civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikary said:
FedEx tracking still not updated. I hope CIC receive it today. It is not sender's fault. There should have been some other arrangements done for out of Toronto applicants.

Spoke to FedEx agent and he notify me that there is a big line up. I did request the application package to be delivered before 4pm.

This is just too much.
Fedex driver chose to leave the line while other couriers got in line to deliver their packages. Unforgivable if the quota is missed. I thought they are number one.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simarbedi said:
Hi Guys,
This should have been discussed before sending the packages, but
What all reasons come into your mind as a valid reason to have the file returned to you as an incomplete package (within first 5K) -

1. Incomplete Supporting Documents
2. Signatures missing
3. Not enough income

What else?

SB
Incorrect version used in filling form
Incorrect fee payment

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
simarbedi said:
Hi Guys,
This should have been discussed before sending the packages, but
What all reasons come into your mind as a valid reason to have the file returned to you as an incomplete package (within first 5K) -

1. Incomplete Supporting Documents
2. Signatures missing
3. Not enough income

What else?

SB
You may want to change 2. Signatures missing to 2. No Original Signatures. This is to cover those who may try to send in scanned signatures.

grepis

Jun 9, 2011
nikary said:
FedEx tracking still not updated. I hope CIC receive it today. It is not sender's fault. There should have been some other arrangements done for out of Toronto applicants.
What options Toronto applicants may have? Do they send packages in different way?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fedex by noon service has delivered these packages around 11am Mississauga time. Thanks goodness! :-X

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I was in same boat with other FedEx shippers.

I went to Purolator on Dec 31 around 2:15 pm. By the time I got there, they said the driver picked up by 1 pm although I was told before that the last pickup would be after 3 pm (even on Dec 31). There was a FedEx drop box in the same store which was saying "hasn't been collected yet". So, I quickly made Fedex label online and dropped the package before 3 pm. Alas! Fedex driver picked up earlier as well :mad:. I was so frustrated that I did not dare to come to the forum. This is what happens in a laid back "city" like Sarnia.

So, finally, it has been shipped around 11 am today by Fedex. Fingers crossed to make it to the first 5000!

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
pearlin said:
What's wrong with Canada post?! Still haven't delivered! Since Dec 31!
I'm stalking my tracking today and they say it's out on delivery but that was at 9:30 am. I'm going crazy here.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If we take 9 hours working( 8 till 5 pm) without lunch break.
A 15 seconds per package delivery( take & sign). That amounts to
9*60*60/15 = 2160 packets a day
Even if we take 50% fail rate, quota will be over by this week.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Californiacicle said:
I'm stalking my tracking today and they say it's out on delivery but that was at 9:30 am. I'm going crazy here.
Most courier delivery to CPC-M today has been stalled or delayed, whether PGP sponsorship or not. Some couriers updated their tracking status as "consignee was closed". I think they can't just load their freight to loading docks as normal today. They will reattempt to deliver again and again by 4pm. If the line up is too bad they will come back at a later date :"( 5000 quota seems very strict.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
Most courier delivery to CPC-M today has been stalled or delayed, whether PGP sponsorship or not. Some couriers updated their tracking status as "consignee was closed". I think they can't just load their freight to loading docks as normal today. They will reattempt to deliver again and again by 4pm. If the line up is too bad they will come back at a later date :"( 5000 quota seems very strict.
As long as there is a cap, everyone will send in their application as soon as they can to beat the cap. So the first couple of days will always be overloaded with applications sent by sponsors who wants to get theirs in first before everyone else. It's human nature.

Screech339

Jan 5, 2015
Hi All,

The TDBank where I went to get Certified cheque gave me what looks like a bank draft payable to 'Receiver General For Canada'. I only have a copy of the Draft and its written 'Customer's Record of Draft Purchased'

I am now worried if my application will be rejected.

Can anyone tell me if this is equivalent of certified cheque?

I called the TD customer service and they are telling me Certified cheque is a personal cheque endorsed by the bank for a fee of 10 dollars.

I am quite worried. Someone please help me

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
chinook_alberta said:
Hi All,

The TDBank where I went to get Certified cheque gave me what looks like a bank draft payable to 'Receiver General For Canada'. I only have a copy of the Draft and its written 'Customer's Record of Draft Purchased'

I am now worried if my application will be rejected.

Can anyone tell me if this is equivalent of certified cheque?

I called the TD customer service and they are telling me Certified cheque is a personal cheque endorsed by the bank for a fee of 10 dollars.

I am quite worried. Someone please help me
Certified cheques and bank draft (money orders) are two difference forms of payments.

I don't understand why CIC doesn't accept money drafts unless CIC wants certified cheques as a form of proof of identity / residency in Canada. Bank drafts / money order doesn't prove you have an official address in Canada. Anyone can walk in a bank and order bank drafts/money order. But to get a certified cheque, you must have a valid mailing address whereby your personal cheques can be sent in the mail. I can understand the certified cheque and credit card charge as both require residencies to get credit card and cheques and residing in Canada is a requirement to sponsor your parents.

Screech339

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
civic said:
Like Pearlin, we used Canada Post. We used Xpresspost which was guaranteed to be next business day and it's already late as it should have been delivered on Friday. Needless to say I am NOT pleased.