none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
steveohan said:
My wife's status on ECAS has changed to Decision Made! We did not receive an email asking for pictures though, which seems to be pretty common. However we were requested in May to send Manila a copy of Appendix A.

Any chance the Decision Made could be negative? Trying not to get too excited until I see the hard copy COPR in my hands...
Like you say, you never know until you get the COPR, but if you've had no issues to date with your application I'm guessing you've been approved.

steveohan

Dec 3, 2014
COPR arrived in the mail today! The whole process took 8 months. Thanks to all that have contributed in this thread. It was an invaluable resource! Thanks, and good luck!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Congratulations

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Been a while since I posted on here, and since many of our spouses arrived in Canada, was just curious to see how have your spouses adjusted to life in Canada. My wife has done well, I think, within a month of getting her PR, she started working and is very happy here.

tcbaek

May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2015
AOR Received.
2015-07-25
File Transfer...
2015-08-27
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Why is my husbands PR being processed in Ottawa and not Manila? Anyone know why? We are OUTLAND June 2015 applications?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After you are approved as a sponsor, his file would transfer to Manila.
Did you get a email or mail that you are approved?

Then, you or your husband would get email that his file transferred to Manila.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
CanNZ said:
Been a while since I posted on here, and since many of our spouses arrived in Canada, was just curious to see how have your spouses adjusted to life in Canada. My wife has done well, I think, within a month of getting her PR, she started working and is very happy here.
My wife's been here a couple years now and doing well. She doesn't work, just stays home and bakes cookies, which hasn't done much for my waistline. I think she's had no trouble adjusting to life here except she's always complaining that it's too cold (even when it's sweltering).

Joeweed

Sep 13, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian male who has been living in Korea for 10 years and has been married to a Korean woman for over six years. We have two children (4 and 2) who have Canadian citizenship and their cards. We have finally decided to move to Canada for the sake of our children and are really dreading the process we are about to undertake. I guess I (we) will need to sponsor her for permanent residency. We really don't know where to start. We saw the 4 Korean documents that need to be translated and notarized but that's about it.

Could someone kindly help me with where it is I should get started or what applications I should be doing first? We are hoping to get back next year mid-August. Thanks and i can't tell you how much of a relief it has been just to find the existence of this forum.

Thanks

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joeweed said:
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian male who has been living in Korea for 10 years and has been married to a Korean woman for over six years. We have two children (4 and 2) who have Canadian citizenship and their cards. We have finally decided to move to Canada for the sake of our children and are really dreading the process we are about to undertake. I guess I (we) will need to sponsor her for permanent residency. We really don't know where to start. We saw the 4 Korean documents that need to be translated and notarized but that's about it.

Could someone kindly help me with where it is I should get started or what applications I should be doing first? We are hoping to get back next year mid-August. Thanks and i can't tell you how much of a relief it has been just to find the existence of this forum.

Thanks
Not sure if you apply for inland or outland.

for inland app. - you and your wife have to stay in Canada to apply . take longer than outland processing.
for outland app- shorter processing time, you can apply as fast as you can.

for outland app. you need
or nationals of Korea:

• Family Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English of your Family Relation Certificate. This document should have been recently issued.
• Marriage Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English
• Old (deleted) Family Census Register and one certified true translation into French or English
-가족 관계증명서, 결혼 증명서, 호적 등본, 범죄경력 증명서 (police record check cert.- you can get in English at police station)

beside police check (only good for 6 month) , all docs are good for a year- so you can get right before you send app.

and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp (link for outland application form, you do not need part 3. and do not need some forms from part 1 and 2 )

Think you should decide if you apply for inland or outland first.
then start to fill forms (you have to fill a lot of forms and kinda of essay etc)
since you are in Korea, it would not take a lot of time to get all docs (translate/notarize).
you can do medical before you send app. (Medical is also good for a year)

P.s I know it sounds complicated and kinda overwhelming to do all thing.
but you would know what you need when you start to prepare all docs.

Good luck.

steveohan

Dec 3, 2014
Joeweed said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Having just finished up the application process this year, I would give the following advice for someone beginning the process:

1. Read the guide first:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

2. Read the Country specific instructions for South Korea:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

3. Download the forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp

4. Start at Page 1 of this thread, and read every single post. No joke. It's going to take you a few hours, and I even did it twice! There is so much useful information in this thread, I made pages of notes to help me through the applications process.

5. Start filling out the forms. Post questions in this thread when you have them. There are loads of genuinely good people in this thread, and someone will answer your question pretty quickly.

Good luck!

Joeweed

Sep 13, 2015
Hi,

Thanks Floomy and Steve. I'll get started with your instructions. We do have a "Report and Certificate of Marriage" with a seal of the Consulate of Canada if that is usable (?). For some reason I thought that since we had two children they'd just push my wife through haha. Thanks again.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
floomy said:
Not sure if you apply for inland or outland.

for inland app. - you and your wife have to stay in Canada to apply . take longer than outland processing.
for outland app- shorter processing time, you can apply as fast as you can.

for outland app. you need
or nationals of Korea:

• Family Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English of your Family Relation Certificate. This document should have been recently issued.
• Marriage Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English
• Old (deleted) Family Census Register and one certified true translation into French or English
-가족 관계증명서, 결혼 증명서, 호적 등본, 범죄경력 증명서 (police record check cert.- you can get in English at police station)

beside police check (only good for 6 month) , all docs are good for a year- so you can get right before you send app.
do you only needs these documents if applying outland or for inland as well?

olololox

Mar 28, 2013
When applying for the criminal records check, does it need to be translated while still in Korea, or can it be translated here in Canada?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olololox said:
When applying for the criminal records check, does it need to be translated while still in Korea, or can it be translated here in Canada?
Police record check/certificate is available in English at the police station.
ask to get in English when you get it.