+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring imigration for spouse and intermediate time visa

gnazaryan

Aug 8, 2013
Hi Experts,

I am a Canadian resident for 3 years and I was planning to marry to an Armenian girl.

I read the processes for the marriage sponsorship in CIC website, I think it is quite clear.

But still some questions I have and will appreciate your advise.

So one thing I found was the process was taking about 1 year overall. Bcause I find it necessary to be with her here in Canada in the mean time. I thought would that be possible to do it by a regular visa with the sponsorship process.

How can I make such that we live together untill the application is approved for residency.

Thank you,
Grigor

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
Hi Experts,

I am a Canadian resident for 3 years and I was planning to marry to an Armenian girl.

I read the processes for the marriage sponsorship in CIC website, I think it is quite clear.

But still some questions I have and will appreciate your advise.

So one thing I found was the process was taking about 1 year overall. Bcause I find it necessary to be with her here in Canada in the mean time. I thought would that be possible to do it by a regular visa with the sponsorship process.

How can I make such that we live together untill the application is approved for residency.

Thank you,
Grigor
If you apply outland she can come and visit and stay up to 6 months. After that she can ask for extension and probably get another 6 months. She wont be able to work during this time.
The other option, if she will be in Canada you can apply inland and also ask for an OWP which will allow her to work during this time. I believe that as an amrican she wont have a problem to enter Canada so the second option will probably be the best for you.