+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband

torresandino

Mar 14, 2008
Can any body tell me how abouts do I get a letter from the MP to help with the immigration process?

I hired a lawyer to do the paper work but when ever immigration has sent him asking him for more info he takes his time in responding and its dragging the process, I was able to get the email from the person that requests the info and sent her the information, I haven't heard back from here nor has the lawyer, should I send her emails here and there as to the status of the file? Will me sending emails do harm in the process, I jsut don't want the file to be palced at the bottom of the pile.

If the lawyer sends an email requesting info as to the status of the file, might they give him some info?

M

med

i think since u hired a lawyer to do you the papers then he is the one who is gonna recieve info abt ur file from them and yes if he ask for some info he will get it

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
When CIC requests additional information or documents, they normally place what's called a "bring forward date" on your file - so, although it doesn't go to the "bottom of the pile", it will be set aside in a pending queue awaiting your response and, for example if they allow 90 days for you to submit the information, they're going to assign a 90 day BF date and they won't look at your file to see whether the requested info has been received until after that date has passed. That's probably why your lawyer is not in a huge hurry to get info from you and back to them.

As far as the MP - you don't get a letter from the MP. The sponsor can simply contact the MP's office and ask them to make an inquiry on the status of the file. Some MP's offices are very interested/cooperative in doing this - others aren't. It all depends - but normally an inquiry from the MP's office will result in nothing more than a form letter from CIC that quotes the standard processing timelines. Your MP cannot do anything to "speed up" processing of your application. In fact, most of the time, even when there's a problem with processing, the MP's office will not be able to do much, if anything, to resolve the situation or even to find out what's happening.

You didn't say whether you filed inland or outland. If you filed inland, you shouldn't expect to hear anything for at least 5-6 months. And that's just to first stage approval. After that expect another 6-12 months to finalization. If you filed outland you can check the processing timelines for your particular visa office. If your file falls within normal limits for that visa office, don't be sending periodic emails to the officer processing the file. It has a tendency to annoy them. Even inquiries from the MP's office as to the status of the file, if processing is still within normal timelines, will not be welcomed. If your case has been in process for awhile, and you're at the upper limit of the processing timeline, you can order your CAIPS notes (FOSS if inland). This is a computer print-out on the status of the file that will sometimes include notes from the IO about any potential problems. Receipt of the CAIPS notes takes about 5-6 weeks.

torresandino

Mar 14, 2008
The application is outland (outside of Canada), the application went to Buffalo and than it was sent to the Consulate in Los Angeles, they said they sent it there to speed the process, but I know that's just a random letter that they send, also saying that we were not to contact them for 3 months from the date of the letter, it has been more than 3 months since that letter, I believe that the date which they will be looking at this file is going to be December 10, 2008, since they gave 30 days for us to respond to the email that was sent. The info that was being requested was sent and then I got another email stating that the info that I provided was not enough and than I sent more and never heard from them again, would she have replied to me if the last information that I sent to them was not enough as they did before?

I was told that the process in the Los Angeles Consulate, even with the complex applications is takes about 6 months to finalize (this was said to me directly from the Los Angeles Consulate) once the application is approved and he send the passport to get the stamp/visa, how long does it take for him to be here?

me007

Nov 29, 2008
Hi ROBS
What is meant by "continue processing with RVF"
in CAIPS note by VO who waived the interview please?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I'm pretty sure they would have contacted you again if the last information you sent was not enough . . . after all, they did that the first time. I can't really tell what the "continue processing with RVF" means because I don't know where it appears in the timeline . . . was it dated/entered before or after they received the last information requested from you? I don't know that RVF is anything more than the initials of an IO.

Typically the US visa offices don't request the passport until they have made a decision, so once they receive it from you the turn-around should be pretty quick . . . a couple of weeks by mail, I think. Then you go to the closest Canadian POE with your passport and the COPR for landing.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RobsLuv said:
I'm pretty sure they would have contacted you again if the last information you sent was not enough . . . after all, they did that the first time. I can't really tell what the "continue processing with RVF" means because I don't know where it appears in the timeline . . . was it dated/entered before or after they received the last information requested from you? I don't know that RVF is anything more than the initials of an IO.

Typically the US visa offices don't request the passport until they have made a decision, so once they receive it from you the turn-around should be pretty quick . . . a couple of weeks by mail, I think. Then you go to the closest Canadian POE with your passport and the COPR for landing.
It is probably a typo, should for RFV request for visa.

PMM

Char

Dec 4, 2008
I just recently contacted my MP(last week) to get their assistance with bringing my husband to Canada. Information she requested was: complete file of anything relating to your application(s). More information is best. She also requested that my husband sumbit a letter to the Canadian Consulate Generals office (for us it is Seattle) and to Citizenship and Immigration office (where ever your application is) giving the MP Office authority to obtain information from either office. Letter content "I so and so, authorize Mrs. Name from the Office of (MP OFFICE) to enquire on my behalf regarding my application(s), LIST APPS with Client IDS. I authorize Mrs.NAME to release information to "your name". I authorize CIC/CBSA/CONSULTE office to release information from my case file (list file numbers) to Mrs.NAME . I will keep you posted as my MP will be reveiwing my documents today and tomorrow. FAX this letter to CIC/CBSA/Consulate and to the MP office. She should be contacting the CIC and Consulate office by next week! Goodluck.

torresandino

Mar 14, 2008
Thank you for all the information, but now am confused with all the other things that are being talked about.

As for the letter from the MP am going to wait a few more months because so far we are still in normal processing times.

me007

Nov 29, 2008
Re: ND BF"D DATES

Nothing happened even BF date is gone. 3 months since she sent them her ppt. Very much worried as how much more time how many more weeks/months they will keep the PPt! What background they are checking on a woman who never went no where? ANy ideas / Guesses? please.....