App. Filed.......
November 3, 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
December 2, 2016
Med's Done....
September 26, 2016
Hello everyone ! I have another question. As I was filling out my employment history I had to contact my first employer and ask for my start date because I do not have it written down anywhere. She said she would find out but was unable to. However, as I got thinking I realised I was in middle school when I started this job and stopped working there a few years after I started university. I never filed taxes when I was in middle school because I never made enough money. I worked there from 2006-2013 part-time. I only started filing in 2011 when I started university.

My question is: do I still need to write this job down even though I didn't file for taxes and do not know the exact date that I started working? I could provide printouts of my tax information slips from the CRA for the years 2006-2010??

Any insight as to what I should do? I already have my Option C printout but am worried if I leave off my first job or put my start date as when I first filed for taxes it would cause suspicion. Thank you so much ! (I hope this makes sense)

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arianaanger said:
Hello everyone ! I have another question. As I was filling out my employment history I had to contact my first employer and ask for my start date because I do not have it written down anywhere. She said she would find out but was unable to. However, as I got thinking I realised I was in middle school when I started this job and stopped working there a few years after I started university. I never filed taxes when I was in middle school because I never made enough money. I worked there from 2006-2013 part-time. I only started filing in 2011 when I started university.

My question is: do I still need to write this job down even though I didn't file for taxes and do not know the exact date that I started working? I could provide printouts of my tax information slips from the CRA for the years 2006-2010??

Any insight as to what I should do? I already have my Option C printout but am worried if I leave off my first job or put my start date as when I first filed for taxes it would cause suspicion. Thank you so much ! (I hope this makes sense)

only need to mention job/school you have since you are 18 yr old.
so no need to mention your job in middle/high school.

Arianaanger

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 3, 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
December 2, 2016
Med's Done....
September 26, 2016
floomy said:
only need to mention job/school you have since you are 18 yr old.
so no need to mention your job in middle/high school.
Thank you very much!

I have one last question before we send in our application. On the document checklist for proof of employment does my husband need to send in an original letter from his employer stating his period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week? His document would obviously be in Korean so we would have to have it translated. Does he need this document though?

Thanks in advance for the help ! :)

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arianaanger said:
Thank you very much!

I have one last question before we send in our application. On the document checklist for proof of employment does my husband need to send in an original letter from his employer stating his period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week? His document would obviously be in Korean so we would have to have it translated. Does he need this document though?

Thanks in advance for the help ! :)
if he is sending the letter from his current work, then recommend to send both original and translated copies ( no need to notarized).

if it is from his old/previous works, don't think he need to send any letter to CIC.

hope it helps.

erical

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
Hi,

Does anyone currently have an application being processed or that was recently processed in Manila? They seem to be going a lot faster these days so I'm curious what your experiences have been like.

danby_ll

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
SA 07-09-2016 / AOR2 14-09-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Passport Req..
12-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2017
erical said:
Hi,

Does anyone currently have an application being processed or that was recently processed in Manila? They seem to be going a lot faster these days so I'm curious what your experiences have been like.
Mine's being processed through Manila (as is everyone's from Korea) and was sent later than yours so I don't know how long it's going to take. But I have been checking some other threads and some Manila applicants who applied in March and April have already received PR. It seems like it's taking around 6-7 months these days, which is exciting!

mrkeuriseu

Mar 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
21-05-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-11-2016
LANDED..........
10-10-2016
danby_ll said:
Mine's being processed through Manila (as is everyone's from Korea) and was sent later than yours so I don't know how long it's going to take. But I have been checking some other threads and some Manila applicants who applied in March and April have already received PR. It seems like it's taking around 6-7 months these days, which is exciting!
I applied from Korea in May for my Korean spouse. It got forwarded to Ottawa, not manila. November 3 will be the six month mark. My ecas status is DM, but no correspondence from them yet. Hopefully, they're sending the COPR..

Kirkman85

Apr 26, 2016
Hey all,

Sent my stuff off September 1 of this year, got the AOR around the first of October. Got the transfer to manila notification around the 17th and got the arrival in Manila notice today. Are things moving a lot faster these days or am I getting my hopes up?

The email we received today was pretty general, stating the things that SHOULD be in the application package and that we have 30 days to send in anything we have not included but they didn't say if anything was actually missing so I am assuming this was a generic email.

If you are missing something, are they quite direct and obvious about it in correspondence?

Final question: does anyone have a link to the spreadsheet with everyone's processing times? I would love to have a look at what the processing time is like in 2016.

Cheers

eqtrend

Nov 2, 2016
Hello All

Recently I have send in application(inbound) to sponsor my Korean wife for PR via mail, (Sent in Oct 15 2016) now Nov1st. I still have not recieved any confirmation from CIC that they have received my application. How long does it usually take for them to respond? Alternatively is there any phone number i can call?

Thx
Eqtrend

erical

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
eqtrend said:
Hello All

Recently I have send in application(inbound) to sponsor my Korean wife for PR via mail, (Sent in Oct 15 2016) now Nov1st. I still have not recieved any confirmation from CIC that they have received my application. How long does it usually take for them to respond? Alternatively is there any phone number i can call?

Thx
Eqtrend
I received confirmation a little over two weeks after I sent the package. You can call CIC and check at +1 613 944 4000.

mr.canada55

Nov 15, 2016
Permanent Residency Card

Hi everyone,

This forum has been extremely helpful in getting our application filled out. We are close to having both sponsor and immigration forms filled out.
I was wondering if most of you also send the Permanent Residency Card application along as well or is that something that needs to be done at later date?

Also, are there photos required to be sent for applicant for the regular immigration forms?

Thank you so much for any help!

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you fill out pr card application form when you are approved PR.

you need to fill out all forms on check list (regional check list for outland app)

GreyWolf88

Oct 8, 2016
I'm also a Canadian who is currently working and living in Korea, trying to finish an application for Permanent Residency for my wife, under the Family Class Sponsorship.

My question is: What should I do about the requirement for the "Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year"?

I have no ties to Canada & no income from Canada in the past 4+ years (i.e. I am a non-resident), so I don't even have to file my taxes. I have confirmed this with the CRA.

What then do I submit with the application? My last Notice of Assessment from when I still lived in Canada, or no NoA and just a letter explaining my situation?

Arianaanger

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 3, 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
December 2, 2016
Med's Done....
September 26, 2016
Hello all,

I have a question regarding address changes. My application to sponsor my husband (Korean) was approved and we have been notified that Manila now has our documents and are processing them. When we filed our application we were living in Korea and so our address was the apartment we were living in; however, he changed his address to his parents house as we moved out of our apartment in preparation for moving to Canada. We are currently in Canada visiting my family for 3 months but decided that instead of going back to Korea we will just wait it out in Canada. How do we go about updating our address and should we update it to his parents house in Korea or to our address in Canada? I couldn't find the exact address to contact in regards to changing our address outside of Canada (Manila office). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

zergcraft

Aug 26, 2014
Hi Guys,

My partner just got her landing notice and we are currently living in Canada (her being on visitor visa)

just a question though:

i saw that Koreans need an eta to come to canada, so does that mean korea fits under the category for submitting the original passport to CiC? or will photocopies suffice?

Thanks!