 apps to get the 5000 acceptable ones.

So even if 5000 apps were received by Jan 5, it probably took a couple weeks to actually review all the application to find 5000 acceptable ones. Who know how many people they had working on this, and how many minutes it takes to review each application.

yeasin52

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Looks like we are the Jan 5th Canada post batch are out of luck this year :(

Teddy Chung

Feb 5, 2014
yeasin52 said:
Looks like we are the Jan 5th Canada post batch are out of luck this year :(
I just tried to call CIC but it was not transferred to a representative due to high volume...

I just would like to check whether CC charges are all completed or not....

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Teddy Chung said:
I just tried to call CIC but it was not transferred to a representative due to high volume...

Thank you for checking that Teddy Chung.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Teddy Chung said:

hate to say this, but unfortunately, 5000 has been processed completely.
come back next year folks

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
polaroffer said:
Can you cite your source?

Not that I think I have a chance, lol.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Some Jan 5 applications are out of luck? Sure. But what bothered me was not all complete Jan 2 applications are processed yet. Nor do we hear about the returns. To say the "CC charge" is done is mind-boggling.

Sponsor_2015

Jan 29, 2015
polaroffer said:
Sad to know :'(, but could you please confirm where you get the info? hope it is not true. I called CIC just 2 minutes ago and they don't get any info. Sounds like it is true. they just say wait for the letter

kwaheed

Aug 30, 2012
What is UCI# btw ?
Also if any one could let me know how to change address with CIC as i dont have any identification of my case. I need to change my residential address but since there has been no communication from CIC regarding my application i dont know how to