+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my Filipino husband who is currently working in Saudi Arabia

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
Hello everyone I'm new here and been trying to search a topic related to my case, this seems the one.. I am a permanent resident and would like to sponsor my spouse which is a filipino citizen working in qatar. Although we started all the papers I am still confused on how after the application is given how is he going to receive forms from a visa office in abu dhabi or in manila? any other successful pointers as though we are very recently married. Please help. Any advice is welcome.

lirabells

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
[AOR2] 20-09-2016
File Transfer...
[SA] 13-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-11-2016 (not received) / 13-12-2016 (resent)
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2016
aerchan said:
Hello everyone I'm new here and been trying to search a topic related to my case, this seems the one.. I am a permanent resident and would like to sponsor my spouse which is a filipino citizen working in qatar. Although we started all the papers I am still confused on how after the application is given how is he going to receive forms from a visa office in abu dhabi or in manila? any other successful pointers as though we are very recently married. Please help. Any advice is welcome.
Hi,

I see that you are replying from an old thread. But, based on what I've been seeing from other applicants and based on the responses above, your husband's application will be forwarded to Manila Visa Office (considering that he is a Filipino citizen) after your sponsorship application has been approved my CPC-Mississauga. If everything goes well and his PR application has been approved and he's still in Qatar during that time, he will then be asked to submit his passport to the visa office closest to him.

Hope this helps!

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
lirabells said:
Hi,

I see that you are replying from an old thread. But, based on what I've been seeing from other applicants and based on the responses above, your husband's application will be forwarded to Manila Visa Office (considering that he is a Filipino citizen) after your sponsorship application has been approved my CPC-Mississauga. If everything goes well and his PR application has been approved and he's still in Qatar during that time, he will then be asked to submit his passport to the visa office closest to him.

Hope this helps!

@lirabells thank you so much.. is there anything else I need to do or tips about proving our relationship? we've known each other for a very long time but we never realy dated because he works in qatar while i was in canada...we went home april 2013 and saw each other we remained friends because at that time im 20 and he was 26... we had our on and off communication because of our work and time diff. some of our chat logs and messages are gone because of both of us changing/ losing our phones and social media accounts..april 2016 comes as we both promised to each other to come home at the same time we finally talked about getting serious in our relationship, turning 24 that timeas he was waiting for me to mature and actually decide wether or not we should take it to another level so i answered yes because i am ready.. we are both very private so we kept our relationship a secret until i decided to meet his dad and other family members when he said he couldnt come home around april instead he comes home dec. for his only sister's wedding.. i was about to leave sept. but i cancelled my flight and waited for him as he said he would try to get a 2 month vacation starting nov... at last he came home after a long wait..and as we are about to sleep after a long travel from the airport he knelt on one knee and asked if we could get married..We waited too long for this and i said yes...we processed the papers and got a january 11 because a lot of people are getting married around january...note he is leaving january 13..which is the hardest part for me.. idk guys i need some help on how to start this proof of relationship how to actually make the cic officer to approve of our relationship.. my mom couldn't come home during the civil wed but my other relatives and guardian is there.

lirabells

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
[AOR2] 20-09-2016
File Transfer...
[SA] 13-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-07-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2016
aerchan said:
@lirabells thank you so much.. is there anything else I need to do or tips about proving our relationship? we've known each other for a very long time but we never realy dated because he works in qatar while i was in canada...we went home april 2013 and saw each other we remained friends because at that time im 20 and he was 26... we had our on and off communication because of our work and time diff. some of our chat logs and messages are gone because of both of us changing/ losing our phones and social media accounts..april 2016 comes as we both promised to each other to come home at the same time we finally talked about getting serious in our relationship, turning 24 that timeas he was waiting for me to mature and actually decide wether or not we should take it to another level so i answered yes because i am ready.. we are both very private so we kept our relationship a secret until i decided to meet his dad and other family members when he said he couldnt come home around april instead he comes home dec. for his only sister's wedding.. i was about to leave sept. but i cancelled my flight and waited for him as he said he would try to get a 2 month vacation starting nov... at last he came home after a long wait..and as we are about to sleep after a long travel from the airport he knelt on one knee and asked if we could get married..We waited too long for this and i said yes...we processed the papers and got a january 11 because a lot of people are getting married around january...note he is leaving january 13..which is the hardest part for me.. idk guys i need some help on how to start this proof of relationship how to actually make the cic officer to approve of our relationship.. my mom couldn't come home during the civil wed but my other relatives and guardian is there.
Hi aerchan,

Do you have some old photos of you and your husband? You can use the stamps on your passports as proof that you've seen each other back in 2013. If you still have the old itinerary/ies (which are sent thru email nowadays), then you could have that as proof as well. You may also explain that older messages were not possible to be retrieved. I believe CIC sets some limits already when it comes to the proof of relationship being provided, so focus on quality over quantity. :)

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
lirabells said:
Hi aerchan,

Do you have some old photos of you and your husband? You can use the stamps on your passports as proof that you've seen each other back in 2013. If you still have the old itinerary/ies (which are sent thru email nowadays), then you could have that as proof as well. You may also explain that older messages were not possible to be retrieved. I believe CIC sets some limits already when it comes to the proof of relationship being provided, so focus on quality over quantity. :)

Thank you mam unfortunately we don't really have pictures of me and my husband back in 2013 as we only met up a couple times because we are both busy on our own families and we never really thought about taking pictures of us together as both of us were not into selfies...however we do have boarding passes and stamps .. our conversation from 2016 up to the date we saw each other again we have lots of proof like phone logs etc.. never really thought about how important our old messages were.. is it still ok if we only provide for the time we actually started exclusively dating? im not really sure about the sponsorship as it is my first time... im still here in the phil. changing my address as we both lived at his house since he came home.. so idk if this is a good start or what.. i appreciate ur help.. thank you..

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
neng23 said:
Hello guys please I need your advises, ideas and opinion pertaining to sponsoring my husband who is currently working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Could it be possible to sponsor him while his working in Saudi? Or does it really necessary for him to go back to the Philippines and submit the applications to Canadian Embassy in Manila?
Could it be possible to submit his application at Canadian Embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Thank you much for your help guys... Please send me link of any information pertaining to this. Thanks again.

Hi mam I was just wondering how your application was? Did you successfully sponsor your spouse? how did all the process go?

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
SA : December 20th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes. He could have only been in the country for 1 day and apply through that office, as long as the visa if for at least a year.

Actually it depends. I am a Pakistani national living legally in UAE for 8 months when my application was filed. I have a 2 year work visa of UAE. However, my file was still sent to London Visa Office because all pakistani nationals files are sent to LVO regardless of where they reside or how long their visa is valid for. Could be the same for filipinos.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
harisyaqoob said:
Actually it depends. I am a Pakistani national living legally in UAE for 8 months when my application was filed. I have a 2 year work visa of UAE. However, my file was still sent to London Visa Office because all pakistani nationals files are sent to LVO regardless of where they reside or how long their visa is valid for. Could be the same for filipinos.
You do realize you are responding to a post from Feb 2014? At that time, there was still a question on IMM0008 asking sponsor and applicant to choose either the VO of residence or the VO of nationality. That option was removed later in 2014.

The vast majority of apps are now sent to the VO of nationality.

lirabells

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
[AOR2] 20-09-2016
File Transfer...
[SA] 13-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-07-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2016
aerchan said:
Thank you mam unfortunately we don't really have pictures of me and my husband back in 2013 as we only met up a couple times because we are both busy on our own families and we never really thought about taking pictures of us together as both of us were not into selfies...however we do have boarding passes and stamps .. our conversation from 2016 up to the date we saw each other again we have lots of proof like phone logs etc.. never really thought about how important our old messages were.. is it still ok if we only provide for the time we actually started exclusively dating? im not really sure about the sponsorship as it is my first time... im still here in the phil. changing my address as we both lived at his house since he came home.. so idk if this is a good start or what.. i appreciate ur help.. thank you..
You may definitely use your old boarding passes and passport stamps as proofs. As for the photos and old messages, I would suggest explaining that part on your "narrative" (I'm not sure if there is still a portion on the new application kit where you can write more details about your relationship, but if there is, you better write that down :) ). I'm just concerned that they might be asking for more evidences supporting your claim (the happenings from 2013) later on, so it's better to let them know early. :) Others have been providing notarized statements from family/friends as supporting documents as well.

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
lirabells said:
You may definitely use your old boarding passes and passport stamps as proofs. As for the photos and old messages, I would suggest explaining that part on your "narrative" (I'm not sure if there is still a portion on the new application kit where you can write more details about your relationship, but if there is, you better write that down :) ). I'm just concerned that they might be asking for more evidences supporting your claim (the happenings from 2013) later on, so it's better to let them know early. :) Others have been providing notarized statements from family/friends as supporting documents as well.
Again I thank you for replying and yes we are currently asking friends and the my brother in law who introduced us for letters to prove that we are introduced as for pictures back then we never really thought it was necessary for us to take any as we are only just friends.. my husband is writing a arrative should i write one too? he is also wondering ifhe should change the status through the phil embassy first before applying all the documents bec. he is still in qatar at this time...

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
SA : December 20th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
canuck_in_uk said:
You do realize you are responding to a post from Feb 2014? At that time, there was still a question on IMM0008 asking sponsor and applicant to choose either the VO of residence or the VO of nationality. That option was removed later in 2014.

The vast majority of apps are now sent to the VO of nationality.
Oops my bad. Just checked the date. Thanks for the info :)

bukayo

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 18-11-2016 AOR2 28-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2016
aerchan said:
Hi mam I was just wondering how your application was? Did you successfully sponsor your spouse? how did all the process go?
Hi aerchan! Your inbox is full. I can't send PM to you.

May 30, 2018
Hi aerchan! Your inbox is full. I can't send PM to you.
Hello dear, can you post your result to this thread so that people who are in same path like you could see the results.. please let us know where did the application got processed finally? Thank you in advance.