N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
davidkaren said:
Thank you for confirming that !! I just did same and agent said it should be her home country address :). How can we rely on such information if they don't know rules.
I called second time today and the lady who answered was extremely helpful. She even brought the full application package to answer promptly while I was holding. She cleared most of my confusions. :)

She said same as you heard. She explained 'why' as well. As no one knows how long this process will take, it's better to put her original home address.

EFAHIM

Dec 6, 2014
HI I'm trying to sponsor my Mom and Dad and have some question regarding the app;ication .please help

1. Do i have to give original NOA for 2011,12 and 13 or photocopy of the original should be fine?

2. Can I submit the photocopy of the passports of my parent (all info in English)? I'm assuming i have to make a certified copy of merriage certificate with notary seal on it.

3.I'm assumign in IM008E from I just have to put all the information of my Dad (principle applicatient) and My mom (spouse). I dont have to put my sister and her family information since she is not dependent children and more then 21 years old and married.

4. Do I have to provide my UCI (unique identification number) or should be fine if I keep it blank as in the form this are not mendatory field (*).

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

SPVG

Dec 7, 2014
Hello,
My son is going to apply to sponsor my wife and me under PGP in 2015. I am now filling the forms and have a few questions.

1. In IMM5768 (Financial Evaluation) form, in question 8, is the minimum income figure the sum of all 3 years or just 2013 alone or the average of the 3 years?

2. Both my wife an I have to fill up Form 5707E individually. In my case it is clear that I am the applicant and all the information of parents and siblings are related my parents and siblings. In the case of my wife's Form 5707E does she fill her name in the applicant column or my name? If it is my name in the applicant box, how would CIC know that the parents and siblings listed in her form are her parents and not mine?

Finally, I find the discussion in this forum very helpful. Thank you to all the veteran particiapnts here.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Hi all...I was filling the forms..my parents don't have any surname...should I put their name in Surname box and leave the given name box blank?
Timely reply is much appreciated. Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Do I have to include copies of all pages of my parent's passport? Or, just the identity page + Canadian visa page will be fine? It doesn't say anything in the checklist.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
SPVG said:
Hello,
My son is going to apply to sponsor my wife and me under PGP in 2015. I am now filling the forms and have a few questions.

1. In IMM5768 (Financial Evaluation) form, in question 8, is the minimum income figure the sum of all 3 years or just 2013 alone or the average of the 3 years?

2. Both my wife an I have to fill up Form 5707E individually. In my case it is clear that I am the applicant and all the information of parents and siblings are related my parents and siblings. In the case of my wife's Form 5707E does she fill her name in the applicant column or my name? If it is my name in the applicant box, how would CIC know that the parents and siblings listed in her form are her parents and not mine?

Finally, I find the discussion in this forum very helpful. Thank you to all the veteran particiapnts here.
For Q1: It is not very clear what exact figure to use. I used the figure for 2013 only - as the minimum income threshold has to be met for each of the consecutive 3 years and not as an aggregate. Anybody else has some further insight?

For Q2: Not sure what form this is. I have no 5707E in the application package. Are you talking about 5406E Additional Family Information? For 5406E - both you and your wife have to fill them up individually and also in your native script (if not English). On your wife's form she is the applicant - as the info on Mother, Father, siblings etc correspond to the applicant.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Rossei said:
Do I have to include copies of all pages of my parent's passport? Or, just the identity page + Canadian visa page will be fine? It doesn't say anything in the checklist.
Just the page with the passport information and photo (DOB, Issue Date, Expiry Date etc).

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
EFAHIM said:
HI I'm trying to sponsor my Mom and Dad and have some question regarding the app;ication .please help

1. Do i have to give original NOA for 2011,12 and 13 or photocopy of the original should be fine?

2. Can I submit the photocopy of the passports of my parent (all info in English)? I'm assuming i have to make a certified copy of merriage certificate with notary seal on it.

3.I'm assumign in IM008E from I just have to put all the information of my Dad (principle applicatient) and My mom (spouse). I dont have to put my sister and her family information since she is not dependent children and more then 21 years old and married.

4. Do I have to provide my UCI (unique identification number) or should be fine if I keep it blank as in the form this are not mendatory field (*).

Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Q1: Originals only or get Option C print outs from CRA
Q2: Yes correct - photocopy is fine. Certified copy of marriage certificate with notary seal on it is good.
Q3: Correct.
Q4: If you have a UCI include it. If you don't leave it blank.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
isha94 said:
Hi all...I was filling the forms..my parents don't have any surname...should I put their name in Surname box and leave the given name box blank?
Timely reply is much appreciated. Thanks
Just leave the surname box blank is there is no surname. The names should match up with the names on their passport and other official docs.

EFAHIM

Dec 6, 2014
nush78l said:
Q1: Originals only or get Option C print outs from CRA
Q2: Yes correct - photocopy is fine. Certified copy of marriage certificate with notary seal on it is good.
Q3: Correct.
Q4: If you have a UCI include it. If you don't leave it blank.
Thank you!!

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
nush78l said:
Just leave the surname box blank is there is no surname. The names should match up with the names on their passport and other official docs.
I called the CIC agent today...he said write everything on Surname box and leave given names blank...very confused...!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SPVG said:
Hello,

Put the minimum income of most recent taxation year (2013). I've verified it with CIC call centre agents.

What is IMM 5707E form for? I assume it's an old form for "Additional Family Info". Download latest application package for sponsorship from CIC. The latest Additional Family Info form is IMM 5406.

Anyway, I understand your confusion. I'm not 100% sure but when your spouse fills out her IMM5406; she will need to write her name as the Applicant and your name as the Spouse.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nikary said:
What number should I call for CIC Q&A
Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

Some agents are very reluctant to answer specific question re: forms. They will want to get away by saying "Everything you need to know are given in the application guide". Some even say that they are not supposed to answer specific questions re: how to fill out forms. It's your responsibility to convince them to answer you. Out of every 3 calls you make; you will get a good agent and correct info.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nush78l said:
No, this is wrong. You put the given names in the surname box and put N/A in given names. From CIC

What do you mean by surname?

Your surname is your family name. It is sometimes called your “last name.” If your name is spelled differently on your official documents, please write your name as shown in your passport. When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document or any letters you got from the visa office or case processing centre where you sent your application (even if the name is misspelled). Do not use initials.

If you do not have a surname on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field, write “not applicable” or “N/A” in the given name field.