+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my deported father...?

SBW

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
Anyone that can provide help to me will be greatly appreciated... so my dad was deported 25 years ago from Canada. I have a close relationship with my father, I now have children and would like him to come back to Canada for visits or even to live with me. Would I be able to sponsor him with a super visa through family class sponsorship, would he need a pardon? Would him being married to a Canadian citizen a better route?.. please help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyone that can provide help to me will be greatly appreciated... so my dad was deported 25 years ago from Canada. I have a close relationship with my father, I now have children and would like him to come back to Canada for visits or even to live with me. Would I be able to sponsor him with a super visa through family class sponsorship, would he need a pardon? Would him being married to a Canadian citizen a better route?.. please help!
He will need to go through the ARC process in order to be allowed to return to Canada under a super visa. Having a past deportation can make it difficult to be approved. However the fact this happened 25 years ago may work in his favour.

You can also opt to sponsor him through the parent / grandparent sponsorship program provided you make enough income and are selected through a lottery. He will need to make sure he declares the deportation and he'll need to go through the ARC process which will involve longer processing times and more fees. However this past history won't stop him from being approved.

If he gets married to a Canadian citizen, that person can sponsor him for PR (once again, he will need to go through the ARC process and make sure he declares the deportation in his application). This is an option as long as the relationship is truly genuine and he's not simply marrying to get back to Canada. If it's a marriage of convenience, this will create far more problems than it solves.

Reactions: canuck78

SBW

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
He will need to go through the ARC process in order to be allowed to return to Canada under a super visa. Having a past deportation can make it difficult to be approved. However the fact this happened 25 years ago may work in his favour.

You can also opt to sponsor him through the parent / grandparent sponsorship program provided you make enough income and are selected through a lottery. He will need to make sure he declares the deportation and he'll need to go through the ARC process which will involve longer processing times and more fees. However this past history won't stop him from being approved.

If he gets married to a Canadian citizen, that person can sponsor him for PR (once again, he will need to go through the ARC process and make sure he declares the deportation in his application). This is an option as long as the relationship is truly genuine and he's not simply marrying to get back to Canada. If it's a marriage of convenience, this will create far more problems than it solves.

Thank you