Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Just to add to my comment above - there is only one option I see. That's if he can get a visitor visa approved. Then once he's here - he could try to apply for PR through H&C. However since a visitor visa has already been refused, I suspect this will be difficult/impossible.

Hi scylla, why is a visitor visa needed to file a H&C immigration application? I am unable to find the reference in the link below, maybe I am missing something. Would appreciate your response on this.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/intake-who-may-apply.html

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi scylla, why is a visitor visa needed to file a H&C immigration application? I am unable to find the reference in the link below, maybe I am missing something. Would appreciate your response on this.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/intake-who-may-apply.html
Here is the H&C Instruction Guide. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5291-humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html#5291E2

The very first rule of eligibility is the applicant must be inside Canada, so obviously needs a TRV to get here.

Who may use this application?
You may use this application to apply for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) if you:
  • are a foreign national currently living in Canada;

There are probably some situations where overseas applicants can apply for H&C although I think this is for very specific circumstances. In general if you aren't in Canada, you can't apply under a normal H&C app. Else literally anyone in the world could just lodge H&C apps for whatever reason.

Sbelding001

Oct 25, 2018
Hello immigration experts,

I'm wondering if there is any way I could bring my brother to live in Canada.

I'm 43 years old and my brother is 23. He is autistic (high-functioning), a US citizen, and is living with my parents in the US (all US citizen). My parents have been taking care of him for 23 years, are old, and deserve a break.

I am childless and would like to take care of my brother, but I can't figure out how he can come live with me in Canada, where I've been living for the past 10 years with my Canadian husband. My husband sponsored my PR when I first came to Canada.

My husband and I run a hobby farm.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Liza

juleswantpr

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Unfortunately it's not possible for you to sponsor him. If your parents were still alive, then you could apply to sponsor them and attempt to include your brother as a dependent. However with your parents deceased, there are unfortunately no options for sponsorship.
I thought there's a provision to sponsor siblings if they're alone.

juleswantpr

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, I am from India. I will be moving to Canada next year. When I have enough income, I would like to sponsor my mother and my autistic brother as her dependent. How are his chances to get the PR? Also I heard the rule that prevents disabled people to receive PR have been relaxed. Or it's just a hoax?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I thought there's a provision to sponsor siblings if they're alone.
No - there is no such provision. There is a provision for sponsoring other family members if YOU are alone in Canada. However there are a number of requirements that need to be met (including both of your parents being deceased).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am from India. I will be moving to Canada next year. When I have enough income, I would like to sponsor my mother and my autistic brother as her dependent. How are his chances to get the PR? Also I heard the rule that prevents disabled people to receive PR have been relaxed. Or it's just a hoax?
Yes currently the excessive demand limit is much higher than it used to be. Assume your brother is not able to live independently. If your mother passed away you would be unlikely to be able to care for him if you had to work and he would need to be in a group home. That would be very expensive. Assume your brother would also file for disability once the 20 years are up. I can be very hard to get permission for disabled adults to move with their parents.

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want to sponsor him but not getting any ways. Guys plz suggest something. They even rejected his visitor visa. Any idea?
Unfortunately there are limited ways to sponsor people and if you don’t qualify you have to look for other options in their own country.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I want to sponsor him but not getting any ways. Guys plz suggest something. They even rejected his visitor visa. Any idea?
If he has been denied a TRV, then even the possibility of an H&C application is not available.

Lizaveta said:
Hello immigration experts,

I'm wondering if there is any way I could bring my brother to live in Canada.

I'm 43 years old and my Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire brother is 23. He is autistic (high-functioning), a US citizen, and is living with my parents in the US (all US citizen). My parents have been taking care of him for 23 years, are old, and deserve a break.

I am childless and would like to take care of my brother, but I can't figure out how he can come live with me in Canada, where I've been living for the past 10 years with my Canadian husband. My husband sponsored my PR when I first came to Canada.

My husband and I run a hobby farm.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Liza
And, why are there embedded URLs in your quoted section? They are not there in the original text. Do you have a Trojan or Virus? Or, is this deliberately being done by you?

I have reported the issue to the moderator.

Last edited: