+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
AnastasiaU said:
Yes it looks like the Purolator packages haven't been touched yet. Have any of you with the supposed delivery of Purolator on Jan 2nd 8.45 spoken to Purolator to find out what the actual time of delivery was? Maybe we'll get some more insights into what the real time-date stamp was......

I know that when i rang at around 12pm on Jan 2nd, they told me that they had received a message from the driver to say that he was in line but at that point had no further update from him and could only assume he was in line still. Then at around 12.30pm, i got the notification to say the package was delivered at 8.45am which seems a bit odd.

Don't lose hope Rossei! Surely packages delivered on the first two days should make it into the cap.......if they are all correct.......
I had a chat with a call center agent of Purolator at around noon on jan 02 and he told me that the truck had thousands of items, and that the driver arrived on time, but applications were still being scanned. Seems like Purolator faked time on a proof of delivery. Apparently cic will take into account the actual acceptance time, and not the one reported by Purolator to us. Then why did they charge us for 9AM delivery?

nonos

Jan 9, 2015
nush78l said:
There is a 2-5 business day delay for credit card transactions to show so dont worry yet. You can try calling your CC company to check if the CIC transaction was put through ("Authorized" stage).

Thats what i did, as it wasnt showing any of my Jan 9th transactions via phone or online, so i called my CC company to check. They confirmed that there was a CIC transaction authorized on Jan 9th and that it will show on my transactions list in 2-5 business days. I still want to see that darn transaction online for myself!!!

My application was received by CIC on Jan 2nd at 8:36 AM and my CC was charged on Jan 9th.

Good luck everybody!!!

Congratulations !!! can you tell me if you were with Purolator or not thank you.

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
Yes, I wanted the Purolator agent to call me as soon as the driver actually delivered the package. He called me at 10:30 am and informed me that it is delivered (although the time is shown 8:45am in their tracking site!)

AnastasiaU said:
Yes it looks like the Purolator packages haven't been touched yet. Have any of you with the supposed delivery of Purolator on Jan 2nd 8.45 spoken to Purolator to find out what the actual time of delivery was? Maybe we'll get some more insights into what the real time-date stamp was......

I know that when i rang at around 12pm on Jan 2nd, they told me that they had received a message from the driver to say that he was in line but at that point had no further update from him and could only assume he was in line still. Then at around 12.30pm, i got the notification to say the package was delivered at 8.45am which seems a bit odd.

Don't lose hope Rossei! Surely packages delivered on the first two days should make it into the cap.......if they are all correct.......

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
AndreyU said:
I had a chat with a call center agent of Purolator at around noon on jan 02 and he told me that the truck had thousands of items, and that the driver arrived on time, but applications were still being scanned. Seems like Purolator faked time on a proof of delivery. Apparently cic will take into account the actual acceptance time, and not the one reported by Purolator to us. Then why did they charge us for 9AM delivery?
I think, if they put on actual delivery time, then the customer is entitled to claim a refund. That's their strategy, I guess.

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
I posted on Jan 02 at 8:15AM from Thunder Bay. My application was received on Jan 06 at 12:41 PM. Even I have hope. Just wondering, what % of the total population could this forum be representing. There are 91 users. If this represents 1% of the population.Total number of applications must be 9100. Number of applications received on Jan: 02,05,06,07,08 must be 4700, 3300, 800, 200, 100. Do you think this forum is representing the sample size = 1% of the total population.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tjd said:
I posted on Jan 02 at 8:15AM from Thunder Bay. My application was received on Jan 06 at 12:41 PM. Even I have hope. Just wondering, what % of the total population could this forum be representing. There are 91 users. If this represents 1% of the population.Total number of applications must be 9100. Number of applications received on Jan: 02,05,06,07,08 must be 4700, 3300, 800, 200, 100. Do you think this forum is representing the sample size = 1% of the total population.
You cant take canadian population into this equation
only take canadian population that need parents sponsorship and it is a very small number, less than 100,000 I think.
among them, how many are Internet users.
among internet users, how many come to this forum.

It isn't as bad as you imagine.

X0X0X

Jan 9, 2015
nonos said:
Upon talking with the CIC representatives they advised that last year reached 5,000 by begining of February. So dont lose hope you are in the first days!! and dont forget that many applications will be returned for being incomplete or any other reason.. wish all of you the best :)
This is my 2nd time - did not make the cut last Jan. 2014 :(.
Just happy that I had my CC charged already, just hoping documents are fine.
For those whose CC's are charged CONGRATS... To those who have not yet keep on hoping!
All the best!

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Rossei said:
I hope the spreadsheet is serving its purpose. I've locked the main database "Timeline" only to view for everyone and so you cannot edit any entry. Therefore, I've added a new tab called "New Entry" for new users to enter their info and old users to update. I will add the info to the main "Timeline" at my earliest convenience. Once it's done, the info from "New Entry" tab will be deleted.

Congrats to all whose CC got charged by CIC. It doesn't seem like I will make it to top 5000 :(.
Come on, this is not even 100 people in the spreadsheet. You'll be in the 5000 cap.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Rossei said:
Remember we were planning to send the application on Dec 31. I believed that the 5000 cap will reach lot quicker this year. And it seems true to me.

I contacted both Purolator and FedEx earlier to make sure that it will reach Mississauga on Jan 2. I even met the pick-up driver of Purolator on Dec 30. He said he would pick-up after 3 pm on Dec 31. So, I went there at 2:25 pm on Dec 31 and he was long gone. I checked the FedEx drop-box at the same store (Staples) and it was saying that the driver did not pick up yet. So, I quickly jumped on to a computer and filled FedEx label online. I dropped my application before 3 pm hoping it would be picked up on same day. I went there twice afterwards to check; but the driver never showed up or picked up long before 2:20 pm. It was just lying there till FedEx picked up on Jan 2 and shipped on Jan 5 to CPC-Mississauga. That's my story!

I still have some hope. :)
I have similar story. I checked with Canada Post a few times and decided to send my package on Dec 31 morning. The representative told me the package will be out on the same day and deliver on Jan 2. It only turned out that the pickup truck never showed up on that day. It stayed at my local Canada Post office until Jan 2. I was so mad at them.

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
civic said:
You cant take canadian population into this equation
only take canadian population that need parents sponsorship and it is a very small number, less than 100,000 I think.
among them, how many are Internet users.
among internet users, how many come to this forum.

It isn't as bad as you imagine.
I hope so... By population, I meant total number of applicants for CIC-PGP 2015

Typically (based on 65,000 approved H1B applications from a pool of 200,000 in USA), 5000 should be 30% of total number of expected applications.
which means that there should be between 15K to 20K applications.

Maybe I missed this on previous posts, but any clue about the total number of applications received last year 2014?

BTW, :) If this post is representing 0.001%, this implies 47,000 applications on first day. In that case...not all Jan 02 applications will be accepted. Jan 05 onwards have no chance at all. :eek:

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Guys,

Can you please add me on the timeline.

Purolator - Received by Stephanie Reid 845AM January 2.

To date, my CC has not been charged.

Thanks

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
CPA2CANADA said:
Guys,

Can you please add me on the timeline.

Purolator - Received by Stephanie Reid 845AM January 2.

To date, my CC has not been charged.

Thanks
The biggest myth in this thread so far is the delivery time stamp at 8:45am on January 2 by Purolator. Many people want to find out the truth.

X0X0X

Jan 9, 2015
tjd said:
I hope so... By population, I meant total number of applicants for CIC-PGP 2015

Typically (based on 65,000 approved H1B applications from a pool of 200,000 in USA), 5000 should be 30% of total number of expected applications.
which means that there should be between 15K to 20K applications.

Maybe I missed this on previous posts, but any clue about the total number of applications received last year 2014?

BTW, :) If this post is representing 0.001%, this implies 47,000 applications on first day. In that case...not all Jan 02 applications will be accepted. Jan 05 onwards have no chance at all. :eek:
I did not make the cut last Jan 2014 :(.
I mailed it on the 3rd week of January and Immigration received it 2 days after - They returned the package on April 2014.
All applications were closed on February 2014 - They might have reached the quota since 3rd week or so.
It is different this time since people upon knowing what happened last year - rushed everything on January 2nd 2015.
But I think those who sent the applications on the 2nd week still made the cut.

All the BEST!