June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
Hello guys please I need your advises, ideas and opinion pertaining to sponsoring my husband who is currently working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Could it be possible to sponsor him while his working in Saudi? Or does it really necessary for him to go back to the Philippines and submit the applications to Canadian Embassy in Manila?
Could it be possible to submit his application at Canadian Embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Thank you much for your help guys... Please send me link of any information pertaining to this. Thanks again.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
neng23 said:
Hello guys please I need your advises, ideas and opinion pertaining to sponsoring my husband who is currently working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Could it be possible to sponsor him while his working in Saudi? Or does it really necessary for him to go back to the Philippines and submit the applications to Canadian Embassy in Manila?
Could it be possible to submit his application at Canadian Embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Thank you much for your help guys... Please send me link of any information pertaining to this. Thanks again.
Mabuhay neng23,

Yes it's possible to sponsor your husband (outland, though) even while he's working in Saudi. He can be anywhere in the world. No need to go back to the Philippines. And even if he were in the Philippines, the application (which will have to be outland) wouldn't have to be submitted to the Canadian embassy in Manila anyway -- it would have to be submitted to the Case Processing Centre at Mississauga, ON.

But here's the thing, an outland application consists of 2 parts: the sponsor's part and the applicant's part. (In your case, you're the sponsor, and your husband is the applicant). After CPC-Mississauga is done assessing your part, they'll forward the entire application to the foreign visa office that you guys indicated in the application. Since your husband is Filipino (he is, right?) he would have to choose Manila as the processing office.
HOWEVER...if I remember correctly, if an applicant has lived in another country legally for at least 1 year, he/she will be able to choose the office that's responsible for processing applications from applicants of that country.

For instance: the Canadian visa office responsible for processing Saudi Arabian people's PR application is located in Abu Dhabi.

The question is: has your husband been (legally) in Saudi Arabia for at least 1 year? If so, then he may be able to choose Abu Dhabi as the processing office. I'll let the more senior members clarify.

Also, be aware that if he's been living in Saudi Arabia for more than 6 months, he'll also have to get a police clearance from the Saudi Arabian authorities. And of course, a police clearance from the Filipino authorities too.

Hope that helps :)

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
fandv said:
Mabuhay neng23,

Yes it's possible to sponsor your husband (outland, though) even while he's working in Saudi. He can be anywhere in the world. No need to go back to the Philippines. And even if he were in the Philippines, the application (which will have to be outland) wouldn't have to be submitted to the Canadian embassy in Manila anyway -- it would have to be submitted to the Case Processing Centre at Mississauga, ON.

But here's the thing, an outland application consists of 2 parts: the sponsor's part and the applicant's part. (In your case, you're the sponsor, and your husband is the applicant). After CPC-Mississauga is done assessing your part, they'll forward the entire application to the foreign visa office that you guys indicated in the application. Since your husband is Filipino (he is, right?) he would have to choose Manila as the processing office.
HOWEVER...if I remember correctly, if an applicant has lived in another country legally for at least 1 year, he/she will be able to choose the office that's responsible for processing applications from applicants of that country.

For instance: the Canadian visa office responsible for processing Saudi Arabian people's PR application is located in Abu Dhabi.

The question is: has your husband been (legally) in Saudi Arabia for at least 1 year? If so, then he may be able to choose Abu Dhabi as the processing office. I'll let the more senior members clarify.

Also, be aware that if he's been living in Saudi Arabia for more than 6 months, he'll also have to get a police clearance from the Saudi Arabian authorities. And of course, a police clearance from the Filipino authorities too.

Hope that helps :)

Hello fandv
Maraming Maraming salamat for the info :) thank you very much :) so it's just fine to continue his work in Saudi Arabia ? No need for him to resign and back to the Philippines just to wait for the approval right? I'm just worried if the Cabadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi will ask to submit his passport for visa ,does it take more than a month to return his visa to my husband? I believe the HR in their company doesn't allow their passport to be borrowed for more than 2 months.
Is there any advise that you share? Thank you soo much fandv I really appreciate your response.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
neng23 said:
Hello fandv
Maraming Maraming salamat for the info :) thank you very much :) so it's just fine to continue his work in Saudi Arabia ? No need for him to resign and back to the Philippines just to wait for the approval right? I'm just worried if the Cabadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi will ask to submit his passport for visa ,does it take more than a month to return his visa to my husband? I believe the HR in their company doesn't allow their passport to be borrowed for more than 2 months.
Is there any advise that you share? Thank you soo much fandv I really appreciate your response.
Glad to help! :)

Yes that's right.....he can continue working in Saudi Arabia while waiting for a decision to be made on his PR application. No need for him to resign and go back to the Philippines.

However I have no idea at all as to how long it takes for the Abu Dhabi visa office to return the passport since it was requested. It's really up to each individual visa officer's discretion to decide when to return the passport....some people have theirs returned in 2-3 weeks, some have it returned in 2 months or even more, so I really can't predict the timeline =(.

But it's really strange.....how come your husband's company's HR gets to decide how long his passport can be "borrowed"? I thought your husband is the one who's supposed to retain his own passport? Why would his company retain his passport?

Something to consider: getting a PR means that your husband would have to resign from the company anyway (for obvious reason -- moving to Canada! lol) So if he got in trouble and somehow got fired, it wouldn't matter anyway, would it.......unless he plans to stay working (for whatever reasons) for a few more months since getting his visa.

When your husband sends his passport (once requested), he can include a letter (addressed to the Abu Dhabi visa office), stating that he wishes for the passport to be returned as soon as possible, preferably in less than 2 months. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth trying...... =)

shercel

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CE-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 03-2013
AOR Received.
May 28-2013
File Transfer...
May 30-2013 - CEM received June 11, 2013
Med's Done....
April 08-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Nov. 14-2013 - Sent: Nov. 23,2013 - CEM received - Nov. 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
neng23 said:

I am currently working here in Riyadh K.S.A and still waiting for my visa, May 2013 applicant, Visa Office Manila, Passport request Nov. 23 and ECAS changed to In Process last Dec. 10, 2013. :) :)

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
fandv said:
Glad to help! :)

Yes that's right.....he can continue working in Saudi Arabia while waiting for a decision to be made on his PR application. No need for him to resign and go back to the Philippines.

However I have no idea at all as to how long it takes for the Abu Dhabi visa office to return the passport since it was requested. It's really up to each individual visa officer's discretion to decide when to return the passport....some people have theirs returned in 2-3 weeks, some have it returned in 2 months or even more, so I really can't predict the timeline =(.

But it's really strange.....how come your husband's company's HR gets to decide how long his passport can be "borrowed"? I thought your husband is the one who's supposed to retain his own passport? Why would his company retain his passport?

Something to consider: getting a PR means that your husband would have to resign from the company anyway (for obvious reason -- moving to Canada! lol) So if he got in trouble and somehow got fired, it wouldn't matter anyway, would it.......unless he plans to stay working (for whatever reasons) for a few more months since getting his visa.

When your husband sends his passport (once requested), he can include a letter (addressed to the Abu Dhabi visa office), stating that he wishes for the passport to be returned as soon as possible, preferably in less than 2 months. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth trying...... =)
Thanks again fandv for the additional info about my inquiry :)

About my husbands passport, it's really like that in Saudi Arabia you have to surrender your passport to your company's HR in exchanged of Saudi ID called as IQAMA ... You can borrow your passport but I think not more than 2 mos.
anyway, once I submitted all the pertinent documents to CPC- Misassauga, Ontario, any idea what will happen next? Is there any documents me/ my husband needed to submit at Canadiam Embassy in Abu Dhabi?

Thanks again fandv...hope you will not get irritated if I have lots of questions. I'm just so worried ,confused and trying to figure out what's the best things to do in sponsorship processes for my husband.
Bless your heart .....

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
fandv said:

Just to clarify, a person doesn't need to have resided in a country for a year. They only need to have been legally admitted for at least a year.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
Just to clarify, a person doesn't need to have resided in a country for a year. They only need to have been legally admitted for at least a year.
Oh okay...legally admitted, meaning, for instance, having a work permit that's valid for a year, for example...? So the person doesn't necessarily have to be physically present in the country?

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
neng23 said:
anyway, once I submitted all the pertinent documents to CPC- Misassauga, Ontario, any idea what will happen next? Is there any documents me/ my husband needed to submit at Canadiam Embassy in Abu Dhabi?

Thanks again fandv...hope you will not get irritated if I have lots of questions. I'm just so worried ,confused and trying to figure out what's the best things to do in sponsorship processes for my husband.
Bless your heart .....
No, nothing else for you to submit to the Canadian embassy at Abu Dhabi...once you've sent the application package to Mississauga, you can just sit and wait. After you've been approved to sponsor your husband, they'll then forward the application to whichever visa office your husband chose......either Manila or Abu Dhabi (that's assuming he's eligible to apply through Abu Dhabi).

Oh that's fine...I was once in your shoes...you can ask us as many questions as possible... ;D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
fandv said:
Oh okay...legally admitted, meaning, for instance, having a work permit that's valid for a year, for example...? So the person doesn't necessarily have to be physically present in the country?
They need to be residing in the country with a visa that is valid for at least a year.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
They need to be residing in the country with a visa that is valid for at least a year.
Okay so even if he's been in the country for less than a year, that's still fine as long as the visa is valid for at least 1 year?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
fandv said:
Okay so even if he's been in the country for less than a year, that's still fine as long as the visa is valid for at least 1 year?
Yes. He could have only been in the country for 1 day and apply through that office, as long as the visa if for at least a year.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes. He could have only been in the country for 1 day and apply through that office, as long as the visa if for at least a year.
Oh okay, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

So there you go neng23......take note of what canuck_in_uk wrote... ;)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
fandv said:
Also despite what office an applicant requests, CPC-M will send the application wherever they think is appropriate. Many people have requested an office based on their current residency, but CPC-M still sends the application to visa office based on their citizenship.

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
fandv said:
Oh okay, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

So there you go neng23......take note of what canuck_in_uk wrote... ;)

Thank you soooooo much guys for sharing all this info :)