+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

mskr

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
fneda said:
What do you mean? DNA test for what? I did not receive any letter at all? Did you?

SGVO issued me a letter to undergo DNA test as I included my newborn babies in my application.

yeasin52

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
The online print out of the Notice of Assessment from the CRA website is acceptable?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=825&t=14

This link actually said it is acceptable. Any thoughts?

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

Any suggestion which service to used to be delivered on time from Calgary ?
Canada Post Priority guaranteed for next day delivery but not time.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does say that.... but online print out doesn't show you SIN, not sure if it makes any difference. I ordered Option C print out from CRA over the phone. It took less than a week and its free.

yeasin52 said:
The online print out of the Notice of Assessment from the CRA website is acceptable?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=825&t=14

This link actually said it is acceptable. Any thoughts?

desi2

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Fellow members,

I will be applying for my parents sponsorship in 2016 and have a question about parents sponsorship, it will be great if seniors can help.

I was checking the checklist and instruction guide and couldn't find anything related to Police verification or photographs.
So I was wondering if these things are not required (at least for now?), does someone has any information regarding that?
No one is attaching these with there application?
Any thoughts will be helpful.

Thanks

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont find any such requirements in the check list. Please do let me know if anyone is aware of the same.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5771E.pdf

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
UOC said:
I dont find any such requirements in the check list. Please do let me know if anyone is aware of the same.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5771E.pdf
Absolutely agree with you. Why look for something that is not mentioned in the guide or checklist?
As far as I remember police reports are only valid for 6 months, unless one does not live in that country past the date of obtaining the police report (or shortly after). With the current processing times for parent and grand parent application, it would not make any sense for them to ask for a police certificate at this time.
Similarly for photographs, they need to be a true representation of the person when they become a landed immigrant. I think photographs are required at the time of submitting the application for immigration. We are all at the stage of submitting an application for sponsorship [roughly 5 years from when our parents will submit their applications for immigration], so it will be too soon to submit a photo.

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
desi2 said:
Hi Fellow members,

I will be applying for my parents sponsorship in 2016 and have a question about parents sponsorship, it will be great if seniors can help.

I was checking the checklist and instruction guide and couldn't find anything related to Police verification or photographs.
So I was wondering if these things are not required (at least for now?), does someone has any information regarding that?
No one is attaching these with there application?
Any thoughts will be helpful.

Thanks

Please see my reply to "UOC"'s comment above.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which address and courier service to be used to ensure guaranteed delivery on due date.

rm34

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Fellow Members,

I hope you are well and looking forward to the holiday season. Smiley
I live in Toronto and would like to apply for my parent’s PR. I have a few questions and will appreciate if you could please assist.

1) In form IMM 1344, Page 2 of 7: Under Sponsor Residency Declaration[/b], do we have to answer the below question with a No or leave it blank?
Are you a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada? “Who can sponsor” in the guide for information on Residency.
No or Yes

2) In form IMM 5768, question 8 – Minimum necessary income. Including my parents the family size would be 3, so is $47,051 correct amount to put there?

3) In form IMM 5476, Use of a representative, question 10. Who has to sign, the principal applicant or me? Also, what to do do with the box with signature of spouse.

Thank you,
RM

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rm34 said:
Hello Fellow Members,

I hope you are well and looking forward to the holiday season. Smiley
I live in Toronto and would like to apply for my parent’s PR. I have a few questions and will appreciate if you could please assist.

1) In form IMM 1344, Page 2 of 7: Under Sponsor Residency Declaration[/b], do we have to answer the below question with a No or leave it blank?
Are you a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada? “Who can sponsor” in the guide for information on Residency.
No or Yes
No (coz you live in Toronto)

2) In form IMM 5768, question 8 – Minimum necessary income. Including my parents the family size would be 3, so is $47,051 correct amount to put there?
Correct

3) In form IMM 5476, Use of a representative, question 10. Who has to sign, the principal applicant or me? Also, what to do do with the box with signature of spouse.
Principal applicant (i.e. your father). If your father is the principal applicant, then you mother may want to sign in the spouse box underneath (this is not necessary though).

rm34

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Few other questions. These are a bit complicated imho.

I was working in a full time role until September 2015 but since have been working as an Independent Consultant and started my own incorporation.

1) In the form IMM 5768, question 14, I will check box with Self Employed, correct?

2) In the same form, question 15, I should provide details of self employment in the first line and then continue with my full time employment history?

3)In the same form question 15. Under Family size for entire history, would putting 1 be correct ( I was married but since July 2015 I am separated)?

Thank you again guys for your help!
:)

cdnrics

Aug 8, 2011
Hi members,

Just want to know how important is to validate sponsorship forms. My parents filled, signed and sent all the required documents but didn't validate. They didn't miss any info, I know those bar codes make it easier to transfer data, but what if somebody hand fill these forms ? Will immigration accept or decline these forms ?

Thanks

Kresip

Nov 6, 2015
AndreyU said:
I checked my ecas and found out that when i click on Application received link there is a new phrase "Dependents listed on the application are...". Does anybody have the same message?
We are very happy that your parents came in Canada

They can wait here your parents.
Say hello your spouse