+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
xenon said:
How did you manage to convince them? I was unable to ...I said I want to make sure my cc is charged or not and I Want to make sure there are no problems with the CC bank withholding the transaction. She point blank said she doesnt have access to any more information.
I told him i understand that. but my situation is awkward, i know applications delivered on the same day by Canada post, Fedex, Purolator got CC charged, but none of our UPS users has been charged. I think UPS gave us the fake deliver time, and really need to know if we, UPS Jan. 2nd 10:47am user, made any of us into the CAP~~~~~AND he asked my UCI#/DOB/COB, then saying let me check if there is any info. i can find.
And he told me my file is complete, and #is 41xx.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
kevinsouza said:
Andrey,

Did the agent acknowledge receipt of your application?
The agent told me that the only info available to him is that it was received - no more. I asked specifically if it means the application is considered complete - he just repeated that it was received and there is no more information. And there is no time of receipt, just 2 jan...

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
AndreyU said:
The agent told me that the only info available to him is that it was received - no more. I asked specifically if it means the application is considered complete - he just repeated that it was received and there is no more information.
Ugh!
I can see how us bunch re annoying but CIC agents' stance is so rigid. Black and white when it suits the, grey when it suits THEM. Sorry man. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

garyfaifai

Aug 15, 2014
Also called CIC and the agent said it has been received and no more info. I asked him when I can expect to receive the application number he said it will be a month or so. Not sure if it is reliable but he did mention that by now if you have not hear or had any return it is a good sign your application has been accept as part of the 5000 cap. Again my application was received Jan 5th early morning.

SamParent

Nov 30, 2014
pjying said:
I thought clientID should be left blank for the people who submitted the application for the first time!!!!! I thought it will be assigned after they set up my file!!!!! what a misunderstanding!!!!!
Me too!!! Is this considered an error (missing the UCI#) and does this mean we do not qualify?

Thanks and good luck to all!

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
garyfaifai said:
Also called CIC and the agent said it has been received and no more info. I asked him when I can expect to receive the application number he said it will be a month or so. Not sure if it is reliable but he did mention that by now if you have not hear or had any return it is a good sign your application has been accept as part of the 5000 cap.
Sounds good.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
SamParent said:
Me too!!! Is this considered an error (missing the UCI#) and does this mean we do not qualify?

Thanks and good luck to all!
no. As Xenon indicated, your UCI number is supposed to be entered in form 1334. not in the Generic Application form.

amican15

Jan 4, 2015
AndreyU said:
1 for English. then wait a bit, then 2 1 3 0. make a short pause after every option. Please share what they tell you!

Could you please give me the phone number ? I would like to call CIC them and check my status as well.

khe01

Jan 19, 2015
I made an error, my application is received Jan 2, 2015, 1:21 PM not Jan 3, can you please correct for me?

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Called CIC. Asked agent if they could check status using MY UCI Number. She did. She said that it was processed on Jan 10, and deemed complete. She wouldn't say if it made the 5000 cap. My application was sent received on Jan 2 8.45am by Purolator, and I paid by certified cheque.

Would be helpful to know what date Purolator applications were processed and deemed complete, if you already have your CC charged.