Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
unaseem said:
Notice – Parent and Grandparent program update
Ottawa, January 16, 2015 — Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has received 5,000 new, complete Parent and Grandparent program (PGP) applications for 2015. Intake is now paused and any applications received before intake reopens will be returned to the applicant.

CIC's backlog elimination efforts remain on track, and our efforts to reunite families faster continue.

Parents and grandparents who wish to visit their family in Canada can continue to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. The Super Visa remains a fast, convenient option for parents and grandparents wanting to spend an extended period of time in Canada with their families. To date, more than 45,000 Super Visas have been issued.

Canada has one of the most generous family reunification programs in the world. Since 2012, Canada has welcomed more than 70,000 parents, grandparents and their dependents through the PGP program. This year, Canada will welcome an additional 20,000 as part of the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification.
Not surprising that the 5000 has been reached as it is expected around this time-frame to make the announcement. However I have to say I am surprise and also not surprised that the announcement has been made and yet we are only seeing people who has been charged on Jan 2nd. Has the cap really been reached already on the 2nd?

Only time will tell when we see people getting their applications back and know when these application has arrived to CiC's door.

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
Thanks to God my cc got charged on Saturday by CIC .. I think we will continue to see CC charges for Purolator 8:45am today as well ..... Good luck everyone :)

froster

Jan 15, 2015
a post from the Chinese forum said that they called CIC and told their application was complete, and there is a ranking associated with application of 4600 something
their application was arrived CIC on 10:47 Jan.2 via UPS
I suggest people start calling CIC now and use the clientID to check application status, better to get that ranking

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
screech339 said:
Not surprising that the 5000 has been reached as it is expected around this time-frame to make the announcement. However I have to say I am surprise and also not surprised that the announcement has been made and yet we are only seeing people who has been charged on Jan 2nd. Has the cap really been reached already on the 2nd?

Only time will tell when we see people getting their applications back and know when these application has arrived to CiC's door.
I am shocked! Its true! on the cic website it is said that the cap has been reached !! I feel really sorry for those who have done their best but we are still not sure if they meant that the 5,000 applications are for those whom their cc has been already charged or as of today no one will be able to send new applications?!

GideonSword

Dec 9, 2014
Does it mean that CIC has received 5,000 complete packages by Jan 16?. So if my application got in Monday, Jan 15th does this mean I'm in? Do they calculate (and register )application packages received every day. E.g. Jan 2nd - received 1,000 appications - reflected in the system, Jan 3rd - received 550 applications - entered in database (total 1, 500). Once 5,000 reached (by December 15) the very next day CIC makes and announcement on their website that cap is reached? Does it work like this? So no sending back applications received before cut-off day? (Jan 16)?
Please enlighten. Thanks.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
froster said:
a post from the Chinese forum said that they called CIC and told their application was complete, and there is a ranking associated with application of 4600 something
I suggest people start calling CIC now and use the clientID to check application status, better to get that ranking
How do you know your clientID if an application has be entered in the system first before getting an ID? Is that the same ID you have when applied for PR?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
GideonSword said:
Does it mean that CIC has received 5,000 complete packages by Jan 16?. So if my application got in Monday, Jan 15th does this mean I'm in? Do they calculate (and register )application packages received every day. E.g. Jan 2nd - received 1,000 appications - reflected in the system, Jan 3rd - received 550 applications - entered in database (total 1, 500). Once 5,000 reached (by December 15) the very next day CIC makes and announcement on their website that cap is reached? Does it work like this? So no sending back applications received before cut-off day? (Jan 16)?
Please enlighten. Thanks.
From when they announce the cap was reached, it was most likely days or weeks earlier that the cap was actually reached. It takes several days to receive and then process an app to make sure it's complete, before it's counted into the cap. Unfortunately your app was most likely not part of the 5000.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Ok guys, FINALLY my balance on my Credit card has gone down (or up)....and i confirmed with my bank that a charge of $550 went through to CIC. I'm not sure if it was made on Fri, Sat or this morning......once i see the transaction exactly i'll let you know.

I was in the Jan 2nd, 8.45am Purolator batch (supposed delivery of 9am). Rossei can you please update me in the spreadsheet? I lost the link again.

It certainly looks as though they are still doing CC charges so there is good hope. I'll keep praying for the rest of you on this forum, especially you Jan 5th guys (and especially you Rossei!) who got messed around by Couriers/Canada Post promising next day delivery.

If you don't make the cap this year, i would suggest going to your agent as soon as they open on the 31st next year, using Fedex perhaps and booking an 8am delivery. Or better still, use a local courier in Mississauga like one member did where you can get a better handle on them going down there at 7am and getting in line.

This forum is an amazing support for what has to be one of the most agonizing experiences. I'm still in for finding out what Purolator did to us that day.

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
AnastasiaU said:
Ok guys, FINALLY my balance on my Credit card has gone down (or up)....and i confirmed with my bank that a charge of $550 went through to CIC. I'm not sure if it was made on Fri, Sat or this morning......once i see the transaction exactly i'll let you know.

I was in the Jan 2nd, 8.45am Purolator batch (supposed delivery of 9am). Rossei can you please update me in the spreadsheet? I lost the link again.

It certainly looks as though they are still doing CC charges so there is good hope. I'll keep praying for the rest of you on this forum, especially you Jan 5th guys (and especially you Rossei!) who got messed around by Couriers/Canada Post promising next day delivery. \

If you don't make the cap this year, i would suggest going to your agent as soon as they open on the 31st next year, using Fedex perhaps and booking an 8am delivery. Or better still, use a local courier in Mississauga like one member did where you can get a better handle on them going down there at 7am and getting in line.

This forum is an amazing support for what has to be one of the most agonizing experiences. I'm still in for finding out what Purolator did to us that day.

Congratulation AnastasiaU!!! I wish the best for all on this forum.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
We applied for parents and parent inlaws. 15 min back my credit card debited for 1100. We sent 2 different packages with Purolator Jan 2 8:45 AM batch.

Not sure which ones got in but fingers crossed for other package to get in.

Good luck to all

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
AnastasiaU said:

It certainly looks as though they are still doing CC charges so there is good hope. I'll keep praying for the rest of you on this forum, especially you Jan 5th guys (and especially you Rossei!) who got messed around by Couriers/Canada Post promising next day delivery.

Good news! Congratulations!!!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
froster said:
11am Jan 2 counted as 4600 something ? Wow. Interesting that CIC Call Centre can see this information too.

froster

Jan 15, 2015
I believe they are using the real received time for ordering. That is why all the purolator 845 is get charged after fedex and CC
the UPS 1047 batch was received by 12:30 from what I heard people reported
CIC calling center and CIC mississauga shares the same system I believe, when I called they know when I got my citizenship and stuff...
but seems not all agents know how to find those.... from what I heard people just keep calling until find one can really help you

kaiser72

Dec 1, 2014
My CC also got charged anytime between 9:30 AM and 10:45 AM today. I wish everyone in this forum would get their CC charged within next few days.