+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring married daughter and her family who has lost her status as PR

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hi.
I came to Canada in July 2005 with my 4 daughters and a son. all were my dependents, studied here for one year except my daughter who just completed one and a half semester of grade 11 and i sent her to Pakistan to look after her grand mother in April 2006. (husband passed away in 2001 when immigration was in process)
Me and my other children went to Pakistan in August 2006 for vacation but exactly after a moth we reached there my mother in law was paralyzed and I could not come back (though another reason for not returning back was that I did not know about the 730 days..... I only knew that card can be renewed after 5 years and for citizenship you need to stay for 3 years, I never never heard about something like the residency obligation for renewal of PR card...

so when it came time for renewal I came back to Canada with 3 daughters and left the older daughter with grand ma (that daughter got married in 2008, has 2 kids, doing undergrad in clinical psychology in a university, she will be 23 in this December). she also came to Canada in August 2010 a month after we came 9 she was waiting for her sons' visa which was refused. She applied for renewal of Pr card on urgent basis and went back to Pakistan because of her 15 month old son.

My son who studies in a medical school in Pakistan also applied for urgent Pr card and went back because of his school.

I thought that living in Canada with expired Pr card is illegal so i also applied for the renewal of Pr cards. when after 5 months i came to know that I have done a blunder and application can be withdrawn, I applied for that but till then my application was gone to local office. so it was not with drawn. Now I received RQ in Feb 2012. I have submitted them.
I do not know what is going to happen next.
My questions are:
My daughter applied for TD in last summer too(to see me because i had my surgery and i sent to her a doctors' note) but she was refused for not fulfilling the residency obligation and her status was revoked. she was given the appeal opportunity but I did not file it and after two months of that notice, a final letter came that she was no more a permanent resident.
So can I apply for her and her family's sponsorship from Canada (though I am still in the process of being assessed for residency breach). Her DOB is Dec. 1989, when she got married (March 2008) she was a student and my dependent.

My other question is that my son was called for interview in Jan 2011 but he could not come, his application was abandoned (by mail) and later his status on web site showed that application completed or closed i do not remember exactly.
4 months before he applied for Td but no response so far from CHC Islamabad. He will compete his degree in Dec 2012-
Jan 2013.
My social ties with Canada are:
1. Purchased a condo apartment in Feb 2011, am paying mortgage, maintaining accounts in two banks, credit card,a daughter in the university, 2 in school. I also applied for admission in the university though refused.
Am I eligible to sponsor my daughter and her children in these circumstances.
thank you
Janay