+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

amican15

Jan 4, 2015
Ibaadat said:
Follow instructions here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

I had to try several times for it to work. I used PA last name and application#. Also enter PA passport details. In # of family members it will be the total # of people you're sponsoring (i.e. 2 for mom and dad) + you + any other dependents (your wife/kids). Ensure the info you enter matches IMM0008. Once you link, please share what is the updated status it shows there. Is your SA approved?
Thank you for posting the details of linking an account. It worked like a charm! Finally!!!

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Hi all,
My parents got 2 emails for medical and PCC on July 18th. Medical done on 23rd July and PCC emailed on July 29th. Ecas status for parents just show 'in process'. Should we wait for another email requesting RPRF or just pay the fee online and email them the receipt. Please share your insight.
Thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
isha94 said:
Hi all,
My parents got 2 emails for medical and PCC on July 18th. Medical done on 23rd July and PCC emailed on July 29th. Ecas status for parents just show 'in process'. Should we wait for another email requesting RPRF or just pay the fee online and email them the receipt. Please share your insight.
Thanks
Pay now to save time later. Pay and submit receipt to them ASAP.

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
isha94 said:
Hi all,
Thanks
hello folks, My parents did a medical on 6th of Aug and received a tracking sheet for e-medical. My question to all - do we need to submit e-medical tracking sheet? or its of reference...

Appreciate for your response

mrs-vkp

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
I have submitted the family class application for my mother beginning this year and she received an email which suggests:

"In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
....."

Is this same as application fees- I paid with application? I can't remember the number but it was approximate $500 or this is another fees. so far from the discussion it seems that this is a separate fees.

The email she got almost one week ago but has not received the medical request. This email suggests
"
You and your family members who are included in this application must undergo complete medical examinations. You will receive a separate e-mail with instructions for medical examination for you and your dependants, whether accompanying or not. The issuance of medical instructions does not constitute final acceptance of your application. "

So just wondering how many days it takes for CIC to make such request.

Also they mentioned
"Submission of a Schedule A – Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669), for you and all dependent family members, where question 8 – Personal History and question 12 – Addresses, cover the entire period since the age of 18, leaving no gaps, if not already submitted with answers covering this entire period."

I have submitted this form 6 months ago- does my mother need to submit again. Also this email does not specify - which address all this information needs to go but the email came from Delhi consulate. Is it Ok to assume that all this info (except the above fees- specifically asked for Mississauga) needs to go to local consulate?

Also if someone is working on police clearance in India - does the passport need to have same address as current residence for police clearance? My mother current address is different and she is under the impression - she needs to get it changed which will further takes 3-4 weeks even under Tatkal (express service).

please advise.

Thanks

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
Hello ALL- Urgent question. The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is for one application but for both my parents. Should I pay 2 or just one?

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
fneda said:
Hello ALL- Urgent question. The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is for one application but for both my parents. Should I pay 2 or just one?

you should pay for both of them. $490each

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
Thanks :) received medical request.......Is 30 days the deadline for performing medical or for them to receive it!?

Buleleng10 said:
you should pay for both of them. $490each

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
hello folks, My parents did a medical on 6th of Aug and received a tracking sheet for e-medical. My question to all - do we need to submit e-medical tracking sheet? or its of reference...

Appreciate for your response

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fneda said:
Thanks :) received medical request.......Is 30 days the deadline for performing medical or for them to receive it!?
Congrats! Which visa office? Ottawa?

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
my mother renewed her Indian passport. She applied for a Canadian visitor visa which she got after renewing the passport. CIC has her updated passport info. I know this because the medical office were able to pull her info up with the updated passport.

Do I need to send them an updated copy? if so, what address should I send it to?

thanks for your help with this!

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
We have finally linked our application to MYCIC. yay!

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents: (blank)
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
Final decision: Not Started

But on ECas, it's still only "We received your application for permanent residence on January 2, 2015."

I don't know whether it means our application is officially IN PROCESS or not. But I'm fine with that. Just be patient and it'll soon be our turn to get medical or PCC request.

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
I have an important question that I hope someone can kindly help me with -

My parents already did medical and provided police clearance. Their case is being processed in Ottawa, probably because they were in Canada with me when the sponsorship application was submitted. But right now they live in the home country (China). When Ottawa asks for their passports, would CIC give me the option of sending their passports to China office instead of Ottawa? If not, what should I do so that I can avoid sending passport overseas?

Thank you guys!

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What info did you use to link it? I still cannot do this :(
I can check the permanent residency application on check my status but cannot link ...

741953 said:
We have finally linked our application to MYCIC. yay!

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents: (blank)
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
Final decision: Not Started

But on ECas, it's still only "We received your application for permanent residence on January 2, 2015."

I don't know whether it means our application is officially IN PROCESS or not. But I'm fine with that. Just be patient and it'll soon be our turn to get medical or PCC request.