+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my wife to come visit me

enimalx

May 18, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get a visitor visa for my wife from the Philippines so she can come visit me for her summer vacation this summer for 2 months. She is 21 years old and is currently studying for her 3rd year of BS in Computer science. She has one last year after this semester and I want her to come visit me and my parents this summer. We got married in the Philippines in April. I've attempted twice to obtain a visitor visa but was refused twice.

In my first application the reasons were:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I tried to fix my first application by becoming her husband (I wasn't yet during the first application), by having my parents co-sponsor with me her visit in case my savings of 50 000$ wasn't enough, and by buying her a 50 000 EUR medical insurance policy. I also added that she has a condo property under her name in the Philippines (which we didn't know about during the first application) and proof she receives financial support from her overseas-working father (I thought I would be eligible to sponsor her because I was her fiancé).

In my second application the reasons were:

• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I am going to apply for familial sponsorship soon. I could do it now, but I'm unsure if I should wait until I get back to Canada next week on May 27 first because I'm not sure how I can prove I intend to permanently reside in Canada after she obtains her permanent residency while I'm living abroad. How should I proceed to ensure my wife can come visit me in a little over a month? Her flight departure date is on June 26.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get a visitor visa for my wife from the Philippines so she can come visit me for her summer vacation this summer for 2 months. She is 21 years old and is currently studying for her 3rd year of BS in Computer science. She has one last year after this semester and I want her to come visit me and my parents this summer. We got married in the Philippines in April. I've attempted twice to obtain a visitor visa but was refused twice.

In my first application the reasons were:
"Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).",
"You do not have significant family ties outside Canada."
"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

I tried to fix my first application by becoming her husband (I wasn't yet during the first application), by having my parents co-sponsor with me her visit in case my savings of 30 000$ wasn't enough, and by buying her a 50 000 EUR medical insurance policy. I also added that she has a condo property under her name in the Philippines (which we didn't know about during the first application) and proof she receives financial support from her overseas-working father (I thought I would be eligible to sponsor her because I was her fiancé).

In my second application the reasons were:

"You have significant family ties in Canada."
"You do not have significant family ties outside Canada."
"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

I am going to apply for familial sponsorship soon. I could do it now, but I'm unsure if I should wait until I get back to Canada next week on May 27 first because I'm not sure how I can prove I intend to permanently reside in Canada after she obtains her permanent residency. How should I proceed to ensure my wife can come visit me in a little over a month? Her flight departure date is on June 26.
Your parents cannot co-sponsor your wife.

Unless she has a visa, she most likely won't be able to depart for Canada on June 26. What's your status in Canada, btw?

enimalx

May 18, 2024
Your parents cannot co-sponsor your wife.

Unless she has a visa, she most likely won't be able to depart for Canada on June 26. What's your status in Canada, btw?
I know. It was just in case my 50 000$ savings (I edited the original post. 30 000$ was what I showed for the first application) weren't enough to sponsor her visit.

I'm a Canadian citizen.