+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my wife for the PR application

Anzgo993

May 10, 2021
Hi there,

I am trying to create an application for me and my wife, the thing is I got married using the power of attorney from my fiancé who lives in my country and I was not there physically will IRCC recognise this marriage as an official marriage as I have all the needed documents (Legal marriage certificate and the marriage contract ... etc).

I did that because of the current situation of the COVID and Travel restrictions.

Please adives and thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh thanks, if that is the case what are my options here should I apply as single or what should be done ?
also one more thing, I saw that on cic website that in case there was some travailing restrictions they could make some exceptions,
You aren’t married unless you can prove common law. As stated, “Couples who have been married by proxy who have been living together may have their relationship assessed to determine if it meets the requirements of a common-law relationship.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/legality.html

Does your partner have a visitor visa? If so you can apply and try and get written authorization to travel. Need to prove your relationship over the long term and show that a visit right now is essential (getting married is not essential).