+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Hi everyone! I am so frustrated with my current situation. I need your advice!

I submitted Dec. 31 through Canada Post. It arrived on Jan. 5th. I was hoping my credit card could be charged soon. Today, my bank told me that my credit card has been compromised because there were many unauthorized charges. They have to block my card. That means CIC will not be able to process the payment with the credit card information I gave.

I called my bank 3 times, CIC twice today....there is nothing they could do. I emailed CPC in Mississauga with information of another credit card but the CIC agent did not think they will view or respond my email. I read on the guideline that if the payment cannot go through, CIC will return my application automatically. I am so upset now. Spent so much time preparing for the application...I am so disappointed.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
randebutler said:
I filled out all the information I had, gave her a list of what I needed from her. 2 months later (and several reminders) she still had not given me the info to update. So I gave her the documents and asked her to fill them out and give them back to me. Several months later (and even more reminders) she still hadn't done it. I suggested to my husband and her that they go see a lawyer. Again, neither of them bothered to set up an appt with a lawyer or complete the application. A month before Christmas I sent them both an email explaining that they needed to get on this and that I was done trying to chase them down for information. 2 weeks before Christmas they finally got the app done and realized they needed to see a lawyer for help. At the lawyer appointment they found out they needed originals of some documents and had to order those, which delayed her getting her app in.

I am not a babysitter or a mother to my mother in law or my husband, so please do not try to make this my fault that they did not get their crap together in time. I am just looking for information on probability of acceptance for the application so I can let them know. Thanks.
That's ok, Randebutler. Last year I was late by two days because of delayed documents. ( I blamed myself for weeks)
You can try next year even you don't get it this year.

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
ak_indi said:
Completly agree. Did u got any note # from call centre ? What last information you have on what note # cc has been charged ?
Hi ak_indi,

I think Fedex 11:33 batch had issues. I don't see any cc changes for this batch. Do you know anyone from this batch whose cc changed? Because if 3 pm UPS delivery gets their cc changed that means something wrong right? Do you know any jan 5 person get their cc changed?

zahra01

May 6, 2010
Hi All....

Just thought I would share the timeline for my PGP sponsorship application:

Sent: Dec. 31
Service: Purolator
Date CIC Received: Jan. 02 at 8:45am
CC Charged: Jan. 21

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
JL2015 said:

I submitted Dec. 31 through Canada Post. It arrived on Jan. 5th. I was hoping my credit card could be charged soon. Today, my bank told me that my credit card has been compromised because there were many unauthorized charges. They have to block my card. That means CIC will not be able to process the payment with the credit card information I gave.

I called my bank 3 times, CIC twice today....there is nothing they could do. I emailed CPC in Mississauga with information of another credit card but the CIC agent did not think they will view or respond my email. I read on the guideline that if the payment cannot go through, CIC will return my application automatically. I am so upset now. Spent so much time preparing for the application...I am so disappointed.
oh my God!!! I am so sorry to hear that! That was one of my biggest fears. That's why I sent Certified Cheque. So So so sorry to hear that

irobot79

Jan 5, 2015
As per CIC website, the reason for introducing the 5000 cap is to reduce the backlog , which already has been greatly reduced.

To be directional, people that had applied in 2011, already landed in Canada by 2014-2015 (this was after the 8 year wait time posting period as per their CIC processing time)

I'm hoping that they stick to the 3 -3.5 year time line to land (that is currently going on.)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
AnastasiaU said:
I believe they need to work together with OHIP (and other services) to come up with a plan (that we could pay into) in order to have our parents be with us in Canada properly under a system of care that is workable and realistic for elderly parents. Let's use our collective frustrations to try and make our voices heard!
If your visiting parent needs regular healthcare in Canada, they should pay out-of-pocket. Anything else, including your suggestion of a "pay-in" plan, means that the rest of us in Canada will be supplementing health care for visitors. That isn't going to happen. One of the reasons the PGP program was completely overhauled was because they found that it was causing a strain to Canada's healthcare and social systems.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
JL2015 said:

Check with your bank to see if any unauthorized tx were from CIC. If yes, what was the rejection reason?
Ask the bank to reactivate your credit card without issuing a new one.

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
AndreyU said:
They said application is received and no more notes and case number. My application was from 2 jan 8:45 purolator batch.
Hi AndreyU, look at the post for user name: zahra01
Her cc was just charged today! and her batch is the same (Purolator 8:45am Jan 2nd)
I have so much hope that yours will be charged soon.

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
zahra01 said:
Hi All....

Just thought I would share the timeline for my PGP sponsorship application:

Sent: Dec. 31
Service: Purolator
Date CIC Received: Jan. 02 at 8:45am
CC Charged: Jan. 21
Congratulations!

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
JL2015 said:

Don't deal with CIC. Talk to your bank! Understand what transactions were considered "compromised", and see if you made those transactions. If they were authorized transactions, then ask your bank to remove restrictions on your card. The worst scenario is your card was indeed compromised. There are two options I can think of: 1. if the current unauthorized amount is negligible, swallow those, and remove the bank restrictions on your card for now. Keep monitoring it. 2. if the current unauthorized amount is too much, then there's not much you can do. You have to decline those charges, which means the bank has to block the card and replace with new one. I'd fax a new payment form to CIC immediately for that 0.01% chance.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
nonos said:
Hi AndreyU, look at the post for user name: zahra01
Her cc was just charged today! and her batch is the same (Purolator 8:45am Jan 2nd)
I have so much hope that yours will be charged soon.
Thanks for your support! Appreciate.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ss85 said:
Hi ak_indi,

I think Fedex 11:33 batch had issues. I don't see any cc changes for this batch. Do you know anyone from this batch whose cc changed? Because if 3 pm UPS delivery gets their cc changed that means something wrong right? Do you know any jan 5 person get their cc changed?
No, i am not sure if anyone of this batch got charged....still waiting and hoping to get a seat on the boat. However, i see some Jan 05 person charged as per spreadsheet and other floating information.

By the way, are u not on the spreadsheet...or under a different name?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak_indi said:
No, i am not sure if anyone of this batch got charged....still waiting and hoping to get a seat on the boat. However, i see some Jan 05 person cc charged as per spreadsheet and other floating information.
I only see one Jan 5 got money order cashed out on Jan 13.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
I only see one Jan 5 got money order cashed out on Jan 13.
If that is true, then all COMPLETE apps of Jan 02 should be considered...if not...its a conspiracy. ???