Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-6-2010
Med's Done....
04-25-2010
Hello People i got married recently and i`m in the process to put the application trough for my wife she is a cambodian and was denied visitor visas in the past 2 times to be more exactly there is a part in the application where you answer yes or no to question like was you a tourist visa and blah blah blah denied in the past and another question related to the same question. Have any of you experience like this will the fact that she got denied tourist visa 2 times slow down the process or affect in anyway ?

The first time she was coming to visit her sister, the second one to meet me in person last year. after this i decided to go to her country and i propose to her and marry her this happened on Valentine 2010.
what u guys think?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Not sure exactly why they ask that question, but she has to be honest about being refused. They have it in their records. If it makes you feel any better, it's not a deal breaker for permanent status. Most non-visa-exempt nationals are refused visit visas when they have a partner or spouse or romantic interest in Canada. There was no way she was ever going to get permission to come to Canada to meet a potential partner/spouse - so they'll be expecting her answer. What you have the opportunity to do now is prove that your relationship is genuine and not just a way for her to get into Canada. When she was applying for a temporary visa to come meet you, she had no ability to prove that she wasn't just trying to get into Canada and that's why she was refused.

drawoh

Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-6-2010
Med's Done....
04-25-2010
Thank you Rob for your reply the questions I`m taking about on the first page of the form IMM0008 (Question 9 to be more exactly 2nd and 3rd item). i heard that when you answer yes to any of those question the process gets delay really bad. i will explain that she did apply for visitor visa in 2 occasions and why she applied for the visas (Visit her sister(First Time) and Meet me(Second Time)) and that the visas were just simply refuse for whatever reason. I hope This doesn't take long time.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You have to answer these questions truthfully because the government has these files already and will check. Just explain why she applied for a TRV - her reasons are fine - and it shouldn't be a problem. The government views previous attempts to come to Canada as evidence that the applicant is more interested in Canada than in his or her spouse, but since one time she wanted to visit YOU, it will be OK.

drawoh

Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-6-2010
Med's Done....
04-25-2010
Thx. that's what i`m writting on a separate peace of paper. Just waiting for my marriage certificate to put the application and start the journey like most of us here. :D