+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my Korean wife for permanent residency

dbtmalex

Jan 12, 2015
tcbaek said:
Why is my husbands PR being processed in Ottawa and not Manila? Anyone know why? We are OUTLAND June 2015 applications?
Outland here as well. Submitted documents in late June.

I received an emailed notice in August that 1.) I have been approved as a sponsor and 2.) that the application has been moved to CPC-Ottawa as well instead of Manilla.

Unfortunately the notice they emailed us also said that our application has been transferred to Ottawa with the "deficiency" of not having the E-Medical Upfront form included with it. This was frustrating because the E-Medical Upfront form definitely was included with our documents, someone handling it must have misplaced it or it got stuck to the back of another paper and they didn't see it or something. I quickly sent another copy via a tracked package but nobody at CPC has replied to my email (going on 30 business days now) or confirmed that the E-Medical Upfront form has been added to our file.

Even though I have been approved as a sponsor according to the email in August, on the immigration status website the Sponsorship Application status is still listed as "In Process" with the last status update listing that they had received my application in July. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance to anyone with some insight to offer :)

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
So it looks like our file was sent to and received by the Manila office!

Just got the email today, and they are requesting two documents, and I have a question regarding one of them.

1. Original Police certificate (should be simple enough to get, not too worried about this)
2. Certificate of Entry and Exit issued by Korea Immigration Service.

I don't ever recall seeing anything like this in any of the documentation, so I'm going to assume we'll have to get it from...somewhere in Korea? Or is this something that the local Embassy here in Vancouver can assist us with?

I think I read here that the Police certificate + lapsed record can be obtained in English directly?
Is this the same with the Certificate of Entry?

Thanks,

buttersmom

Aug 21, 2015
jalee5225 said:
So it looks like our file was sent to and received by the Manila office!

Just got the email today, and they are requesting two documents, and I have a question regarding one of them.

1. Original Police certificate (should be simple enough to get, not too worried about this)

I don't ever recall seeing anything like this in any of the documentation, so I'm going to assume we'll have to get it from...somewhere in Korea? Or is this something that the local Embassy here in Vancouver can assist us with?

I think I read here that the Police certificate + lapsed record can be obtained in English directly?
Is this the same with the Certificate of Entry?

Thanks,

Hi As long as i know u can order Certificate of Entry and Exit online if u have authentication certificate (공인인증서) at minwon.go.kr
and it's called 출입국사실증명서. which show ur history of exit and enter South Korea . Both of documents are available in English also.

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
Actually, is there a time limit as to the "freshness" of a criminal record check? My wife had one done when she went back in May (just in case)...would that still be considered valid?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
criminal record check/certificate is only good for 6 month.
if she got on May, it will be expired in a month (oct.)

it is interesting VO request Certificate of Entry and Exit now.
I was not requested but I heard one of my acquaintance also requested same doc.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
jalee5225 said:
We were also asked for this, it's pretty common.

In our case we were living in Canada at the time, so my wife got her sister who lives in Korea to get the entry/exit on her behalf, and her sister then mailed it directly to the visa office. I think she just needed to send her a letter that gave her sister authorization to pick up that form on her behalf.

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
Rob_TO said:
We were also asked for this, it's pretty common.

In our case we were living in Canada at the time, so my wife got her sister who lives in Korea to get the entry/exit on her behalf, and her sister then mailed it directly to the visa office. I think she just needed to send her a letter that gave her sister authorization to pick up that form on her behalf.
Hmm good to know. Thanks!

How recent should the police background check be?

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
jalee5225 said:
Hmm good to know. Thanks!

How recent should the police background check be?
3 months

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
CanNZ said:
Actually there was a change this year to increase validity of police checks to 6 months: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Joeweed

Sep 13, 2015
Hi,

I have a question in what might be a minor detail on one of the forms...

In IMM 5481, section : Number of family and persons included in undertakings in effect and not yet in effect

7) says to add up all the members in 4,5,6

4) Myself = 1
5) all persons listed in number 3 of generic form (we have 4)
6) none
7) that makes 5... which is strange since there are only 4 people in my family (myself, wife, daughter, son).

Is it supposed to add up to more than the amount of your family members?

Thanks again

jalee5225

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
3/9/2016
LANDED..........
3/9/2016
Rob_TO said:
Actually there was a change this year to increase validity of police checks to 6 months: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
My wife had one done just in case back in May when she was last in Korea...that would bring us to just a little over a month before the 6 month window closes...

Should I risk sending the one that will expire in a month, or get a new one?

Chaemi

Sep 27, 2015
Can anyone answer which pages, if any we need to fill out in the "General Asia IMM 3907" Checklist?

It is so jumbled and blurring into other countries that I can't decipher what we need to fill out. Does this entire 22 page checklist/questionnaire need to be attached/filled out with the application?

We have the Document Checklist - Sponsor completed that has the section for "Sponsored Person and Family Members", is the General Asia needed ontop of that?

Also, what did everyone send their applications in? Box/large accordion envelope/regular bubble envelope? Is it okay to have multiple envelopes to organize evidence/sections of applications? I read on CiC they don't encourage multiple envelopes.

Thanks guys TT

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chaemi said:
Can anyone answer which pages, if any we need to fill out in the "General Asia IMM 3907" Checklist?

It is so jumbled and blurring into other countries that I can't decipher what we need to fill out. Does this entire 22 page checklist/questionnaire need to be attached/filled out with the application?

We have the Document Checklist - Sponsor completed that has the section for "Sponsored Person and Family Members", is the General Asia needed ontop of that?

Also, what did everyone send their applications in? Box/large accordion envelope/regular bubble envelope? Is it okay to have multiple envelopes to organize evidence/sections of applications? I read on CiC they don't encourage multiple envelopes.

Thanks guys TT
you do not need to fill out the form but you need to get these docs from that form .

For nationals of Korea:

• Family Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English of your Family Relation Certificate. This document should have been recently issued.
• Marriage Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English
• Old (deleted) Family Census Register and one certified true translation into French or English

this is forms you need to fill out for outland app
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate

you do not need to fill out the form for representative(if you are doing by yourself)
you might wanna write answer on separate sheets of papers for some of questions.

I put all forms and docs in order (from Checklist) and photos in clear plastic bag from photo print store.
Then put all in brown envelop and finally put the envelop in bubble envelop (in case of it has water damage during delivery) .
mailed it by registered mail from Korea post.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Joeweed said:
5) all persons listed in number 3 of generic form (we have 4)
No, the answer to #3 in generic form is 1. This is the form the applicant fills out, so it's only the applicant that goes here. "Inlcuding you" refers to the primary applicant.

Your children are already Canadian citizens, so they are not being sponsored and are not considered part of the application and don't need to do medicals.

So for sponsor evaluation you will have
4 - 1 (you)
5a - 1 (primary applicant)
6b - 2 (your 2 Canadian children)
Total is 4. This is all not too important anyways though, as there is no financial requirement to meet for spousal sponsorship.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
jalee5225 said:
My wife had one done just in case back in May when she was last in Korea...that would bring us to just a little over a month before the 6 month window closes...

Should I risk sending the one that will expire in a month, or get a new one?
Technically it should be fine as long as it's received by CIC while it's within the 6 months validity.

Why are they asking for it now? Did you not include in the original application?