File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-8-2010 ( GOT IT ON 27-8-2010)
My hubby and I are both PR holders and now we had our baby in india.He is going to canada in a month since he got a job offer there.we were not in canada for 6 months.Now I am goin to stay with my child in india and wait till baby gets PR.I wanna know where to file PR for my child-in missisauga? after approval will it go to delhi embassy? which office will stamp visa on my baby's passport? should i have his passport in india or should i give it to his dad who is going to canada?

Also,both my and hubby's passports have different addresses and my PP didnt have my hubby name.PP office here in india asks us to change our addresses and add my spouse name in my PP.
my question is 1.do we have to surrender our old PPs for this?
2.will they issue new PPs for us with the above changes?
3.what will happen to our visa stampings if they give us new PPs?
4.Will my hubby face problems in sponsoring my baby since we havenet paid our credit card bills for 6 months?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rachel said:
My hubby and I are both PR holders and now we had our baby in india.He is going to canada in a month since he got a job offer there.we were not in canada for 6 months.Now I am goin to stay with my child in india and wait till baby gets PR.I wanna know where to file PR for my child-in missisauga? after approval will it go to delhi embassy? which office will stamp visa on my baby's passport? should i have his passport in india or should i give it to his dad who is going to canada?

Also,both my and hubby's passports have different addresses and my PP didnt have my hubby name.PP office here in india asks us to change our addresses and add my spouse name in my PP.
my question is 1.do we have to surrender our old PPs for this?
2.will they issue new PPs for us with the above changes?
3.what will happen to our visa stampings if they give us new PPs?
4.Will my hubby face problems in sponsoring my baby since we havenet paid our credit card bills for 6 months?
1. Once you spouse is in Canada, he submits the sponsorship and the child's application to Mississauga with all the attachments. If it is approved, it will be sent to ND for processing.
2. You PPs are a matter with the Indian passport office, you should contact them.
3. You will need your old passports with the COPR in it as well as the new passports, if you don't have your PR card.
4. It is between you and your credit card company. I wouldn't try to pay the fees with a credit card though.
5. Keep the child's passport your spouse will need a copy of it though. You should read through the applications forms and instructions. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

PMM

harry807

Jun 3, 2009
Me and my spouse too have different addresses on our passports, and even my wife's last name is not changed and my name not included in her passport. We didn't have any problem in getting our PR's. but yes we submitted our Marriage Certificate with same names and addresses as on Passport.

For your case, i guess u need Baby's birth certificate & his passport with both of your names.

Even still if you need new passports you will have to apply at Indian Passport Office, They will cancel your old passport and return it along with new passport. The visa stampings will still remain valid. You have to always carry both old and new passport.

I am not an expert but my understanding is you don't have to stay in India, you can apply for baby's Visitor visa once you have applied for his PR and join your hubby in Canada.

and one more thing, if you are already PR holder and completed landing, what Visa Stamping you are talking about you must be have PR card now.

If you have not completed Landing, you shud do it as soon as possible before the visa date expire.

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI(Dependent child )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Thank u PMM and harry for your suggestions.
We both have completed our landing and have our PR cards so as You both have said I wont be needing my old PP.

1.PMM do yu have any idea as to how long will it take for my baby to get his PR?
2.also are there any chances for my baby to get his TRV if we apply?
3.Do i have to take medicals for my newborn baby?
4.what are the documents my baby will need other than PP and birth certificate?

harry807

Jun 3, 2009
I don't know exact timelines but It takes lot lesser time. As thay don't need to check any Criminal Records, education evaluations, Police reports etc etc. ;)

You have to take medical exam for baby but its just general checkup by doctor, weight, height etc. Babies don't have to take blood test, xrays or urine test.

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Do I have to take medical exam for baby only from DMP or any doctor is OK.

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
PMM,

when we left canada i was pregnant and my hubby came accompanied me to india and he lost his job while we were in india and so he didnt have any source to return to canada.so he stayed in india with me.we broke the lease agreement for our appartment we rented and didnt pay the lease termination fees.we just left the appartment as if we would return back.now since my hubby again got a job he is going back,will he be facing any problems there in canada?
will he be able to rent an appartment? please clarify.