+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my daughter

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, I don’t have other children under 18. I am married but his father is not interested to get the PR. What if she turned 22 during the processing time?
If you are married, he must be included on the application even if not interested. You all must go through the medicals too. So your son, must meet LICO for 4 people over the next 3 years. If your profile is selected before your daughter turns 22, it is locked in. Processing after being selected will take years.

Reactions: Retajy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your son will only qualify to apply in 2 years so he would essentially hope his application gets selected in the year or 2 you have before she turns 22. This is far from guaranteed and many have attempted to get selected for many years and are still waiting so have a plan B. If he gets married during this time or during the processing time he will need to add another family member. Processing of the application is 12-24 months so your daughter may only get PR if selected closer to 23-24. As others have said his father must be included in the application and pass the medical. Certainly no harm trying but this isn’t something you can count on.

Retajy

Star Member
May 30, 2018
If you are married, he must be included on the application even if not interested. You all must go through the medicals too. So your son, must meet LICO for 4 people over the next 3 years. If your profile is selected before your daughter turns 22, it is locked in. Processing after being selected will take years.
Thank you so much for your help and for your time.

Retajy

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Your son will only qualify to apply in 2 years so he would essentially hope his application gets selected in the year or 2 you have before she turns 22. This is far from guaranteed and many have attempted to get selected for many years and are still waiting so have a plan B. If he gets married during this time or during the processing time he will need to add another family member. Processing of the application is 12-24 months so your daughter may only get PR if selected closer to 23-24. As others have said his father must be included in the application and pass the medical. Certainly no harm trying but this isn’t something you can count on.
Thank you very much. I am not so hopeful after all the info I got here . As you said I have to have a plan B.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much. I am not so hopeful after all the info I got here . As you said I have to have a plan B.
You should certainly try and there is certainly a chance but given your daughter’s age and needing to wait 2 years before even qualifying it is far from guaranteed.

Reactions: Retajy

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also make sure your son meets LICO for 3 consecutive years (2020, 21 and 22). In the past, it is around $60-62k for 4 people but for 2020, it was much lower due to COVID. If he doesn't meet LICO for one of those years, he is not eligible.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No, I don’t have other children under 18. I am married but his father is not interested to get the PR.
Given the timeframe (i.e. it will take years and is quite uncertain), your own plans, and that it seems sponsoring your daughter is important to you and her brother: it seems to me the best measures you can take are to ensure your daughter gets the education and work experience that would allow her to qualify on her own to become a PR.

You might wish to consider higher education in Canada for her. While it's by no means a guarantee of eventually getting PR, university students can work in co-op programs, can usually work after graduation for a certain period (post-graduate work permit), and Canadian experience is a plus as well in eventually applying for PR on her own.