+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

feifei

Nov 16, 2010
I used canada post send the package on Jan02, and the package was " out for delivering " on Jan05th .
Below is my tracking on my package, the signatory received on Jan 05th .

2015/01/05 PM MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered
PM Signature image recorded for Online viewing 20 Rizwan Mahmood

pjying

Jan 19, 2015
Hi ss85,

My cc was charged Jan 16. I got the statement yesterday and found $1100 was charged by CIC on Jan 16 already.
As I am not the principal holder of the card, the representative refused to tell me anything about my card info. That's why I only waited until I got statement to see the charge.

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
feifei said:
I used canada post send the package on Jan02, and the package was " out for delivering " on Jan05th .
Below is my tracking on my package, the signatory received on Jan 05th .

2015/01/05 PM MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered
PM Signature image recorded for Online viewing 20 Rizwan Mahmood
Where did you send your mail to? The PO Box or the Speck address?

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes! My cc got charged several mins ago!!! Hope everyone sent in got their cc charged soon!!!

I'm one of the UPS Jan 2 10:47am group! Don't lose hope folks!

feifei

Nov 16, 2010
I send to the PO box. after that , I realized that there won't be a person available to sign at PO box, then I called canada post to cancel the requriement of sign, they told me that they can't cancel at that piont and likely they will delivery the package without a signature on Jan.05th.
On Jan 09th I got a email from canada post notified that my package delivered on Jan 05th with signture.

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
feifei said:
I send to the PO box. after that , I realized that there won't be a person available to sign at PO box, then I called canada post to cancel the requriement of sign, they told me that they can't cancel at that piont and likely they will delivery the package without a signature on Jan.05th.
On Jan 09th I got a email from canada post notified that my package delivered on Jan 05th with signture.
That explains why you got the signature confirmation. The procedure at the Speck address is different: they maintain a receipt delivery system for signature mail delivered by Post Canada.
(more info here collectionscanada.gc.ca/government/002/007002-3019-e.html -copy & paste in your browser)

Feb 18, 2014
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] is missing

Unfortunately my application came back - [IMM 0008DEP] is missing.

"This form must be completed by:

You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependents not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)."

I am sponsoring just my mother. No additional dependents. We are 3 people in Canada : myself, my husband and my 12 years old son.

I wrote on the document check list that its not applicable. That's why my application came back.

Please help me what should i do for next time and where is my mistake.

Thank you

Feb 18, 2014

You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependents not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)."

I am sponsoring just my mother. No additional dependents. We are 3 people in Canada : myself, my husband and my 12 years old son.

I wrote on the document check list that its not applicable. That's why my application came back.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
taniak.artdesign said:

Thank you
You have to include that form even if it's not applicable and the form must be signed. Unfortunately your application was incomplete and that's why it was returned. You'll have to wait until next year to apply.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
taniak.artdesign said:

Thank you

This is not a mistake. This form has to be completed ONLY if a sponsored person has more than 5 dependents. It's mentioned in the guide. When was your application received by cic?

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
scylla said:
You have to include that form even if it's not applicable and the form must be signed. Unfortunately your application was incomplete and that's why it was returned. You'll have to wait until next year to apply.
So you mean we need to send empty forms with signatures?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AndreyU said:
So you mean we need to send empty forms with signatures?
I may have read your post too quickly. Did you include an IMM 0008?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
scylla said:
To me it doesn't make sense. I bet a lot of the applicants did not include IMM 0008DEP form in with their application either and probably are added to the cap. I don't see any reason for CIC to reject it based on incomplete application based on missing IMM 0008DEP form.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
scylla said:
I may have read your post too quickly. Did you include an IMM 0008?
It was not mine... What is the point in sending empty forms with signatures? The guide clearly states: IF APPLICABLE...

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
taniak.artdesign said:

Thank you
Sorry to hear it :( I think it's CIC's mistake. Sounds like you did everything right.

My speculation: how clearly did you write "n/a" on the checklist? Is it possible they mistook it for a "check"?

If I were you I would call CIC immediately to explain the situation and mail them back the application with a cover letter. If your app originally made it into 5000, they should include it in the cap if you resend it. It was their mistake after all.