+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
nonos said:
I understand but if they confirmed that they recieved it then your application is "opened" and your records on their system ...

I belive whatever is opened is in the cap if its complete. I think you need to check with them again if its complete or missing anything... that all you need to know.
I asked if it's considered complete - the agent said there is no more information and I have to wait. As far as I remember, the definition of "complete" is that all docs are there and the payment is correct. To check if it's correct they need at least try to charge cc. There might also be multiple stages of reviewing applications before placing them in 5,000

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Century said:
I am trying to think it in a positive way. Last year after a long long time, if it took 16 days to get it fill up, this year it may take at least 4-5 days. Good thing is that 5000 have already been selected. So global applicants also have been reduced by 5000 ;D ;D.

Let's wait.
I still beleive that it is 5000 complete applications but not necessarily correct applications.
They were bar code scanned as complete.
There will be further checks done.
I would really like to know how many previous applications were accepted but then later denied.??

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
AndreyU said:
I asked if it's considered complete - the agent said there is no more information and I have to wait. As far as I remember, the definition of "complete" is that all docs are there and the payment is correct. To check if it's correct they need at least try to charge cc. There might also be multiple stages of reviewing applications before placing them in 5,000
think you might have luck if you called them again. different agents respond differently

CatherineL

Aug 27, 2014
My CC got charged this morning. I called cic yesterday and they said my application was completed. Just for reference, mine was delivered to cic by UPS on Jan 2 at 12:35pm. I hope more and more people will see their CC got charged soon.

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
AndreyU said:
You should know something soon, today or tomorrow. Keep calling them whenever you have time and I am sure you will have a new info. I am praying for you and all the people on this forum who are supportive and very positive!

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
CatherineL said:
My CC got charged this morning. I called cic yesterday and they said my application was completed. Just for reference, mine was delivered to cic by UPS on Jan 2 at 12:35pm. I hope more and more people will see their CC got charged soon.
Congrats Catherine! Great news.

I wonder what's going on with the UPS 10:47 batch. Anyone in this batch had any news or called CIC??

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
CatherineL said:
Congrats~~~CatherineL
Did you get your application number (ex. 19xx, 27xx etc) from CIC?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
xenon said:
I am poorer by $1,100 but a happy man :) ....woot woot !
Poorer = Happier. Congrats!

CatherineL

Aug 27, 2014
xenon said:
Congrats Xenon too!

I called yesterday around 12. I didn't know that I could get the ranking so I didn't ask that question. But I did ask her if I made the 5000 cap, she said yes and she said mine application was processed on Jan12 and everything looks fine.
It seems that they are not giving out that info anymore though. Maybe too many people was trying to find out about that.

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
xenon said:
Congratulations Mr. Happy !!! I am so happy for you!!!

I hope AndreyU and Rossei and everyone get charged sooon so we can celebrate all :)

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Poorer = Happier. Congrats!
Thanks Rossie, rooting for you that you get your CC charged in the next few days! Stay positive.

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Hi All,

I'm sponsoring my father and my application was received on 5th Jan 2015, but there is no signature or time on the Canada Post's certificate of delivery. So I have no clue whether it was really delivered or not. I just wanted to register on this forum and update my status as well.

Good luck to all those who are awaiting and Congratulations to all those who's CC got charged.

Thanks and regards,

Siva Balan.R

SantoshSharma

Dec 22, 2014
Even if you are accepted in the first 5000 n 2015 it will take minimum of 4-5 years before your mother will get her papers, so super visa is the only way you can get here and be together.

Century said:
Hi All:
I am planning land Canada this year. My sister living in Ontario sponsored my mother. The file reached on 5th January.
Now from the update of CIC/this forum, it seems to be a distant dream to be within the cap. Being the only son of my mother, if I leave my country, my mother will be alone. So to be within the cap is very important though my mother already got super visa.
Now the question is when did the cap filled? To me it will take at least 3-4 days to complete. Even on 2nd January, if CIC received 1000 applications, it will take time to review all and then to charge. How many applications can be processed in one day? May be 50 or may be 100 at max. So there is long time to go.
I am trying to be optimist and positive ;D ;D ;D . No news is good news. Please pray for each other.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sivabalan said:
Hi All,

I'm sponsoring my father and my application was received on 5th Jan 2015, but there is no signature or time on the Canada Post's certificate of delivery. So I have no clue whether it was really delivered or not. I just wanted to register on this forum and update my status as well.

Good luck to all those who are awaiting and Congratulations to all those who's CC got charged.

Thanks and regards,

Siva Balan.R
you can call CIC and they will tell you the date your application was received and if it was a complete application. If they have opened your application that is.