Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
ya61x said:
What happened to Jan 5 Canada Post batch. I have a friend in that batch, no cc charge yet.

We are waiting for. Apparently, there is a storm in Ontario and few people are working. We suppose not too many news we will have today.

Cheers,

Johanna

CatherineL

Aug 27, 2014
feifei said:
HI anyone that have the package recevied on Jan.05th.

I have some good news for you. I just called the call centre. The girl helped me searched my package, but still the same thing , nothing has been keyed in yet.However she said , they still working on the applications. sounds like the Jan.05th applications are in the 5000.

She said if I don't hear from them in middle of Feb. 2015 then email the CIC office , she also provide the email address everything to me.
Does that mean all the people whose CC got charged are supposed to receive the acknowledgement email in the middle of Feb? Or did anybody receive that email already?

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
From my understanding, CIC stamps the package by received "DATE", not "TIME", which means they shouldn't cut off in the middle of the day. If they started processing Jan 5 applications, all eligible applications received on Jan 5 should make the deal. I'm not too worried about CC charges on which date. And that also explained why some batches were processed earlier than others - because it doesn't matter.

Pay attention when any Jan 6 applicant reports good news. That means all Jan 6 applications get on the train.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
inLinE6 said:
From my understanding, CIC stamps the package by received "DATE", not "TIME", which means they shouldn't cut off in the middle of the day. If they started processing Jan 5 applications, all eligible applications received on Jan 5 should make the deal. I'm not too worried about CC charges on which date. And that also explained why some batches were processed earlier than others - because it doesn't matter.

Pay attention when any Jan 6 applicant reports good news. That means all Jan 6 applications get on the train.
That may not be the case. Lets say for example 3500 applications arrive on 2nd Jan and 3000 arrive on 5 Jan.
By your assumption you would have all 6500 accepted when cap is for only 5000. I think all complete application on 2nd Jan will make cap but I think its anybody's guess how the next 1500 would be selected from 5 Jan.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
soonihope said:
That may not be the case. Lets say for example 3500 applications arrive on 2nd Jan and 3000 arrive on 5 Jan.
By your assumption you would have all 6500 accepted when cap is for only 5000. I think all complete application on 2nd Jan will make cap but I think its anybody's guess how the next 1500 would be selected from 5 Jan.
It won't be an accurate number of 5000. We've discussed on this about 100 pages ago. Say you only get 10 count left, but the next batch you receive 20 complete applications. Do you randomly select 10 out of 20? 5000 is a target but doesn't mean to be a hard limit. They won't tell you how many applications were truly processed in last year. A few members here can verify that CIC does not have detailed time stamp in their system. Only a date.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inLinE6 said:
It won't be an accurate number of 5000. We've discussed on this about 100 pages ago. Say you only get 10 count left, but the next batch you receive 20 complete applications. Do you randomly select 10 out of 20? 5000 is a target but doesn't mean to be a hard limit. They won't tell you how many applications were truly processed in last year. A few members here can verify that CIC does not have detailed time stamp in their system. Only a date.
As far as I know, the 5000 is hard limit. They don't give you random / estimate number at CIC.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
OP_POP said:
As far as I know, the 5000 is hard limit. They don't give you random / estimate number at CIC.
How would CIC select 10 out of 20 in my previous example? And as people verified, there's no time but only date stamp for each application. How would they select applications within the same day? If it's lottery as someone suggested, the procedure has to be explained in details on their website.

Teddy Chung

Feb 5, 2014
soonihope said:
I hope they will accept all Jan 5 applications but it didn't happen last year.
Mine was received on cut-off day (I don't remember whether it was Jan 20 or 21st) around 2 PM. Many of them received in the morning were accepted but mine was returned.

This year mine was received on Jan 5th but CC has not been charged.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
It will be a firm limit. As per CPC-M email, the cap is cut the moment the 5000th complete application is processed with correct payment.

feifei

Nov 16, 2010
but let say CIC got 5000 application on Jan 05th why they wait until 16th to post the notice that they recevied 5000?

They should post note earlier that 16th

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inLinE6 said:
How would CIC select 10 out of 20 in my previous example? And as people verified, there's no time but only date stamp for each application. How would they select applications within the same day? If it's lottery as someone suggested, the procedure has to be explained in details on their website.
No time stamp needed because the mails are accurately received and processed as they were physically sorted in each received packages. It is luck-based depending on the physical order of your application in each courier's package. So your app can arrive in the same batch at the same time but if they reach to the cutoff point then that's it. Thats how I understand.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feifei said:
but let say CIC got 5000 application on Jan 05th why they wait until 16th to post the notice that they recevied 5000?

They should post note earlier that 16th
At this moment nobody can say when CIC received the 5000th complete application. We can certainly hope that all apps received prior to Jan 16 have an equal chance. :(

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
civic said:
No time stamp needed because the mails are accurately received and processed as they were physically sorted in each received packages. It is luck-based depending on the physical order of your application in each courier's package. So your app can arrive in the same batch at the same time but if they reach to the cutoff point then that's it. Thats how I understand.
It seems, I am the 5001 in the Fedex 11:01 batch.