N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AnastasiaU said:
Ok guys, FINALLY my balance on my Credit card has gone down (or up)....and i confirmed with my bank that a charge of $550 went through to CIC. I'm not sure if it was made on Fri, Sat or this morning......once i see the transaction exactly i'll let you know.

I was in the Jan 2nd, 8.45am Purolator batch (supposed delivery of 9am). Rossei can you please update me in the spreadsheet? I lost the link again.

It certainly looks as though they are still doing CC charges so there is good hope. I'll keep praying for the rest of you on this forum, especially you Jan 5th guys (and especially you Rossei!) who got messed around by Couriers/Canada Post promising next day delivery.

If you don't make the cap this year, i would suggest going to your agent as soon as they open on the 31st next year, using Fedex perhaps and booking an 8am delivery. Or better still, use a local courier in Mississauga like one member did where you can get a better handle on them going down there at 7am and getting in line.

This forum is an amazing support for what has to be one of the most agonizing experiences. I'm still in for finding out what Purolator did to us that day.
Congrats and thanks. I've updated the spreadsheet (link given in my signature). Congrats to vividind, kaiser72 and little star as well.

I think all Purolator 8:45 batch will make it. Next could be UPS 10:47 batch. But that's it!

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Just spoke with someone at CIC. guys don't quote me on this, and I don't want to give anyone false hope.
The agent informed me that the cap was reached on Jan 16. I find it a little hard to believe logically, but she said that the cap for 5000 completed applications was received on Jan 16.
My partner and I sent 2 applications. She paid by credit card and hers got charged. I paid by certified cheque, so no way of knowing my application status. This was using Purolator 8.45am delivery.
Good to see the support on this forum.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kevinsouza said:
Just spoke with someone at CIC. guys don't quote me on this, and I don't want to give anyone false hope.
The agent informed me that the cap was reached on Jan 16. I find it a little hard to believe logically, but she said that the cap for 5000 completed applications was received on Jan 16.
My partner and I sent 2 applications. She paid by credit card and hers got charged. I paid by certified cheque, so no way of knowing my application status. This was using Purolator 8.45am delivery.
Somehow, I still think that it's logical. We only assume the worst, like forum members only represent 1% of the total PGP applications received by CIC. It can be lot more (over 3%).

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kevinsouza said:
I believe that the application that was added to the 5000 cap on Jan 16 was an application received on Jan 2nd. Just because it was added to the cap on the 16 doesn't mean that the application was received on Jan 16th in the mail. I just think that it took CiC until Jan 16th to comb through the applications received on 2nd or the 5th at the latest to finally reached the cap.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
I can see both points of view. Crossing my fingers, and hoping my 8.45am Purolator made it through. Best to you guys as well Screech and Rossei

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody used money order for their application? Has your money order been cashed out?

Thanks

simarbedi

Dec 28, 2014
Finally Got the CC charged today (Jan 19) for $1100. My Package was received at 8:45 and was sent by Purolator.

So that means that they are still in process of applications for Day1 and if the quota was not done till Jan16th, others will see their CC charged in the coming weeks.

All the best guys.

Simar

cic2015

Dec 29, 2014
My credit card also got charged today.
Sent via Purolator Jan 2nd 8:45 AM (however the confirmation email was sent by Purolator at 12:25 PM)

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Guys,

i am one of the user of UPS 10:47am Jan.2nd delivery. I called CIC this morning and told the rep. my UCI#, and tried very hard to get the rep. answered my concern, if i made my application into the 5000 CAP, as none of UPS 10:47am users has been charged yet, and I think UPS gave us fake deliver time.

He checked and told me there is a note under my application----- it's a complete file package, and my# is 41xx.
He said it's quite positive, but he is not guarantee anything.

BUT i can tell i am in the 5000Cap by that#, right?

I told him he made my day!!

Hope my update can give you guys, especially UPS users, some positive info.
i will update the excel sheet once my CC got charged. thanks everyone!

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
echo6315 said:
Hi Guys,

i am one of the user of UPS 10:47am Jan.2nd delivery. I called ICI this morning and told the rep. my UCI#, and tried very hard to get the rep. answered my concern, if i made my application into the 5000 CAP, as none of UPS 10:47am users has been charged yet, and I think UPS gave us fake deliver time.

He checked and told me there is a note under my application----- it's a complete file package, and my# is 41xx.
He said it's quite positive, but he is not guarantee anything.

BUT i can tell i am in the 5000Cap by that#, right?

I told him he made my day!!

Hope my update can give you guys, especially UPS users, some positive info.
i will update the excel sheet once my CC got charged. thanks everyone!
4100 (something) or 41xx (letter x)?

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
For all those whose cc has been charged. How we are going to calculate the processing time?
I read something very strange on the cic website TODAY.

Important notice: There are two consecutive steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time you must ADD the times together.

1. Assessment of Sponsor:
44 months

2. Assessment of Person Being Sponsored (applicant):
Depends on the visa office (mine will be processed within 72 months!

Is that mean i should add 44 months + 72 months =116 months almost 10 years ?!! :))))

kaiser72

Dec 1, 2014
nonos said:
For all those whose cc has been charged. How we are going to calculate the processing time?
I read something very strange on the cic website TODAY.

Important notice: There are two consecutive steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time you must ADD the times together.

1. Assessment of Sponsor:
44 months

2. Assessment of Person Being Sponsored (applicant):
Depends on the visa office (mine will be processed within 72 months!

Is that mean i should add 44 months + 72 months =116 months almost 10 years ?!! :))))
Let's take a break to think about this process at this moment. Other guys are still very concerned whether their apps would make it to 5000 cap.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked the status of my application too! Mine was received on 11:33 through Fedex. my appilcation was accepted. I am in early 2000s!