+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
civic said:
I did send the originals in my first application posted Dec 31 but had to recall it from Fedex because CIC does not accept money order. I posted a second one with photocopies. CIC did not specify that "original" is required on the checklist. Also, there is nothing indicating the original nature of this document, it was just a computer printout from CRA.
Exactly.
There is no official stamp on the option c print out.
So a good laser copy will be fine. :D

simarbedi

Dec 28, 2014
karamba said:
If everything else is correct and nothing is missing, I think you should be ok. I doubt they would reject an application for such a small (and probably common) mistake. Don't worry about it...
Hi Guys,
This should have been discussed before sending the packages, but
What all reasons come into your mind as a valid reason to have the file returned to you as an incomplete package (within first 5K) -

1. Incomplete Supporting Documents
2. Signatures missing
3. Not enough income

What else?

SB

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
I did send the originals in my first application posted Dec 31 but had to recall it from Fedex because CIC does not accept money order. I posted a second one with photocopies. CIC did not specify that "original" is required on the checklist. Also, there is nothing indicating the original nature of this document, it was just a computer printout from CRA.
Actually it sort of does say it. It listed in the checklist what documents can be sent as photocopies: under supporting documents.1. Photocopy of your ID and marriage certificate if co-signer applies. Photocopy of birth certificates, etc. NOTE it does not say photocopy of Option C print out or Notice of assessment.

If they wanted photocopy of option C printout, they would list in the checklist as photocopy of option C printout.

Screech339

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
I sent photocopies of my Option C. I made photocopies as a back up. The first app which included originals was recalled by me due to incorrect payment form, and then I submitted the 2nd application with the back up Option C copy the next day. :(
Hope there wont be a problem.
Civic,
Photocopy of option C form may not to acceptable. Income proof is very important part of application.
However I will suggest you to talk with CIC call center agent . He should clarify your doubts on local bank’s money
order validation as a processing fee. Also the help centre link can be refer for further clarifications
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=822&t=14
By the way none of applications in 2014, i.e. one year earlier was rejected/returned due to money order issue. You can search the
forum

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Just a quick question regarding delivery of my package. On my FedEx tracking it's saying that" Delivery Exception-Future Delivery Requested". What does that mean? Any idea.

Date/Time
Activity Location

1/05/2015 - Monday

9:43 am Delivery exception
MISSISSAUGA, ON

Future delivery requested

8:12 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery
MISSISSAUGA, ON

I just called FedEx-agent said that at the receiving they were not accepting any packages because of big line up. He was asked to go back by 12:00pm. I hope my application makes it to first 5K.

Last year it was turned down because I forgot to put amount in Fee payment form-where you authorize Receiver General.

This is too stress - I am already one year behind in sponsoring my parents. Now this big line up thing.

CIC needs to come up with some better idea because I don't live in Toronto or nearby and I could not do one day delivery. CIC needs to make arrangements for out of town applications.

rg1234

Jan 24, 2014
simarbedi said:
You should be good to sponsor. Please refer to this table -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp#table1

Anything above $56,280 for last 3 years will make you eligible.

Thanks a lot Simarbedi for the information. That helps me.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
I just thought I should have included form of Representative for my parents in the package. Is there any way that I can submit that form at a later stage and act as a representative for my both parents? Any one has any information about this?

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
nikary said:
Just a quick question regarding delivery of my package. On my FedEx tracking it's saying that" Delivery Exception-Future Delivery Requested". What does that mean? Any idea.

Date/Time
Activity Location

1/05/2015 - Monday

MISSISSAUGA, ON

MISSISSAUGA, ON

at the receiving they were not accepting any packages because of big line up. He was asked to go back by 12:00pm.

Just my guess If CIC is the one saying come back at 12:00pm, there shouldn't be a line. Seems to me Fedex agent decided to come back later.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikary said:

Date/Time
Activity Location

1/05/2015 - Monday

MISSISSAUGA, ON

MISSISSAUGA, ON

I just called FedEx-agent said that at the receiving they were not accepting any packages because of big line up. He was asked to go back by 12:00pm. I hope my application makes it to first 5K.

Last year it was turned down because I forgot to put amount in Fee payment form-where you authorize Receiver General.

This is too stress - I am already one year behind in sponsoring my parents. Now this big line up thing.

CIC needs to come up with some better idea because I don't live in Toronto or nearby and I could not do one day delivery. CIC needs to make arrangements for out of town applications.
Same issue with Fedex. So frustrating

9:43 am Delivery exception MISSISSAUGA, ON
7:59 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery MISSISSAUGA, ON
7:00 am At local FedEx facility MISSISSAUGA, ON

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called Fedex they said processing centre set up time slot for couriers so Fedex will be able to meet the noon deadline. All couriers have been notified about this beforehand on January 1. :(

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha94 said:
I just thought I should have included form of Representative for my parents in the package. Is there any way that I can submit that form at a later stage and act as a representative for my both parents? Any one has any information about this?
yes you can, once you receive AOR

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
xenon said:
yes you can, once you receive AOR
Thanks Xenon...also, does it mean all their future correspondence with CIC will be reaching me at my Canadian Address or my email?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
isha94 said:
Thanks Xenon...also, does it mean all their future correspondence with CIC will be reaching me at my Canadian Address or my email?
Yes both email and mailing address if sent.

Screech339

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
FedEx tracking still not updated. I hope CIC receive it today. It is not sender's fault. There should have been some other arrangements done for out of Toronto applicants.

Spoke to FedEx agent and he notify me that there is a big line up. I did request the application package to be delivered before 4pm.

This is just too much.