+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my wife.

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hey all. Thank you for all the useful information.

I submitted the spousal sponsorship application on Sep 23rd 2019 and received confirmation of file received from IRCC on Nov 5th 2019. We are Nov 18th today and last week IRCC sent the Biometrics and Medical to done by my wife in India.

Today after she completed the Bio, she was advised that an email will be sent shortly (10) from the high commission to submit her passport to have is "stamped" however she has not done her medical yet...its scheduled for tomorrow (Nov 19th 2019)...with this being said, my questions are as follows...

1- Is it normal to have the Bio and Medical request sent back to back?

2- Why would Indian High Commission request to submit passport?

3- What else needs to stamped on a passport other than (VISA, PORT OF ENTRY/EXIT, LANDED DATE)?

4- FINALLY, what are the next steps in this process?

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. P.S- I am Canadian citizen!

Thank you all and good luck

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
I can answer one of your questions. Yes, it is normal to have medical and biometric requests sent at the same time. As for questions one & two, from what I’ve seen the passport stamping should come later, that’s not the next step. But, I’m really new to this so I’m unsure how that works everywhere. Everyone has a different case.

For your last question the typical timeline is AOR1, Biometrics, Medical, Sponsor Approval, File moves to VO, AOR2, BGC, Decision Made, PPR, COPR.... it can also happen in a different order for different people.

Hopefully someone else can clarify for you. Good luck.

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Thank you very much for the info...how many "decision made" do you see in the entire process? For me the order is as follows:
-submission
-application received confirmation
-DECISION MADE on the left and in process on the right side (online)
-Medical and Bio sent.

And there was a mistake in the email ID of my wife...ive sent the correct one to IRCC. How do I find out if the correction was made? Im very hesitant to contact IRCC as its still too soon in the process...

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Who advised her that her passport will be requested "soon"? Was it at the biometrics office? They have no access to PR application files and cannot comment on whether or not an application will be completed soon.

As for correcting emails, do it now. There is no problem with contacting them at any point to correct errors.

Reactions: xMrsBee

xMrsBee

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
22-08-2019
AOR Received.
21-09-2019
File Transfer...
30-10-2019
Med's Request
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Interview........
06/10/2020
You’ll eventually see two Decision Made. Right now it’s on the Sponsors side. Once the decision is made for the PA, you’ll get a Decision Made on the right as well.

They should eventually let you know they received the correction but as with everything else with IRCC you just have to wait lol. It’s just a big old frustrating waiting game. But, if it makes you feel better you can call to ask if they received the correction. I don’t think that would be an issue. Just be prepared to wait on the phone and probably not be told anything constructive lol.

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I have a representative and I asked if they can contact IRCC...They sent an email to IRCC with the correct email ID and that was it. If I contact directly and bypass the rep, will that be an issue? Sorry for the repeated question guys.

Jaymaticc

Sep 4, 2019
Just a few questions about the Inland vs Outland sponsorship process. I know via outland, if the application gets denied you can get an appeal. On the other hand with the Inland you cannot, does that mean you cannot sponsor your spouse again? is there a time frame of when you can or what? Also with Inland does that mean the applicant cannot leave Canada? What if their time is soon to be up, or will they have implied status?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a representative and I asked if they can contact IRCC...They sent an email to IRCC with the correct email ID and that was it. If I contact directly and bypass the rep, will that be an issue? Sorry for the repeated question guys.
Would give them 3-4 weeks to update the records if you want to follow-up.b Although things move quickly at the beginning it will usually still take 12 months. People see how quickly their file is moving initially and they assume they will receive approval soon. You will likely hear nothing for months at a time from now one.

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Just a few questions about the Inland vs Outland sponsorship process. I know via outland, if the application gets denied you can get an appeal. On the other hand with the Inland you cannot, does that mean you cannot sponsor your spouse again? is there a time frame of when you can or what? Also with Inland does that mean the applicant cannot leave Canada? What if their time is soon to be up, or will they have implied status?
Inland denials you can re apply.

They should generally not leave Canada. They must live in Canada. Short vacations seem to be tolerated but they may be denied re entry. If they apply for an OWP they get implied status.

Jaymaticc

Sep 4, 2019
Inland denials you can re apply.

They should generally not leave Canada. They must live in Canada. Short vacations seem to be tolerated but they may be denied re entry. If they apply for an OWP they get implied status.
Thanks for the reply k.h.p. Is there a certain amount of time you must wait to re apply? Also with a OWP is there only specific jobs you can work, what if you're unable to find a job?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for the reply k.h.p. Is there a certain amount of time you must wait to re apply? Also with a OWP is there only specific jobs you can work, what if you're unable to find a job?
An OWP is an Open Work Permit - you can work anywhere you like. If you are unable to find a job, that's on you - you initially have to show enough funds to support yourself and your wife. She would not qualify for social assistance yet, and any assistance she gets when she does qualify (within 3 years) would have to be repaid by you to the government.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It would depend on your reasons for rejection as to how soon you can reapply. You must address the reasons for rejection.

An open work permit is open. You typically are restricted from health care or child care jobs until you have medical clearance. You can apply to remove those conditions.

Not being able to find a job does not do anything. If you must take up welfare because you cannot find a job, that can cause problems because of the support undertaking.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for the info...how many "decision made" do you see in the entire process? For me the order is as follows:
-submission
-application received confirmation
-DECISION MADE on the left and in process on the right side (online)
-Medical and Bio sent.

And there was a mistake in the email ID of my wife...ive sent the correct one to IRCC. How do I find out if the correction was made? Im very hesitant to contact IRCC as its still too soon in the process...
There will be two Decision Mades. Second one indicates that a decision in the application has been made. First one (the one that you see) indicates the application is complete.

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Would give them 3-4 weeks to update the records if you want to follow-up.b Although things move quickly at the beginning it will usually still take 12 months. People see how quickly their file is moving initially and they assume they will receive approval soon. You will likely hear nothing for months at a time from now one.
Wanted to give an update...so I received the "Medical received" followed by an email to my lawyer stating that file has been moved to MISSISSAUGA VISA OFFICE. Is this where the waiting game starts?