+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Korean Wife Outland, questions, please help!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
The sponsor's checklist says this about the Option C printout:

An original "Option C Printout" of your and your co-signer's last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year.

[...]

If you do not provide this printout, please provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper.
This tells me:

- first, that they're only interested in the most recent taxation year;

- second, that it's possible to give an explanation of why you're not including it.

I think a foreign tax return plus proof of employment is fine. This is what has been said in other threads on the same topic:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/do-i-need-option-c-printout-t105565.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-by-nonresident-canadian-citizen-workingliving-abroad-t135444.0.html

Also, I think it's inconceivable that somebody living and working in a foreign country would be receiving welfare in Canada.

In any case, if you provide the explanation they ask for (i.e., living abroad, so no Canadian tax return), I don't think you can be faulted for not submitting it.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Yeah, all your points are valid, but this is CIC we are talking about. To me, it is just not worth the potential hassle to not include it.

hucards

Jun 21, 2013
I didn't need an Option C as I have been out of canada for 8 years. I simply provided proof of my savings, investments, employment in Japan as well as a detailed explanation of my plans to resettle. As long as you have decent savings and a place in canada (family, friend) where you can live if unemployed there will be no problem.

jason_kelly

Aug 19, 2013
So I sent a fax to the tax office requesting an option C and just got off the phone with the CIC who assured me that as long as I include my kids birth certificates and the receipts showing that their applications for citizenship have been filed, there should be no problems. What a relief! He did say that if for some strange reason it wasn't enough I would just simply have to send them copies of the certificates which wont be a problem since I'm sure to have them before the application gets to Manila which is where they are required.