+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my newborn son from Venezuela & Medical Exam

YPLO

Jun 17, 2010
Hello all,

Great news!!! My wife and I were recently blessed with a beautiful baby boy (in Venezuela). I was told on numerous occassions that I had to wait to submit my application until he was born.

I just recently found out that I could have sent it in a long time ago and simply added him, after he was born. :mad:

He was born with a birth defect on his left foot called Clubfoot. Other than that, my little champ is as healthy as can be.

I have a few questions:

1) Is it better to sponsor both him and my wife? OR
2) Should I apply for his Canadian Citizenship? ***I am a Canadian Citizen***

Provided he gets his citizenship (which I hear is quicker than the sponsorship process), will that support and/or speed up the sponsoship process for my wife? I know they don't like to separate the mother and son.

Also, my wife called her DMP for the Medical Exam, and they said they can only do the test based on the embassy's request. Is this true for Caracas?

Also, will a letter from the doctor stating my son's foot condition speed up the process?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
1) He inherits your citizenship, you don't need to sponsor him. Apply for his proof of citizenship.

2) Your son's obtaining his citizenship has little or no effect on the application for your wife's sponsorship. Feel free to include the information about his medical condition, but don't expect that it automatically means your wife will be given any kind of priority processing.

3) Check the Region Specific Guide for her country for instructions on the medical, it says she's to fill in the form and take it with her to the medical, which is normal procedure. Try another doctor, if possible.

YPLO

Jun 17, 2010
To apply for my son's Proof of Citizenship, it states the must be a Permanent Resident.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/minors.asp

My son is living with his mother in Venezuela.

Can someone lead me to the right application in this instance. Or is she required to contact the embassy or consular office in Caracas?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You are looking at the wrong application. That is an application for non-citizens to become citizens. He is already a citizen through you.

Information about proof of citizenship is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp

YPLO said:
To apply for my son's Proof of Citizenship, it states the must be a Permanent Resident.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/minors.asp

My son is living with his mother in Venezuela.

Can someone lead me to the right application in this instance. Or is she required to contact the embassy or consular office in Caracas?

SEVEN07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Caracas
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas-Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2011
AOR Received.
NOV 2011
File Transfer...
JAN 2012
Med's Done....
JUL 2011-JUL 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 2012
Hi im from venezuela my husband is canadian..I got my medical exam without the embassy asking that I did In clinica la floresta calling them and get the info..you must submitt the apendix C
congrats for the baby!!!! good luck all be great
let me know what is going on