+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my Peruvian wife to Canada

Boman744

May 19, 2010
Hey all..

I was browsing the net looking for information regarding the time of the sponsorship process and the application for permanent residency.

My wife, who is Peruvian, and I got married in Lima, Peru at the end of April. I have returned to Canada to start the sponsorship process (filling out forms, getting documents together etc). She is doing the same in Peru.

I'm just wondering as to how long the process is once she has sent all of her information to me and I've sent the entire package to the Case processing Center in Ontario. How long until I get my answer as to whether or not I'm fit to be a sponsor, and how long until she receives her Permanent Residency if approved?

Thank you so much for your time.. :)

Bo

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Boman744 said:
Hey all..

I was browsing the net looking for information regarding the time of the sponsorship process and the application for permanent residency.

My wife, who is Peruvian, and I got married in Lima, Peru at the end of April. I have returned to Canada to start the sponsorship process (filling out forms, getting documents together etc). She is doing the same in Peru.

I'm just wondering as to how long the process is once she has sent all of her information to me and I've sent the entire package to the Case processing Center in Ontario. How long until I get my answer as to whether or not I'm fit to be a sponsor, and how long until she receives her Permanent Residency if approved?

Thank you so much for your time.. :)

Bo
1. 63 days for approval/refusal at Missauga
2. 8-12 months on average for 80% of spousal applications at Lima

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
I got sponsored by my now common law under the conjugal partner category, sent everything on October 2008 and got approved the first week of march 2009, land on april the same year. No interview ir additional dcumentation required.

rollinsc

Aug 16, 2009
The Inside Canada part (Ontario) received my application April12, 2010...

It was sent to Lima, Peru on May 12th, 2010: apparently was 'received' by them on May 24th (diplomatic mail is that slow- really?) and it says online that they only started my application on June 3rd. They told me in an email I sent to them to be advised that the average processing time is 12 months.... I was also told a few months before when I was in Lima that all cases take 9 months. I then asked her if in different scenarios or cases, it would take longer or less time (such as: Immigrations Canada website says if you pay your whole fee up-front it could reduce time by 'months' or if they need interviews, etc.) and she said that it did not matter... Then the website says 8-12 months.. so honestly I am not sure how long it will take...

The office seems very indecisive and unorganized... as I had issues figuring out what certificate I needed for marriage. (The Canadian Immigrations office in Peru kept telling me I had to go to the Municipality for a "certificado de matrimonio" but the municipality had no idea what to give me- as this doesn't exist in Peru-and in the end I had to explain in various emails to Immigrations Canada about Reniec and the "Acta de Matrimonio"was actually the correct legal document I needed).

It also says on the website that the police check is only valid for 3 months, but when I emailed them about it a few days ago they said that its considered valid to them for a year.

Also, I am sponsoring my husband but am also his representative. So they said that they'll be sending ME all the information (through mail: all the way from Peru to Canada)... when I asked about if they would be sending my husband the information as well, i.e. if they would be contacting HIM for the interview, etc. since he is the sponsored person, they advised me that all communication would be done with me (the representative).. does this make sense? I understand I can represent him but this sounds ridiculous to me... I feel like asking them if they want me to go to the interview for him to. ha

This office is really frustrating me... let me know when you hear some more info from them...

Alykhan

May 12, 2011
Could you both update your situations. I recently got married in Lima in December, came back to Canada with everything prepared, sent our application to sponsor my Peruvian wife in January, got an answer that it had been accepted in Mississauga in late February and then received in Lima in March. Just yesterday, my wife who is in Lima right now while I am in Canada, got a letter saying that they have received her application and gave her a file number. It also said that it would likely take about 12 months..?? :eek: Is this accurate?

Thank you

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, that is a typical time. Some are done much faster, though - simple cases with good relationship proof. If they don't require an interview, that can speed up the processing time as well.

Chio

Mar 14, 2011
Hi, Im sponsoring my husband and he is from Peru, I send the application March 15 and got the letter saying I'm good to sponsor him and they send it to peru the next day and we haven't heard from them since then, It's been 4 month, is that normal ?? we don't know if they receive it or not ...
thank you

ella12

Aug 11, 2011
wow...it seems last year they started to work on the applications faster once received because my time line is close to ROLLINSC...APPl filed at Mississauga AUGUST 6, 2010...sent to Lima Sept 8, 2010 and it took them about 2 -3 weeks to start processing..We started to process your application on Sept 29, 2010...i guess this year its taking them longer ---> 4 months :|...

CHIO: your timeline is very close to ALYHKANS..his was received in March and just yesterday they gave his wife her file number..so maybe yours is coming soon...if i was you i would wait another 2 weeks and if you don't hear nothing by then email them

The processing times are difficult to determine...depends on how busy they are and how well your file is organized,,,the info. and documents you provide, what's missing and whats not...and also luck i think LOL...every case is different so we can't pin point a certain timeline...Mine will hit 12 months soon but my husband was in Canada previously and will need an ARC

L

limanoid

It's seems pretty slow Chio. I filed early September and got a response in early October. 2 weeks after, it arrived in Lima and 5 weeks after it had arrived in Peru, my husband received the AOR. Essentially it took just under 3 months from me sending the file to him getting the letter. Though it could be because the Lima office is slowing down. Like rollinsc mentioned, I had been told the same thing. In May 2010, they said it would take 9 months (or 8?) but then when I was about to get everything put together in late July, the same woman tells me it is 12 months. It appears they are becoming progressively slower!

Though he had applied for TRV (which failed) around the time he got the AOR letter as well as I had sent an email inquiring about whether they had received the package. One or both of those factors could have made them notice he hadn't been sent a letter.

Try emailing the embassy if you are concerned about your file!

Chio

Mar 14, 2011
Hi thank you for your answers :)

I e mail them last week but no answer yet :( .... how long do they take to answer the e mail ??? would it be faster if i call them ?

L

limanoid

The most it ever took me for a response was a week. Make sure you put the applicant's name, the file number, date of birth and full name in the email. Most of the time, I get a response within 3 days.

the email address is re-lima.immigration@international.gc.ca

I've never called since I am not in Lima. But when I was there, since I am a Canadian citizen, it was pretty easy to get in and asked them questions.

Chio said:
Hi thank you for your answers :)

I e mail them last week but no answer yet :( .... how long do they take to answer the e mail ??? would it be faster if i call them ?

Chio

Mar 14, 2011
Thanks ! I had the wrong e mail address :-[ , The file number is the same as the Kid number ??

L

limanoid

Actually, since you never got the confirmation that they received it, send the sponsor's Client ID number that you got when the sponsorship was accepted. It is 8 digits.

Chio

Mar 14, 2011
that's what I just did also I added my receipt number just in case. I sent all of my info and my husband's as well .... I hope they answer soon
Thank you for your help !

L

limanoid

No problem. :)
Goodluck.

Chio said:
that's what I just did also I added my receipt number just in case. I sent all of my info and my husband's as well .... I hope they answer soon
Thank you for your help !