+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Inlaws !

Youngjung

May 10, 2018
Hello everyone !! Looking for some guidance - my husband got an email from
CIC saying he’s been selected to sponsor his parents. However his sponsorship undertaking for me (wife) is still under effect... (which I believe is for 3 years since I became PR) now the question is can I be a co sponsor (signer) when he fills up the form to sponsor his parents ??
Thanks !!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone !! Looking for some guidance - my husband got an email from
CIC saying he’s been selected to sponsor his parents. However his sponsorship undertaking for me (wife) is still under effect... (which I believe is for 3 years since I became PR) now the question is can I be a co sponsor (signer) when he fills up the form to sponsor his parents ??
Thanks !!
Different immigration streams. Yes, he can sponsor them, and yes, you can cosign. Just be very clear about what you committing to, even if you and your husband part ways.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Different immigration streams. Yes, he can sponsor them, and yes, you can cosign. Just be very clear about what you committing to, even if you and your husband part ways.
Agree. It's for 20 years undertaking that starts after his parents landed.

Youngjung

May 10, 2018
Thank you for the reply !! Zardoz !!
I was wondering since we have a baby does that mean my husband is already sponsoring 2 of us ?? Because there’s one question where it says how many sponsorship undertaking he has ?? And what’s the income requirement to sponsor parents ( including me and baby ) since the spouse sponsorship is still in effect ) thanks a lot

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for the reply !! Zardoz !!
I was wondering since we have a baby does that mean my husband is already sponsoring 2 of us ?? Because there’s one question where it says how many sponsorship undertaking he has ?? And what’s the income requirement to sponsor parents ( including me and baby ) since the spouse sponsorship is still in effect ) thanks a lot
His income requirement needs to cover you and the baby regardless if you still of his undertaking.
Is the baby born here? Then baby is part of family but not undertaking.

Anyway, family size is him, you, baby, parents -> 5.

Last edited:

Youngjung

May 10, 2018
THan k you YVR123 for the response ... yes he baby is born here ... I really appreciate your response !! ... so it’s goinf to be 5 of us and what is the income requirement of my husband ??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
THan k you YVR123 for the response ... yes he baby is born here ... I really appreciate your response !! ... so it’s goinf to be 5 of us and what is the income requirement of my husband ??
Not a question you should be asking by this point. Did your husband not make sure he met the income requirement BEFORE applying, as required?

Reactions: Will_PA

Youngjung

May 10, 2018
Not a question you should be asking by this point. Did your husband not make sure he met the income requirement BEFORE applying, as required?
I get what you are trying to say !! Things have changed a little ( circumstances have changed since)
Just confirming few things ...he did go through everything before he even filled up he form to bring them here ... !! Thanks a lot for your time

Last edited: