+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
ak_indi said:
No, i am not sure if anyone of this batch got charged....still waiting and hoping to get a seat on the boat. However, i see some Jan 05 person charged as per spreadsheet and other floating information.

By the way, are u not on the spreadsheet...or under a different name?
No I am not on the spread sheet yet.

johanna19782002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
ak_indi said:
If that is true, then all COMPLETE apps of Jan 02 should be considered...if not...its a conspiracy. ???
Different agents are probably working in different piles of the 5000 apps, so probably the charging process won't be necessary linnear.

Everyone needs to be clear that whatever we can interpret is just speculation at this point. Please, keep calm and I am sure in the coming days we are gonna see more credit cards charged and probably we will start receiving news from CIC.

Cheers,

Johanna

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
irobot79 said:
As per CIC website, the reason for introducing the 5000 cap is to reduce the backlog , which already has been greatly reduced.

To be directional, people that had applied in 2011, already landed in Canada by 2014-2015 (this was after the 8 year wait time posting period as per their CIC processing time)

I'm hoping that they stick to the 3 -3.5 year time line to land (that is currently going on.)
By end of 2013, the backlog is 80,000.
PGP admission is 45,000 in 2014.
By end of 2014, the backlog is reduced to 35,000.
If admission is also 45,000 in 2015, it means CIC will start sponsorship assessment for 2014&2015 applicants around 2016 winter.
So for those who may miss the cap this year, don't be upset.
If you submit in 2016, the sponsorship assessment will start in early 2017.
So there is not much difference in waiting time.
Does it make sense?

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johanna19782002 said:
Different agents are probably working in different piles of the 5000 apps, so probably the charging process won't be necessary linnear.

Everyone needs to be clear that whatever we can interpret is just speculation at this point. Please, keep calm and I am sure in the coming days we are gonna see more credit cards charged and probably we will start receiving news from CIC.

Cheers,

Johanna
I understand that everything would be a speculation at this stage but just consider this....(Jan 05 9:00 am MO charged Jan 13) vs (Jan 02 8:45 CC charged on Jan 21 or even not charged) and many many such wide gaps in processing.

Even if they do process it all at the end of the day...the handling of applications clearly shows POOR delegation and distribution of work...and explains the reason behind years and years of waiting for immigrants and families.

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Thinking when they will return my application if they received it January 15. They closed the acceptance of application January 16. :D Not waiting for the CC charge just waiting for my application to come back :)

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
If your visiting parent needs regular healthcare in Canada, they should pay out-of-pocket. Anything else, including your suggestion of a "pay-in" plan, means that the rest of us in Canada will be supplementing health care for visitors. That isn't going to happen. One of the reasons the PGP program was completely overhauled was because they found that it was causing a strain to Canada's healthcare and social systems.
Have you experienced paying out of pocket for medical costs? It can be a major expense if you don't want your parent to face health issues alone in their home country. The current insurance for Super Visa parents is pretty much useless - you pay high rates for emergency care that you will probably not need. Why can we not get insurance for regular healthcare? How would that be a drain on tax payers? Also, just because we are only now applying to sponsor our parents does not mean we have not been here for a long time - we have been paying taxes for many years, but do not have the same benefit as other citizens when it comes to our parents.

Teddy Chung

Feb 5, 2014
rhonaleen17 said:
Thinking when they will return my application if they received it January 15. They closed the acceptance of application January 16. :D Not waiting for the CC charge just waiting for my application to come back :)
Just for your info, mine was received on Jan 21, 2014 and returned sometime in April 2014.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
polaroffer said:
If admission is also 45,000 in 2015, it means CIC will start sponsorship assessment for 2014&2015 applicants around 2016 winter.
Does it make sense?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-29a.asp

PGP admission levels at 25,000 in 2013 and approximately 20,000 per year in 2014 and 2015.

By 2015 they expect backlog of 40K still, so at 20K per year backlog should be cleared sometime in 2017, at which point they should begin working on the PGP apps received in 2014 under new rules. There is no telling how quick or slow new apps will be done, but it should be quicker than they were doing before.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
everhopeful said:
Have you experienced paying out of pocket for medical costs? It can be a major expense if you don't want your parent to face health issues alone in their home country. The current insurance for Super Visa parents is pretty much useless - you pay high rates for emergency care that you will probably not need. Why can we not get insurance for regular healthcare? How would that be a drain on tax payers? Also, just because we are only now applying to sponsor our parents does not mean we have not been here for a long time - we have been paying taxes for many years, but do not have the same benefit as other citizens when it comes to our parents.
How would that be a strain on tax payers? The healthcare is paid by tax payers, and the domestic majorities do not want to cover those visitors, or immigrant parents, who do not contribute tax directly into the system. You can argue that you have been paying taxes for many years, and other people can argue that they pay more taxes due to higher income but they don't receive a better healthcare. There're a lot of arguments that can be made here. But bottom line, tax money is not unlimited resources, and the government has to represent the majorities. I'm sponsoring my own parents so I certainly want healthcare for them, but for what it's worth, I understand there has to be a balance.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
everhopeful said:
in this case, the difference is that older folks who have ben here have paid for themselves already. Our parent have not paid into Canadian taxes through their lifetime. You are paying taxes which rightly cover you, even if you have t pay premiums (depending on the province you live in); medical expenses are subsidized.

Lara_K79

Sep 19, 2013
I will sign a petition if you write one. Its not worth to write to MP, they don't do anything, at least the one in my area.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
everhopeful said:
It can be a major expense if you don't want your parent to face health issues alone in their home country.

Why can we not get insurance for regular healthcare? How would that be a drain on tax payers?

Also, just because we are only now applying to sponsor our parents does not mean we have not been here for a long time - we have been paying taxes for many years, but do not have the same benefit as other citizens when it comes to our parents.
Yes, it can be a major expense, one that should not be paid by those of us in Canada.

There is no insurance for regular healthcare because of how Canada's system is set up.

You haven't paid nearly enough taxes to cover your parents' expenses. Most sponsored parents do not pay into the tax system but access all benefits; I believe the last overall cost estimate I saw was somewhere around $350 000 per elderly immigrant. As I said previously, this is one of the reasons that the PGP program was overhauled.

As for your statement that you "do not have the same benefit as other citizens when it comes to our parents", who are you comparing to? Are you saying that your foreign parents should have the same benefits in Canada as my Canadian parents? Your statement doesn't make sense.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
Finally.My CC was charged today at 2:00pm.I am sure,because I've been checking my balance every 30 min :D :D :D
Happy,happy,happy.Rossei,you can update my info when you have a chance.I am on line#88
Just to say that I was the one who also called 2 days ago(before they stop giving information)and was told that my package was received on 2Jan(that was the note)-no time and no number and the agent told me that my application was NOT processed and I was almost 100% sure that I will miss this year as well.
I am praying for all of you guys now.It's though,I know....

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polaroffer said:
Does it make sense?
Please STOP reporting wrong information.